Xtreme Gaming Network

Getting triple monitors to work

Author Topic: Getting triple monitors to work  (Read 7852 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Getting triple monitors to work
« on: December 01, 2013, 09:41:41 AM »
I've now got my triple monitors. What do you have to do for NKP? I've set mode=3 in screen.ini. I also downloaded some kegetys fov fix I found which let's you change the fov with the page up and down keys.

David G, you've set your fov to 30. Does that mean you don't need this fov fix?

I have the problem that everything looks ok on the triples, but I can't seem to click on the setup options. It's like the mouse click is in the wrong place. I'm using nvidia, and on my desktop, I'm using nvidia surround. I think all that does is sets up a custom resolution to allow for bevel displacement on the desktop, but maybe that's buggering up where NKP thinks the mouse click is.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Getting triple monitors to work
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 09:58:04 AM »
I did install that FOV fix, but preferred 30 in the end, which is the 'correct' FOV for my screen size/distance.
I don't remember changing any .ini files, but it has been a while since I set it up. :-[
I use nVidia surround with custom, bezel corrected, resolution (5880x1080) and as long as I select the same res in nK all is fine in setup. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 02:35:16 PM »
hm...weirdly enough I seem to recall having that click-in-the-wrong-place problem, but not with nkp I think.  It works for me without trouble. 
You do need to set the 3 monitors up as one desktop (I think that's what you did) and it should work.
I'm running 5900x1200 all up, btw.

You can try and reinstall your drivers, I've also had funnies occasionally after an install - clean wipe & reinstall solved it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 11:22:49 PM »
Thanks, got it working by not setting mode=3 in the screen.ini file. Now my in-game setup, view, suspension etc. buttons are spread right across the 3 monitors, whereas before they were all on the centre monitor only.

I also hooked up the TrackIR with the 3 screens.... wooooooahhhhhh!!!!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 08:34:01 AM »
Thanks, got it working by not setting mode=3 in the screen.ini file. Now my in-game setup, view, suspension etc. buttons are spread right across the 3 monitors, whereas before they were all on the centre monitor only.

good to hear it works! yeah the only perk is the buttons - sometimes it's easy to overlook some controls this way.  The 'back to track' green button is a scary one, you won't find it first time :) (off to the far right) 

I reckon trackIR is not needed with 3 screens, to me it was definitely a distraction and annoyance.  There's plenty viewable on 3 screens (plus the look-to-side buttons just in case).  With trackIR I always had to fiddle to keep it centered, watch the reflections, watch my head movements...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:00:12 PM »
I turned the trackIR sensitivity down quite a bit, especially left to right yaw, and I quite like it. I still look a bit more towards the apex.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »
as long as it works for you ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 05:08:11 PM »

It's a shame the garage does that, but worth it for the driving. ;D
Another issue you may have now Wally is finding where the hell your curser is!!!
If you ever see me just slowly drive off in a straight line, it's because I've hit ESC but can't find my curser to click 'back to box'. :-[ :P

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 06:57:36 PM »

It's a shame the garage does that, but worth it for the driving. ;D
Another issue you may have now Wally is finding where the hell your curser is!!!
If you ever see me just slowly drive off in a straight line, it's because I've hit ESC but can't find my curser to click 'back to box'. :-[ :P

Yeah, I've already sat there wiggling the mouse furiously to find it :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal