Poll

Do you want to change the race format?

Yes
9 (69.2%)
No
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 16, 2016, 08:30:13 AM

Author Topic: Change format?  (Read 11100 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: Change format?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 06:21:46 PM »
We have many varied season formats thanks to Wally and your continuous improvement/experiments.
Seems from the reports it is giving good entertainment.
EDIT:
sorry got sick of typing on phone in train...
but the proverb jumps to mind from one of A. Lincoln's speeches: "Don't change horses mid stream".
(throwing out "lean practice" as it suits me), the variety makes the Tuesdays' seasons great,
my 2d worth.
That was my thought too, to be honest. Do I like this system? I don't know. I am not sure. But once we started, we might as well finish it. Worst case scenario, we'll have 5 or 6 nights less good than others but at least we'll learn this format with this type of cars does not work so well. But then again: if many many people prefer to change, then let's do it, of course.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 06:48:36 PM »
The reverse grid format worked really well in the GT86 season. Most people had a ball, and so it will be in this season.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 06:56:36 PM »
That was my thought too, to be honest. Do I like this system? I don't know. I am not sure. But once we started, we might as well finish it. Worst case scenario, we'll have 5 or 6 nights less good than others but at least we'll learn this format with this type of cars does not work so well. But then again: if many many people prefer to change, then let's do it, of course.

I think maybe in a future season possibly mix it up a bit more, I do like the reverse grid format but 3 of the same grids makes it a bit repetative. It does however give you 3 attempts at the race, I see how those going backwards through the pack dont exactly enjoy the format but they have a better chance of a good result this way still. It does teach people to learn to deal with traffic as it pretty much forces everyone into a battle with nowhere to hide or get much of a rest unless you end up at the back of the pack.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 10:52:55 AM »
The reverse grid format worked really well in the GT86 season. Most people had a ball, and so it will be in this season.

I just re read this and had a little chuckle that we will have a ball this season as dictator Wally says we will just like last season.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »
Just sowing positive seeds ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 04:03:37 PM »
I believe Wally was also at the Rio Olympics...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 04:28:39 PM »
I saw a video with the fake Wally at the Olympics, funny how most thought he was another Korean.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal