Xtreme Gaming Network

Jan 5 Fun Run: Lotus 72D vs. Ferrari 312T at Monza '66 and Paul Ricard

Author Topic: Jan 5 Fun Run: Lotus 72D vs. Ferrari 312T at Monza '66 and Paul Ricard  (Read 21944 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
I won't be able to make this Tuesday (damn relatives and their birthdays).

But here's what I was thinking of putting up. Maybe someone wants to put this up on Tuesday night, or change it however you see fit.

Lotus 72D vs Ferrari 312T at Monza '66 (1 x 13 laps), Paul Ricard (2 x 9 laps - one race with the chicane, one without the chicane).

Paul Ricard 0.95 track download is HERE.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 5 Fun Run: Lotus 72D vs. Ferrari 312T at Monza '66 and Paul Ricard
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 08:26:44 PM »
That lotus vs fezza at Monza sounds gorgeous - but Paul Ricard is sure heaps of fun!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 08:28:35 PM »
The cars are very evenly matched.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 09:08:59 PM »
Sounds fun. I've got out of the habit of playing AC since the baby and need to get back into it more regularly! Wish I had a permanent setup as the main thing I can't be bothered with is setting up my wheel etc..

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 03:55:30 PM »
Seeing the forum was down I assumed it was modern Monza, I have 2 servers up one with the official XGN server at paul ricard this is open to most MR ratings. The Monza 1 is a Marty's server and is only AB grades as this would be carnage otherwise and I have changed it now to Monza 66.

I am trying to figure out how to get a whitelist from stracker to run alongside with MR filtering that way I could white list all xgn members while still only allowing AB or C grade MR users to help avoid keeping the rif raf out. If only AB then the others should be at a reasonable standard to not really bother xgn guys in practice.

I recently found another cool feature in stracker which allows you to change session lengths and race length from within game and no need to restart the server. The changes take effect on the next session, simply people need to be added to the admin group`then stracker gives extra commands available to make these changes. I will add Wally and a few others that use these servers regularly in the admin group and that way if they practice on their own can change qualy time or race lengths within server.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 06:21:49 PM »
Seeing the forum was down I assumed it was modern Monza, I have 2 servers up one with the official XGN server at paul ricard this is open to most MR ratings. The Monza 1 is a Marty's server and is only AB grades as this would be carnage otherwise and I have changed it now to Monza 66.

I am trying to figure out how to get a whitelist from stracker to run alongside with MR filtering that way I could white list all xgn members while still only allowing AB or C grade MR users to help avoid keeping the rif raf out. If only AB then the others should be at a reasonable standard to not really bother xgn guys in practice.

I recently found another cool feature in stracker which allows you to change session lengths and race length from within game and no need to restart the server. The changes take effect on the next session, simply people need to be added to the admin group`then stracker gives extra commands available to make these changes. I will add Wally and a few others that use these servers regularly in the admin group and that way if they practice on their own can change qualy time or race lengths within server.

Are you going to run something tomorrow night Marty? I won't be around (although may drop in for a late race).

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »
Tuesday night would be good :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 12:29:03 AM »
I think having the combos you suggested will do half half lotus and ferrari for the grid, usual time server will just be passworded with the regular xgn pass. Had some great fun racing lotus vs ferrari at Paul ricard but havent ran at Monza 66 yet though they should also be fun there. Maybe just switch them over as Paul Ricard is a bit trickier and so better having the server up earlier so people can run some laps there. Monza is pretty basic a layout even if setups may need a fair bit of a change so there will be a 20 min qualy there before the race.

Will run just on the prac server so stracker will be there to log results and MR will just run in the background to help grade people that may not have ran many laps in these servers yet. There wont be any MR filtering so all with the pass will be able to get in.

For the Monza run we can do 66 or modern layout, just see what people are more keen to do and so this can be decided over TS on the nite. I did run a server last week with this combo at Monza and it was quite fun though it will be trickier for those that havent ran there yet. I am pretty sure Bird and Bacchulum would suggest the historic but we will just go with a majority vote either in this thread or after race 1 in chat if not enough votes are made here.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:33:08 AM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 07:49:34 AM »
Thanks Marty. I was thinking of Monza 66 first up as an ”easy” track for people who may have had no practice to jump straight into, before the trickier Paul Ricard.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 07:55:14 AM »
Could we try fixed setups for Monza?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 09:13:52 AM »

now that sounds good to me, I find it easier to adapt to setups than create one that suits (hehe) my driving "style".

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 09:20:39 AM »
Marty, Guybrush and Phil have good setups for these cars. Perhaps they could work out a good, easy-driving setup for Monza. I realise low downforce is the quickest but it is also the most difficult to handle. By going fixed setups it might make for a fun night for those just joining without any practise.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 09:46:10 AM »

We could but then maybe better with just one car there, I can make a fairly easy to drive setup in either one but to make both cars match up would be unlikely. On their limits the cars can match up fairly well but mostly because you can run the lotus motor harder which balances out the more power the ferrari motor has which is easy to destroy at high rpm and needs to be run at lower rpm.

Even if we dont go fixed setups the server will be running stracker so guys can easily share setups in the server. I think maybe a more basic car would be better with fixed setups but the server can also be setup to limit only parts of the setup. You could force rear aero a bit higher here in both cars and this would make for more drafting and possibly easier to drive cars.

In order for the setup sharing to work though you need the latest stable build or the old experimental 3.1.6 which has just been moved to stable. If you have that no need to update to stable build as its the exact same build.

You may need to install the Microsoft Redistributables 2015 to be able to upload a setup to the server but to just download them this shouldnt be needed.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Thanks Marty. I was thinking of Monza 66 first up as an ”easy” track for people who may have had no practice to jump straight into, before the trickier Paul Ricard.
Main reason I think the other way around is people can have more practice and qualy time at Paul ricard. If its race 2 they will only get 15 or 20 minutes in qualy to learn the track and find a setup.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 09:51:39 AM »
sound too difficult for a off season fun night, IMO. Thanks for info Marty

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 11:06:03 AM »
Thursday nights,  season 2 is going to be a fixed setup, in probably the old Porche  spyder,
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal