Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 15 Skins

Author Topic: Season 15 Skins  (Read 28426 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:23:04 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 15 Skins
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:47:16 AM »
Skins don't go on the server in AC. They are only on your PC. All I do on the server is name what skin you want to use in the entry list. You can choose to run the 4k skin, the 8k skin, or no skin at all, locally.

In general, we stick to whatever driver aids are available on the real car - i.e. factory settings.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 06:02:19 PM »
Would be good if we could find a f1 season skin pack :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 06:59:28 PM »
Would be good if we could find a f1 season skin pack :)
You'd think that would have to exist somewhere.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 09:57:24 PM »
Looks like you can get them for the SF15-T but not the F138

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 08:14:32 AM »
I have already supplied a link for the F138, see Wallys post in this thread 😉.

That's just a hi res ferrari skin

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 07:12:56 AM »
I have already supplied a link for the F138, see Wallys post in this thread 😉.

That's just a hi res ferrari skin
It's the hi res F138 skin!! You said in your post that you can get skins for the SF-15T but not the F138, whether it's just a hi res skin or not it's still a skin for the F138!

My comment was in reference to being able to get a full f1 series pack

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 11:29:43 PM »
I havent seen a full f138 f1 season skin pack, I would probably make one if I was to actually run in the season but as I wont make most of it its not really a workload Im likely to take on.

I did find this multi colour skin pack which will at least add some variety to the field along with the historic ferrari skins also posted earlier.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-f138-simple-color-pack.11142/

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 12:11:55 AM »
I havent seen a full f138 f1 season skin pack, I would probably make one if I was to actually run in the season but as I wont make most of it its not really a workload Im likely to take on.

I did find this multi colour skin pack which will at least add some variety to the field along with the historic ferrari skins also posted earlier.

this the same one? or different?: http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8033
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 08:47:42 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the FIA have come down hard on any "unauthorised" formula 1 skins.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 09:21:53 AM »

this the same one? or different?: http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8033

That one seems to be a merging of the 2 skins, it has the original Patcha pack linked earlier and then has extra colours like the other link. Most likey just using the idea of extra colours but surprisingly the patcha pack at rd isnt the same as the one at drivingitalia.

For the practice server it will be good to load one ofnthe multi colour packs as seeing a full field of red ferrari f1 cars seems a bit odd.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FIA have come down hard on any "unauthorised" formula 1 skins.

This would be a likely thing, I wonder if f1 under new ownership will change at all. As Bernie is still there its likely they wont be too happy still and codies needs to keep its exclusive and expensive license relevant.

The skins above are all just fictional coloured skins not any actual f1 season which would be much nicer.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 05:50:25 PM »
I have installed the skins and selected the black and gold car, it shows up on offline practice but when i join the server iam in the standard red ferrari?? Is this supposed to happen or iam i doing something wrong?

The server will assign you a skin based on the slot you are given unless a skin is specified for your GUID which it won't be on the practice server. I've only seen the default skin on the server so the skin pack may not even be installed.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »
The only way to get that skin on the server (atm) is to be second to join.
Once the season proper starts, Wally assigns spots with your GUID and skins will be attached.
Until then it's pot luck. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 06:03:37 PM »
As joe said the skins for the practice server this week will just be depending on the car slot you have. If you install the skin pack Wally posted it will show the skins in the prac server if you dont have the skin pack it will just show default skins.

Once the season starts up everyone will be assigned their skin for both the practice server and all race nights. What skin you select in SP has no effect on the skin you see in mp. Its either luck of the draw by the car you pick or its assigned by GUID.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 06:49:37 PM »
What Marty and Bacchulum said. Once I have a grid fixed by GUID, I will assign whatever skins people want.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal