Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R6: Monza post-race chat

Author Topic: S9R6: Monza post-race chat  (Read 34056 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S9R6: Monza post-race chat
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 01:43:39 PM »
Anyone able to post the Race 1 replay?  I'm interested in the 1st lap dramas but didn't save it..

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 01:45:02 PM »
Perfect starts.perfect races,until freezer cut off the road in front of me at 3 laps to go and towards a precious 5th spot,,,,, :'(

Freezer i have a question,did you hear me on TS?

Good fun though,but i wish some drivers would be a bit more alert on the track.

freezer!!!   did you hear me on TS?
I came to a stop sideways across the track with the only option to go forward to get out of the way, which I did, but you suddenly came around Lesmo 1 with no where to go..!
"Good fun though,but i wish some drivers would be a bit more alert on the track."  - are you referring to when you ran me to the grass in R1 :) :)

TS Did I hear you  . . say what?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:56:06 PM by Freezer »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 01:50:34 PM »
I kinda like the idea of a ballast penalty for causing incidents. I'll think about it. Some people care about points; some don't. A ballast penalty is effectively a points penalty if you lose a few places because of it, but you don't want to overdo it to the point of ruining someone's race just because of accidental carelessness. You'd only want to take a few tenths off lap time.

A lot of these incidents are really minor when you watch the replays, with potentially big consequences.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 02:03:46 PM »
I said:"What the fuck are you doing???  Are you drunk???

Do you have any apps on the monitor where you can see the relative positions of the other driver?   cmon mate,i know very well ,,i know its a game but bloody hell....mate!!!
 i foocking run nobody on the grass in R1.....mate....check whos coming if its too late remain stationary(like in real life) then when is safe keep going,you lost the car not me......end of the story,see you next week
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:10:28 PM by Simone »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 02:36:42 PM »

I kinda like the idea of a ballast penalty for causing incidents. I'll think about it. Some people care about points; some don't. A ballast penalty is effectively a points penalty if you lose a few places because of it, but you don't want to overdo it to the point of ruining someone's race just because of accidental carelessness. You'd only want to take a few tenths off lap time.

A lot of these incidents are really minor when you watch the replays, with potentially big consequences.
Except for Guybrush. If he runs into anyone he gets set back to 0 ballast and is forced to race by himself all night ie. out in front!!!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 02:45:57 PM »
Pretty sure that incident between freezer and simone was the odd one that happened on the straight before the second chicane. It wold be interesting to see in a replay who caused it as at the time I thought that was pretty weird to come together there so clearly at least 1 of the 2 was not aware of the other.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »
Pretty sure that incident between freezer and simone was the odd one that happened on the straight before the second chicane. It wold be interesting to see in a replay who caused it as at the time I thought that was pretty weird to come together there so clearly at least 1 of the 2 was not aware of the other.
Would like to see the replay, but I was making ground up the right side of Simone toward the chicane when he appeared to squeeze me and it was either grass or him . . turned out to be him and with both went around.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2015, 03:13:21 PM »
I have both replays, but a really slow upload speed (30 kb/s).  I'll take a look tonight at them.

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 03:33:40 PM »
What a night it was!

Qual 1. Did a decent lap on my 4th lap to go to the top of the list but i was 8thenths up on 2nd and thought I might have gone to hard and was going to get a huge weight penalty for the 2nd race so I decided not to go back out even though the track was improving. Stan ended up getting pole by 3tenths and I stared on the front row so my plan kinda worked out.

Race 1. Got a really good start and was side by side going into t1 with stan, i braked early and gave heaps of room but it was to no avail as I was tagged (all good stan after reading the posts you too were just a victim!) Even with the contact on the first corner and after stan readdressed I found myself in 2nd, trying to chase will was almost near impossible with damage both in the front and the back. Stan quickly caught me and passed easily down the straight. I was settling in for a solid 3rd until I saw will run wide on the last corner and allowed me through with 2 laps ago i pushed hard and to my surprise I was catching stan at a rapid rate! I was right on his rear wing coming into the last corner of the last lap but knew due to my wait I was never going to out drag him and settled for 2nd.

Qual 2. Extra 30kgs wasnt Ideal but I pushed on and got 8th, on my last flyer I was 3tenths up but made a small mistake and there goes a possible top 4...

Race 2. Got another decent start and was extremely careful going into turn1 like everyone around me did which was good to see! With the extra weight I couldnt be as consistant as I would have liked and soon simone was on me I made a slight mistake out of the final turn and he flew past me. The Next chaser was wally and he was catching quick but like simone he past me down the straight with ease! I thought I would try an undercut since wally was holding me up through the slower turns and would bolt down the straight. Plan almost worked two laps later wally came out of the pits as i was in full flights coming down the front straight but it wasnt to be he held his line and I settled in behind after that I tried to pressure him but with the turbulent air plus a heavy car it was hard to keep with him. I decided to save my tyres and wait until I had a lighter car. With two laps to go I pushed hard and caught back up but still couldnt get past him came home in 5th which wasnt to bad!

Its a close championship but with almost 150kg its going to be interesting to see how I can match it with stan and bach! See you next week!

Offline Will

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2015, 05:53:12 PM »
My pit crew really fucked me over in Race 2.

Do you guys bother putting in minimum fuel for the second stint or just hit FILL to save those precious seconds?

Edit: Actually, just occurred to me that it's probably best to consistently make the first stint the shorter one with minimum fuel for this reason. I'm learning - slowly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:56:08 PM by Will »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2015, 06:44:07 PM »
My pit crew really fucked me over in Race 2.

Do you guys bother putting in minimum fuel for the second stint or just hit FILL to save those precious seconds?

Edit: Actually, just occurred to me that it's probably best to consistently make the first stint the shorter one with minimum fuel for this reason. I'm learning - slowly.
Ideally, I would start with a full tank, because it costs you no time to fill up before the race. You want to minimise the time waiting for fuel in your pitstop. I would run as far as your tyres allow, and then refuel enough only to get you home from there. That minimises your stationary refuelling time.

AC pitstops are too simplistic though. You can't see how much fuel you're putting in easily, to judge it for the distance to the end. I usually just fill it up.

Then there's also your tyres and track grip. You probably want to maximise good rubber on a fully gripped track, so then you would pit as soon as the grip reached 100% (5 to 7 laps?) and put fresh rubber on. That probably means a short stint to start, then fill it up to get home, which is the opposite of what I said before!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »
Plan almost worked two laps later wally came out of the pits as i was in full flights coming down the front straight but it wasnt to be he held his line and I settled in behind after that I tried to pressure him but with the turbulent air plus a heavy car it was hard to keep with him. I decided to save my tyres and wait until I had a lighter car. With two laps to go I pushed hard and caught back up but still couldnt get past him came home in 5th which wasnt to bad!

I was aware of you when I was exiting pits. It was a judgement call. Hard to judge on that long straight. I knew it was for position though, so I didn't want to just let you past ;)

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2015, 06:56:27 PM »
I'm not enjoying my driving at the moment. I'm out for the rest of this championship.

Thanks for the effort Wally.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »
I think pit timing is entirely dependent on tyre degradation.

The best thing to do is figure out if you want to run short/medium/long on your first run then get on the practice server and do a race pitstop and figure out where you need to click to get the fuel you want for the second stint.  I normally use the words above the pit stop fuel guage to figure out where to click, eg. just under the "L" in Fuel.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2015, 07:55:47 PM »
What a night it was!

Qual 1. Did a decent lap on my 4th lap to go to the top of the list but i was 8thenths up on 2nd and thought I might have gone to hard and was going to get a huge weight penalty for the 2nd race so I decided not to go back out even though the track was improving. Stan ended up getting pole by 3tenths and I stared on the front row so my plan kinda worked out.

Race 1. Got a really good start and was side by side going into t1 with stan, i braked early and gave heaps of room but it was to no avail as I was tagged (all good stan after reading the posts you too were just a victim!) Even with the contact on the first corner and after stan readdressed I found myself in 2nd, trying to chase will was almost near impossible with damage both in the front and the back. Stan quickly caught me and passed easily down the straight. I was settling in for a solid 3rd until I saw will run wide on the last corner and allowed me through with 2 laps ago i pushed hard and to my surprise I was catching stan at a rapid rate! I was right on his rear wing coming into the last corner of the last lap but knew due to my wait I was never going to out drag him and settled for 2nd.

Qual 2. Extra 30kgs wasnt Ideal but I pushed on and got 8th, on my last flyer I was 3tenths up but made a small mistake and there goes a possible top 4...

Race 2. Got another decent start and was extremely careful going into turn1 like everyone around me did which was good to see! With the extra weight I couldnt be as consistant as I would have liked and soon simone was on me I made a slight mistake out of the final turn and he flew past me. The Next chaser was wally and he was catching quick but like simone he past me down the straight with ease! I thought I would try an undercut since wally was holding me up through the slower turns and would bolt down the straight. Plan almost worked two laps later wally came out of the pits as i was in full flights coming down the front straight but it wasnt to be he held his line and I settled in behind after that I tried to pressure him but with the turbulent air plus a heavy car it was hard to keep with him. I decided to save my tyres and wait until I had a lighter car. With two laps to go I pushed hard and caught back up but still couldnt get past him came home in 5th which wasnt to bad!

Its a close championship but with almost 150kg its going to be interesting to see how I can match it with stan and bach! See you next week!

Very good Jeremy!!

yes freezer you right i had one more contact after the mess at the first chicane but everything happened behind , i thought was wally.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal