Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat  (Read 21673 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:11:35 PM »
RACE RESULTS AND CHARTS
SEASON STANDINGS

SEASON STATS
ALL TIME STATS

Lap 1 Penalties
Race 1, Dave O ran into the back of Doobs, 50kg penalty ballast for the next race.

Race 2, Dave O had a big accident by himself and bounced off some barriers into the back of Seanus, a racing incident - no penalty.
Jeremy came off track and then carelessly re-entered the track, squeezing nith and hitting him several times, 25kg penalty ballast for the next race.

Round Points
Grat    79
Matthew111    70
Marty    57
Jeremy    54
Phil.8    53
nith    42
Wally    36
hylas    29
Joe    22
Bacchulum    21
Mael    21
Keith    16
stevenngo    12
Freezer    9
Simone    7
Bafs17    5
Rob    4
RussG    3
AJ    2
Vipergod    1
Dave O    0
Doobs    0
Flattop    0
Gratulin    0
Guybrush Threepwood    0
GzeroD    0
Hornbag    0
M8R    0
Rob LTD    0
slideways    0

Congratulations to Grat on pole position and both race wins - a clean sweep.

Season Podium
1. Grat, 79 points
2. Matthew111, 70
3. Marty, 57

Team Standings
Struggle Street Racing Crew (Matthew and Jeremy) have made a good start to the season, leading DA Racing (Grat and Wally) 124 points to 115.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:38:44 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
Re: S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:16:40 PM »
I'm a little annoyed. I lost server contact in both races because something went screwy with steam.
I had fun for the bits was involved in.

see you next week

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 10:34:47 PM »
Qualified 5th then on the first lap on the second part of that odd double apex near the start of the lap I gave it slightly too much throttle and spun onto the grass. It wasn't safe to rejoin so I waited for a gap and got back onto the track in 17th.

I got past several people then was behind Gratulin for a while. It took me a few laps to figure out where I could get past; I tried on the left hairpin a couple of times but eventually got past on the inside at the end of the straight after that hairpin. After that I caught up with Bacculum but there was no way I was getting past him.

Race 2 start behind Bacculum again and knew it wasn't gonna be easy to pass. The two of us got past Keith then it felt like the latter part of R1 again. I knew I could probably get an undercut and was about to go into the pits myself when he did and I managed to get a clean lap with no traffic, take my stop and get out in front.

After that I joined the Nith, Wally and Hylas train for the rest of the race. Some very close racing, (too close at one point, my bad), but everyone held it together and even though I was getting better exits on a lot of corners this track is so hard to pass. Just fingers crossed one of you had a cut track penalty as I didn't. Think that was 11th place finish.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »
Big problems for me to with Steam  :(  I think it was you I took out in the 1st race Doobs ? Sorry m8  :( a big seniors
moment  :-[  And  sorry to Zero for the wipeout in race 2 (lost the back end & was just a passenger.
Not a great night on my part, although had a good battle with Hornbag at the back. Hope I get it together a bit
better next week. Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 11:41:05 PM »
Race 1 probably best not to say much as I have nothing good to say there about some driving there.

Race 2 starting 5th I ended up losing a place and the last thing I wanted to do is have another race next to the guy from race 1 so I pitted early. Managed to have a reasonably clear run through the traffic and after the others had stopped I picked up 3 spots into 3rd. Last few laps my tyres were fairly used but I had just a big enough gap on Jeremy to manage to stay in that spot. Well done to Grat who had some good pace each session and I wouldn't have been able to stay with even if it wasn't such a mess race 1.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 11:42:07 PM »
Struggling to be overly speedy in these cars!  Race one I blew as coming on to the front straight for the first time I spun sending me well back.  From there I got a couple and kept it clean.
Race two  was better with some opening lap passes and generally clean race.
I think the rolling start needs to be cleaned up as the field was way to spread out.  Speed was up to150 during the lap and when the front guys crossed the start/finish the back markers still had two corners to negotiate leaving them way behind. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 11:45:15 PM »
Results and points up in the first post. I originally copied the Blancpain scoring style, where only the top 6 and 10 in the two races get any points at all, but with our big field that left a lot of people with no points at all, so I stretched the scoring positions out, so the top 12 get points in the first "qualifying" race, and the top 20 get points in race 2.

Race 1: 22, 19, 16, 13, 11, 9, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Race 2: 56, 51, 46, 41, 37, 33, 29, 25, 22, 19, 16, 13, 11, 9, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Enduro race: 78, 70, 62, 54, 48, 42, 36, 30, 26, 22, 18, 14, 11, 9, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 12:02:53 AM »
I think the rolling start needs to be cleaned up as the field was way to spread out.  Speed was up to150 during the lap and when the front guys crossed the start/finish the back markers still had two corners to negotiate leaving them way behind.

Probably need to keep the speed a bit lower and more consistent, say 120 kph, with the gaps more closed up.

Race 1 probably best not to say much as I have nothing good to say there about some driving there.
Two PMs sent!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 12:10:17 AM »
My two races were pretty good, with no mishaps or accidents. In race 1, Jeremy had an off a few laps into the race and I got past him, but then he was putting pressure on me from behind so I decided to pit a little earlier than I had planned to, to get rid of him. It didn't work out too bad - I came out behind Russ but I think he ran wide somewhere and I could get past, then Rob was too gentlemanly and just let me past when I caught up to him, and from there it was chasing Jeremy and then Nith. I made up 1 spot on my qualifying position, so that wasn't too bad.

Race 2, I decided to pit on lap 2 to get out of the pack (as did Marty). I had a little bit of clear track for a few laps, but then nith pitted too, and I ended up about less than a second behind him for 13 laps. As our tyres went off a little from the early stop, Hylas and Joe caught up to make a 4 car train, but no one could get a pass anywhere with us all circulating in the 47s/48s. I finished in my start position.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 12:33:20 AM »
Struggling to be overly speedy in these cars!  Race one I blew as coming on to the front straight for the first time I spun sending me well back.  From there I got a couple and kept it clean.
You are probably right we can do a bit better. But I thought I might share my experience as leader (given that I fully expect others will take the honours in the next races...)

From my perspective, I was mostly using the whole lap trying to swerve left and right and cause as much understeer I could on the slow corners to keep some heat in the tyres. I kept an eye on the mirrors to make sure everybody was there with me, and slowed down to pack us up in the last 3 or 4 corners. From where I was, I could see only down to 4th or 5th position, and they were all very close to me.

Looking at the result graphs and some of the gap times, it seems like there were gaps in the middle of the pack. I am not sure I know how the leader can avoid them, though. The last two corners were just before the start. I delayed the "go" until basically the start/finish line, but with 30 of us I doubt we can keep the whole pack in much less than that distance...

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 01:48:06 AM »
Hey Wally I probably should have got 50kg for the second incident too  :-[  Sorry Seanus.
I should spend most of the next weeks round checking for blue flags  ;D
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 05:57:55 AM »
Oh, sounds like a saucy night!  Looking forward to seeing some videos Marty!

Well done Grât on the round win - your first?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 07:08:11 AM »
Oh, sounds like a saucy night!  Looking forward to seeing some videos Marty!

Well done Grât on the round win - your first?
Not the first round win (2nd), but first of almost everything. First pole! First double! First of many things really (lead all laps; win with fastest laps?...).

More importantly: it's the first time I get a season win in a racing car with standard... procedures. I only got wins or fastest laps in street cars before, often with some kind of reverse grid.

Of course you weren't there. ;) I saw your lap on the practice server and I have no idea how you manage to get an entire second from me even on my best ever day...

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 07:21:57 AM »
...the second incident too  :-[  Sorry Seanus...

No harm no foul Dave, I was driving with my mirrors and saw you lose it, and in the end I only went from second last to second last.(sic)

As to the race this combo seemed to suffer random acts of god, wherein I couldn't even begin to push lest I locked up and spun in places where to me it seemed track grip was just a lottery on each lap. because of this I felt it better to let the early pitters back past me as it was odds on I would just spin in front of them and take them out.

Cheers Ta Mate

Seanus
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 07:34:22 AM »
You are probably right we can do a bit better. But I thought I might share my experience as leader (given that I fully expect others will take the honours in the next races...)

From my perspective, I was mostly using the whole lap trying to swerve left and right and cause as much understeer I could on the slow corners to keep some heat in the tyres. I kept an eye on the mirrors to make sure everybody was there with me, and slowed down to pack us up in the last 3 or 4 corners. From where I was, I could see only down to 4th or 5th position, and they were all very close to me.

Looking at the result graphs and some of the gap times, it seems like there were gaps in the middle of the pack. I am not sure I know how the leader can avoid them, though. The last two corners were just before the start. I delayed the "go" until basically the start/finish line, but with 30 of us I doubt we can keep the whole pack in much less than that distance...

It could just be the nature of that track too, with it's tight corners where it's hard to stay bunched up. Next round at Monza could be quite different.

Hey Wally I probably should have got 50kg for the second incident too  :-[  Sorry Seanus.
I should spend most of the next weeks round checking for blue flags  ;D
Well, it's not like you just ran straight into the back of him... you lost the rear, slid into a barrier and then bounced back onto the track. It was more an accident than a blatant rear hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal