Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 2 Carroll Shelby Cobra Cup Track Suggestions:

Author Topic: Season 2 Carroll Shelby Cobra Cup Track Suggestions:  (Read 28025 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2 Carroll Shelby Cobra Cup Track Suggestions:
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 06:33:17 PM »
yum, isle of man...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 07:59:12 PM »
Louise Lake....
 8)

Lake Louise, Nordschleife and a run up the transfagarasan wouod make for an interesting season. Just need the Isle of man circuit and Targa Floria to come for a proper season in the robbins.  ;D
The one lap enduro season? ??? :P

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 08:20:24 PM »
Louise Lake....
 8)

Lake Louise, Nordschleife and a run up the transfagarasan wouod make for an interesting season. Just need the Isle of man circuit and Targa Floria to come for a proper season in the robbins.  ;D
The one lap enduro season? ??? :P
sounds good :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 10:58:08 PM »
We had a few of us during the day run a bunch of tracks on my server today. Of the ones we ran id say Brands Hatch could easily be used for a league race.

Also one to keep any eye out for but not working in MP yet is the istanbul scratch made pre alfa. That track surface and textures just about put official tracks to shame. Amazing work by the guy and once this gets updated a bit will be one of the best tracks in AC I think and could become a regular league track.

We also tried Monaco (converted) ok but seems a little off, still ok to race seems a heavilly edited gp4 or ISI f1 track. Done well for the base but a scratch made track is in the works and I think looks much more promising but also needs lots of works still.

Tried a Barcelona track ok a little bumpy in corners though quite subtle but runs quite well and looks fairly good.

Tried Laguna Seca 2.2 just ok I think not great.

Also tried an Albert park conversion, was ok kerbs seem a bit off but not bad obvious codies conversion.

Still the only of those id say should definatly be considered for league use is brands hatch. The others id rather run any official track before using them.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 08:51:25 AM »
Would have joined in Marty. started to download B Hatch. Said time remaining 3.5 hours...
Always seem to be long downloads when I want tracks. Doesn't seem to matter where the file is hosted.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2014, 11:55:40 AM »
Would have joined in Marty. started to download B Hatch. Said time remaining 3.5 hours...
Always seem to be long downloads when I want tracks. Doesn't seem to matter where the file is hosted.

Unless your internet connection is crappola, it does matter where it's hosted.  Many file-downloading places throttle the d/l speed.

You can sometimes circumvent it by using a download manager eg DownThemAll for firefox. (you need one that can download on multiple threads, and it doesn't always work; some places prohibit multi-threaded downloads, or have other measures in place that makes it impossible to use.)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2014, 12:07:21 PM »

On the day we were just sharing links on TS and it was only taking everyone a minute or so to get a track. Its a bit strange as many links were from racedepartment which sometimes has been slow for me but they were all pretty quick the other day for everyone.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2014, 12:18:59 PM »
it's prob my shitty iinet package or something. It tends to take a long time to DL anything really.
Took an hour to DL the latest shitty Nvidia driver Which made me drop frames even when my computer is switched off. Rolled that sucker back quick smart.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »
http://speedof.me/ 
to identify if there's an actual bandwidth problem

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »
it's prob my shitty iinet package or something. It tends to take a long time to DL anything really.
Took an hour to DL the latest shitty Nvidia driver Which made me drop frames even when my computer is switched off. Rolled that sucker back quick smart.

Are you getting the full 56kbs you paid for Dick? Here is my shitty Dodo connection which isnt too bad when it works lol.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:10:26 PM by marty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal