Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Mondello Intermediate Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 2: Mondello Intermediate Race Chat  (Read 16815 times)

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
Re: Round 2: Mondello Intermediate Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 09:51:55 PM »
Had a bad race 1 and then the connection dropped just before race 2.

I decided to call it a night. See you next week

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »
Had a bad race 1 and then the connection dropped just before race 2.

I decided to call it a night. See you next week
Bad luck Jamie.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 11:27:12 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Stats
Season Standings

Penalties:
Race 2, lap 1: Liam(-2) for rear hit on Glenn(+2)
Race 2, lap 1: Ninja(-2) for rear hit on Dave O(+2), Dion(+2)
Race 2, lap 1: Wally(-2) for rear hit on Rob(+2), Tim(+2)
Race 2, lap 2: Ninja(-2) for rear hit on Wally(+2)
Race 3, lap 7: Steve(-2) for rear hit on Wally(+2)

Round points:
David Gibson   46.5
Glenn Frost   43
Tim Herbertson   43
Dave O'Shea   40.5
Stephen Perryman   37.5
Wally Masterson   37
Dion Ware   32.5
liam cottell   30
Robin Jeffery   27.5
obeone ninja   24.5
Bruce Rook   20
Jamie Passlow   4

Congratulations to David G for the round win and Glenn, Steve and Liam for the race wins.

Season 14 Championship Standings
1. David G, 46.5
2. Tim, 43 [ Tim leaps into second place (worst round being dropped) ]
3. Glenn, 43
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:31:36 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 08:13:50 AM »
Well mixed night for me, still finding my way around Net Kar after a break, and playing other sims! Not to mention being cautious.
Once again Ineed to thank Stephen fur the reminder of bonnet view, I hadn't even thought to look for the key in these cars.  (Assetto I have been emmursed using the dash view)
Over drive must of the night and squandered my lack of ballast :(
Next week!
Finding it a little easier on the hands with lighter steering FFB but need to get a balance where I still have some feel. ..
Thanks for the races all. Pleased the results didn't show I cause to much trouble.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:15:43 AM by Flattop »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »
Fantastic fun to be back! Really enjoyed last nite, had some great runs down the back and up the front of the field.
Finally started finding a nice consistent groove in race 3 trying to hunt down Liam with his light weight! I'm sure I'll have taken a fair hit of ballast due to it.
Missing XGN NKP to much! Might see you next week.... but the way things have been... Probably not!

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »
That was an enjoyable nights racing, and my first win since one in the Osella.

The best racing for me was in races 1 and 3, as race 2 I got a good lead and avoided the slowing down effect of being
in traffic.  Sorry Wally for the hard hit up the rear in race 3, think I just braked a bit too late there. I would have still made the
corner without You there, but should have been a bit more cautious. I realise there is no benefit in readressing here, but
I still feel wrong just continuing after smacking someone off.

Can't believe I selected the F1800 in the Poll, these cars are great fun to drive, glad You made the final correct choice there Wally. 

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »
Couple of shout-outs:
Glen in race 1, sorry I ended the battle a lap and a half short, my bad. :(
Glen (again) & Liam in race 2 (first half), some good back and forth until 'the seas parted'. :o
Liam (again) & Tim in race 3, a fantastic couple of opening laps. ;D

Now I have to brush up on my Flemish....

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 11:18:34 PM »
Sorry Wally for the hard hit up the rear in race 3, think I just braked a bit too late there. I would have still made the
corner without You there, but should have been a bit more cautious. I realise there is no benefit in readressing here, but
Yeah, no need to redress with the penalty system. Best to just carry on and enjoy your race and let the points do the redressing. We all have to be careful to allow enough braking distance with these weak brakes when the car in front is loaded up with ballast and has to brake even earlier.

I agree - these cars are a heap of fun once you get the front/rear balance right and they can slide beautifully through corners.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
Have to say I didn't realise this about the redressing, so good to know.
My race went pretty well with a great battle with Dave in R1 until he disappeared and  I found myself with a huge lead and quickly backed off in ballast management mode.
R2 Started well with a great battle with Liam and Dave until Liam unfortunately got the back of me and I dropped from 2nd to 6th which I held to the end.
R3: Starting down the back I worked very hard to slowly catch Ninja who was powering away in front, it wasnt until the second last corner when he went slightly wide and I slipped through, but it was a hard fought position.
Sorry Wally for the hard hit up the rear in race 3, think I just braked a bit too late there. I would have still made the
Yeah, no need to redress with the penalty system. Best to just carry on and enjoy your race and let the points do the redressing. We all have to be careful to allow enough braking distance with these weak brakes when the car in front is loaded up with ballast and has to brake even earlier.

I agree - these cars are a heap of fun once you get the front/rear balance right and they can slide beautifully through corners.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal