Xtreme Gaming Network

S26R2: Zandvoort

Author Topic: S26R2: Zandvoort  (Read 13745 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S26R2: Zandvoort
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 11:47:27 PM »
Otherwise there was some good close racing. Race 2 went just bad for me...expensive night.
Mael, I do take donations.

lol Yeah. I do like a bit of contact in tin-top cars. Usual I judge that if the other driver stays on the black stuff then it was a fair pass. But in the case of race 2 though I should probably give the position back before Wally gives me a huge fine. But somehow the yield to give the position back turned into a disaster! Next time I'll yell out before slowing down  :-[

I not looking forward to seeing the damage bill, suspect there is no 911 R keys waiting for me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:40 AM »
After a great launch off the line (and a little "hurry up" touchup from Killa in the 1st hairpin) race 1 was boring - just circulating by myself in 2nd with Mael way out in front.

Race 2 was much better. I got another great jump in the Carrera in front of Mael and managed to hold onto the lead until the end of the race for a rare win, with Phil and AB closing in their GT4s after Killa and Mael tangled.

Race 3 I again had the early lead, but this time Phil was in much closer pressuring range, about 1/3 second behind me all the way. He would close in on me under brakes, but then the Carrera could accelerate away out of the corners. I knew that any slip up from me would see Phil get past, and that's what happened on lap 7, when he managed to get alongside me in that middle S section, and make the pass. I had to slot in quickly behind him to plug up the hole he had punched before AB could also sneak through. From there, I was sandwiched between Phil and AB's GT4s to the end, but now uncorked, Phil could extend his lead while I managed to keep AB held up, to finish 0.3 seconds in front of him.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 08:44:27 AM »
Hm...I had a really boring couple of races. 
Since the cars are essentially the same, just a bit faster all-round as you step up (at the bottom at least) they are clearly separate classes - the different cars cut the field up into different races, like a LeMans. 

I know it was my choice to try the cayman - and I don't like it, the coxster was much friendlier - but the races were lonely.
No-one will choose a lower level car for strategy there's not much to strategise it seems, since you aren't really "saving" money.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 10:22:55 AM »

No-one will choose a lower level car for strategy there's not much to strategise it seems, since you aren't really "saving" money.
I know what you mean. I'll see how this pans out, and it still may be better to win an amount of money after every round that let's you afford up to a certain point in the car list.

Although you still can choose to save for a more expensive car in upcoming rounds, at the expense of sacrificing some points earlier on. I think the current approach really works best if people buy the most expensive car they can afford, in terms of levelling the field, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:53:37 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »

I know what you mean. I'll see how this pans out, and it still may be better to win an amount of money after every round that let's you afford up to a certain point in the car list.

Although you still can choose to save for a more expensive car in upcoming rounds, at the expense of sacrificing some points earlier on. I think the current approach really works best if people buy the most expensive car they can afford, in terms of levelling the field, anyway.

That might not be a bad idea...auto-assign cars based on results.  That'd simplify it for us stupid users :D

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 05:14:02 PM »
That was a lot of fun last night. Originally I was not too impressed with the 911 as it had far too much understeer and not enough power for my liking, but as the night progressed I managed to get my head around how to get the best out of myself in this car. Whilst I had nothing like the pace of Wally and some of the other 911 drivers, I found the understeer rather predictable. Having no use of the clutch made the starts interesting but in the end I just dumped it into gear with a heap of revs when the lights went out and the car seemed to hook up well. Sadly in all races I was able to get strong starts and profit from others mistakes but as the faster guys recovered I was unable to keep pace with them once them found a way around me...

I really like this racing for cash idea, but it’s a shame there isn’t some motivation to keep people racing the whole night as it felt like after each race last night we lost a couple more people.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 09:53:23 PM »
I had a great battle with my shadow last night.  I would pull away at times but it would then catch me . . :) :)
Disappointed not to get the loneliest award as I was about 15 seconds behind everyone and daylight behind me!!

Seriously, I jumped in late having missed last week and missed the cut off so I had the Boxster . . . . . and it was the ONLY boxster on track.  Therefore each lap
just saw the field slowly pulling away so there wasn't much point doing the last race as I was completely on my own for each race.
However, the cash registers have rung and I will be in something fast next week :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal