Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R1: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R1: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 16219 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S12R1: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 11:02:59 AM »
Grat is my Rival :),  Glad you put that in this season wally, adds a bit extra excitement
I always knew you were my rival:

Season 8: grat 5th, Phil.8 8th; points diff. 44
Season 9: grat 11th, Phil.8 10th; points diff. 38.5
Season 10: grat 10th, Phil.8 6th; points diff. 184
Season 11: grat 4th, Phil.8 5th; points diff. 5

If you set aside my horrible Season 10, our total points diff through 3 seasons is 10.5!

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 11:18:44 AM »
Would rivals not be those that finish within 1 position of eachother. Or is it just for those narrowly dominate  another more like a nemesis.  ;D

I thought a rivalry would be those that may finish ahead or behind but be the nearest competitors most often. Matthew and I were 1 place apart in both races and Jeremy and Matthew were also 1 place apart both races they did stay close on track both races unlike Matthew and me who had a fairly large gap both ways in each race even if there was only 1 position by the end of the races with 1 win each in the battle.

Yeah Matthew is certainly not my rival let alone peer - I would think Bacchulum would probably suit that title... we seem to be pretty close when is comes to racing in general.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 11:45:56 AM »
Simone it says you have the older version of PLP in results. Some guys noticed an issue where the lights didnt always work. Wally fixed this with the latest version so thats probably your problem.

ok but i am sure i have zipped the latest version in the AC folder,,, i will check again

....no i did not,i got it  again and zipped in the AC foder,it should be good to
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:04:16 PM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 12:16:42 PM »
Would rivals not be those that finish within 1 position of eachother. Or is it just for those narrowly dominate  another more like a nemesis.  ;D

I thought a rivalry would be those that may finish ahead or behind but be the nearest competitors most often. Matthew and I were 1 place apart in both races and Jeremy and Matthew were also 1 place apart both races they did stay close on track both races unlike Matthew and me who had a fairly large gap both ways in each race even if there was only 1 position by the end of the races with 1 win each in the battle.
I took the concept from the package Phil uses on Thursdays. You could also look at who you battle with the most on track, in terms of being close together. That might be a more interesting way to look at it (at least in terms of gaps crossing the start line each lap, anyway).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »

I took the concept from the package Phil uses on Thursdays. You could also look at who you battle with the most on track, in terms of being close together. That might be a more interesting way to look at it (at least in terms of gaps crossing the start line each lap, anyway).
That'd be cool!

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 02:38:15 PM »
Both races I was able to gain a couple positions off the line, even bogged it off the line in R2 and still managed to pass people who must of bogged it completely. Hard one to get right off the line, not that it's any easier driving these beasts around the track once you getting going either. Exciting stuff :D

Race 1; I planned to run half the race then pit and go out again on the 120L with softs. Worked out ok, pitted just infront of Bird and we came out almost side by side. I should of done a few practice runs with this PitConfig app, nothing too bad, maybe lost 1-2 seconds because I wasn't expecting it to just throw me back into the car to go like it does. Clearly my own lack of knowledge causing issues there.
I had a little off not long after the pit stop and that was when Bird got the position off me. The final lap I missed maybe the last 5-6 apex's. Poor cornering and my tyres were hating me, I had a 1 second gap to Stan behind me on that chicane before the final turn. Coming out of that last turn, it was clear that Stan was on a mission and was going to be very very close to taking the position off me. Almost Stan, 0.002 was the difference :O Nice racing Stan, better luck next time :P

Sorry Wally for the outburst coming up to the finish line, I knew we were going to be side by side on the line and just had to try and get a laugh out of Stan.

Race 2; I got caught up in that big crash at the start. I actually got stuck between two cars for a good 5 seconds or so until I could reverse out of it lol. I thought I could change my strategy and still make a decent time out of it. I decided to pit on lap 2 and put hards on, filled the tank and fix the body and suspension (The fix was very quick, didn't even notice it. Mustn't of been as bad as it felt) I was doing 1:52's on the hards, 1:51's if I did a good lap for me. Pretty much adding 1-2s to each lap by moving over to the hards. I did manage to past Wally when he pitted on the final laps, so I thought I must of gained some time somewhere. Looking at the graphs now, it would appear we were quite a bit slower on the long stints and it wasn't a good strategy. At the time though, I thought the damage from the early incident would of slowed me more over the entire race so I was always going to pit early and fix it up and see what I could gain from there.

Looking forward to the next round, hopefully see you all there.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 03:10:56 PM »
I believe the damage fix in pits is currently instantaneous - an AC bug that was introduced.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »
I believe the damage fix in pits is currently instantaneous - an AC bug that was introduced.

aww man... I don't know if that's a good thing to now know  ::)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2016, 04:31:35 PM »

Good idea, with damage you would lose enough time recovering from the accident which caused the damage, plus the disadvantage of not pitting at the ideal time, without losing additional time sitting stationary in the pit-lane.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2016, 04:43:39 PM »
Race 1 was a long battle with Bafs, I managed to pass before the stops but could never pull away.
I got the Hunted award, and it was Bafs hunting. 8)

Race 2 only lasted until Birds shunt.
I thought I had the room to get by but he slammed my rear end.
Detroyed rear wing, both suspensions, engine, gearbox.... well, the only thing NOT red was front left susp. (it was merely orange).
Sorry to whoever hit me afterwards, but I was powerless at that point and couldn't move. :(

Doesn't matter how quick repairs are when you can't get back to the pits. :-[

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »

That'd be cool!

Alright, here's a question for you all.

Let's say you were really close behind Bob for 3 laps, say with less than a 1 second gap, but you were a bit further behind John for the next 8 laps, say with a 10 second gap. Who's your rival, Bob or John? Is it the guy that you were closest to on average, or the guy that you were behind more often?

As an example, here's how it pans out using the "Bob" approach - i.e. the guy you were closest to, on average (for more than 1 lap).

These are the first racer's rivals in race 1 and race 2 that you were closest to on average (you can expand the racer's lap history here and check the "Gap to Next" column):

Racer, Rival in Race 1, Rival in Race 2
Matthew111,Phil.8,Jeremy
Rolz,Bird,Phil.8
Bafs17,Bacchulum,Rob
hylas,Bafs17,AJ
Freezer,Doobs,Marty
Wally,StanDaam,Simone
Simone,Freezer,Wally
AJ,Doobs,Doobs
Rob,Doobs,Wally
Chap111,Freezer,hylas
Doobs,Vipergod,Vipergod
Mael,Doobs,Simone
Vipergod,Simone,Phil.8
Grat,Vipergod,Freezer
Phil.8,Matthew111,Freezer

I tend to think it should be the guy that crossed the line in front of you most often in a race (i.e. "John"), no matter how far ahead they were. That's the guy you're chasing, after all.

This is how race 1 and race 2 rivals come out if you just count the guy you were behind the most:

Racer, Rival in Race 1, Rival in Race 2
Matthew111,Marty,Jeremy
Rolz,Jeremy,Matthew111
Bafs17,Bacchulum,Rob
hylas,Bafs17,AJ
Freezer,Chap111,Rolz
Wally,Freezer,Bafs17
Simone,Freezer,Vipergod
AJ,Rob,Rob
Rob,AJ,Phil.8
Chap111,Wally,hylas
Doobs,Rob,Mael
Mael,Doobs,Simone
Vipergod,Simone,hylas
Grat,AJ,Marty
Phil.8,Matthew111,Rolz
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:22:22 PM by Wally »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2016, 08:15:17 PM »

Matthew111,Phil.8,Jeremy
Rolz,Bird,Phil.8
Bafs17,Bacchulum,Rob
hylas,Bafs17,AJ
Freezer,Doobs,Marty
Wally,StanDaam,Simone
Simone,Freezer,Wally
AJ,Doobs,Doobs
Rob,Doobs,Wally
Chap111,Freezer,hylas
Doobs,Vipergod,Vipergod
Mael,Doobs,Simone
Vipergod,Simone,Phil.8
Grat,Vipergod,Freezer

Im confused and maybe something wrong with the code here, Doobs pops up everywhere even rivals himself once lol. He is also the only one I am linked to but I never saw him on track or even on the timing screen within my viewable list.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 08:20:07 PM »

Matthew111,Phil.8,Jeremy
Rolz,Bird,Phil.8
Bafs17,Bacchulum,Rob
hylas,Bafs17,AJ
Freezer,Doobs,Marty
Wally,StanDaam,Simone
Simone,Freezer,Wally
AJ,Doobs,Doobs
Rob,Doobs,Wally
Chap111,Freezer,hylas
Doobs,Vipergod,Vipergod
Mael,Doobs,Simone
Vipergod,Simone,Phil.8
Grat,Vipergod,Freezer

Im confused and maybe something wrong with the code here, Doobs pops up everywhere even rivals himself once lol. He is also the only one I am linked to but I never saw him on track or even on the timing screen within my viewable list.

No, "AJ,Doobs,Doobs" this means that AJ's rival in race 1 was Doobs, and AJ's rival in race 2 was also Doobs.
It's "Racer, Rival in race 1, Rival in race 2".

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 08:46:06 PM »
Fun night for me too.

Race 1 I think I ran wide in turn 1 early giving my place to Bacchulum and then tried my best to keep up with him for the remainder. Never really able to make a move to pass but really chuffed I was able to stick with him. Passed Stan in the pits and just waited for him to come back at me but it didn't happen for some reason. However, I also got lucky early with a couple of accidents damaging a couple of the fast guys and pushing them back.

Race 2 got lucky again after I bogged down at the start but made up some places after a bingle ahead gave me some extra spots. After a while seemed to settle down into 8th place but switched off twice at the same corner in the last two laps handing it over too Rob and ended with 9th.

Easily my best result of racing with two top ten finishes and an overall 5th. Will gloat for a bit until the faster guys eventually push me down the order next week.

I think I like your second idea personally Wally as the guy that finishes ahead of me regularly would definitely be the one I'll be trying to beat. Or maybe the guy ahead of me in the standings?

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 08:51:11 PM »
My results dont show it but had a good time in these cars

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal