Xtreme Gaming Network

Bicycle Race anyone?

Author Topic: Bicycle Race anyone?  (Read 9622 times)

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
Bicycle Race anyone?
« on: November 12, 2014, 04:24:00 AM »
Would be interesting to see it modeled into AC, I've seen worst things done :P
[youtube]WREyAicJXkM[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycle Race anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 07:31:46 AM »
Power to weight ratio!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 08:15:21 AM »
They must make different bicycles in QLD or maybe the rider just had a strong curry earlier.  ;D

A bicycle, often called a bike or cycle, is a human-powered, pedal-driven, single-track vehicle, having two wheels attached to a frame, one behind the other. A bicycle rider is called a cyclist, or bicyclist.

Still pretty nuts but I think turning will be an issue as will braking or maintaining that pace over a full lap.

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 10:32:01 PM »
Lol Marty... You are correct technically..  But either way balls of steel required ... I imagine it would turn much like the Robin
Just realised I posted this in the wrong section...  Feel free to move...  Getting a thrustmaster-t500rs in a week or so...  Got it for a price I couldn't refuse..  Now just gotta find the time
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:36:27 PM by Mopz »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 10:46:28 PM »
My bad. I created a mod car sub-forum and moved this in here.
I'll post my Thrustmaster setup some time.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 06:35:31 AM »
Would definetly been keen to see how your running it Wally, was hoping for it today but nope its not going to happen.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 08:04:23 AM »
A bit OT, but anyway... file this away for future reference.

In the wheel control panel, I leave the main gain at 60%, because that gives the most linear FFB response. The other 4 settings I leave at 100%, controlling everything through the game, EXCEPT for the Constant setting. That controls the overall strength of the FFB. I have mine set to 45.

In game, I have the steering gain in the controller setup set to 100. I also have steering damping set to 10. This somehow makes it much easier for me to catch rear end slides in recent AC releases, and gives some feeling of extra "weight" to the wheel. I alter the FFB of each car in the car setup options, by reducing the car FFB, using the FFB Clipping Tool app from the AC forums. You just drive laps, and the app tells you what car FFB strength to use to avoid clipping. This is where you might want to go back and find a good setting in the wheel control panel for the Constant setting, set just once, that makes the overall FFB strength good.

In the game controller setup, I have Kerb Effects set to 90, Road Effects 55 and Slip Effects 20. Adjust to taste.

The most important thing is the FFB gain settings, and to use the Clipping Tool to avoid clipping. This can vary for every car/track combo.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal