Xtreme Gaming Network

"Occasional Sunday Racing"?

Poll

Please show your interest in "Occasional Sunday Racing"

YEAH!
9 (60%)
I'll have a genuine discussion with myself and family.
3 (20%)
No, I do enough now, but thanks.
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 15, 2016, 09:07:21 AM

Author Topic: "Occasional Sunday Racing"?  (Read 37230 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: "Occasional Sunday Racing"?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »
We need safety car for Bathurst! They had about 12 safety car periods on Sunday!!

Rolz

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 02:14:37 PM »
Marty - what map should I download to join on Bathurst... I saw u and a few ppl on your other server, but didn't know what map to pull down.
Sorry if you've already shared this info somewhere.  :-[

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 02:19:08 PM »
map?  MAP????  MAAAAPP?!?!?!?!?

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 02:28:30 PM »
Marty - what map should I download to join on Bathurst... I saw u and a few ppl on your other server, but didn't know what map to pull down.
Sorry if you've already shared this info somewhere.  :-[

This one here Rolz

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bathurst.8677/

Rolz

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2016, 03:07:17 PM »
Thanks AJ and sorry for the incorrect term Bird :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 04:22:44 PM »
We need safety car for Bathurst! They had about 12 safety car periods on Sunday!!

You dont really need a safety car just better yellow flag implementation and people actually slowing when they see yellows, there could be a basic safety car implementation too using plugins such as PLP. Admin could have a safety car switch when activated would show safety car and flashing yellow in all peoples app. Then people would not be allowed to pass any cars and the lead car would act as the safety car until the admin then switched the flag to green and racing would resume.

The only real use of the safety car would be to help bunch people back up after an incident all had to slow down for and so lose a lot of track time to those ahead of the incident. It actually only takes a few seconds to clear an accident in game so its not like you'd need a 3 lap safety car to wait for a truck to clear the wreckage.

Main issue that causes single car incidents to become big all in wrecks is most people tend not to slow for cars that have an off ahead of them, everyone comes in at full speed and thats the major issue really. So proper yellow flag implementation with penalties for passing under a yellow are kind of needed but mostly people just need to learn to slow under yellow.

Bathurst of all tracks in a large field would be pretty sketchy as someone spinning up the top will often block the track and cause more carnage.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 04:56:44 PM »

You dont really need a safety car just better yellow flag implementation and people actually slowing when they see yellows, there could be a basic safety car implementation too using plugins such as PLP. Admin could have a safety car switch when activated would show safety car and flashing yellow in all peoples app. Then people would not be allowed to pass any cars and the lead car would act as the safety car until the admin then switched the flag to green and racing would resume.

The only real use of the safety car would be to help bunch people back up after an incident all had to slow down for and so lose a lot of track time to those ahead of the incident. It actually only takes a few seconds to clear an accident in game so its not like you'd need a 3 lap safety car to wait for a truck to clear the wreckage.

Main issue that causes single car incidents to become big all in wrecks is most people tend not to slow for cars that have an off ahead of them, everyone comes in at full speed and thats the major issue really. So proper yellow flag implementation with penalties for passing under a yellow are kind of needed but mostly people just need to learn to slow under yellow.

Bathurst of all tracks in a large field would be pretty sketchy as someone spinning up the top will often block the track and cause more carnage.
It was 'tongue-in-cheek' Marty. Need emoji for that!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 05:07:03 PM »

Could always load a Truck as one of the cars and have it do a couple of laps at random times to simulate safety-car periods  ;D

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2016, 05:52:58 PM »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »
Safety bus  ;D

Lol we have an Enduro here I think, though it wouldnt need to be many laps maybe 2 laps would be 1 hour but all depends on how many passengers you pick up.

Rolz

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 07:56:51 PM »
lol that so looks like a Top Gear challenge if the lads ever had the permission and $$$ to do it  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »
Raced a few laps at Bathurst last nite with a few guys, would be fun in an enduro here.  ;D

The track looks good.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2016, 08:00:33 AM »
This Sunday,
 May 8th,
BATHURST, http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bathurst.8677/

Practice:  7.00 pm
Qualifying Starts:  7.45 pm
Race Start: 8.00 pm

Race: 1 hour.

Car Choices:
Mercedes 190 EVO 2
BMW M3 E30 DTM
Ford Sierra DTM   http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1987-ford-sierra-cosworth-rs500.4840/

Damage off
"Wally Lights" start
Will invite Arse.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:15:13 AM by Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 08:13:37 AM »
Works out around 23-24 laps in the Sierra with stops. Awesome. Hanging out for a longer Bathurst race. Wish the Sierra wasn't so thirsty though. ;D ;D

Rolz

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 08:35:22 AM »
Thanks for sharing the Sierra download location!
now I can join (hopefully)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal