Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R1 - Bridgehampton Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R1 - Bridgehampton Race Chat  (Read 20551 times)

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: S241R1 - Bridgehampton Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 07:36:54 PM »
It was some fun racing. I find this track really difficult.
Screwed up quali, then Bacchulum tricked me into a jump start...of course I stopped in the pits...even mucking around trying to adjust my position after there wasn't anything coming up indicating what to do...well, finally drove off thinking, wtf are you doing? Idiot ;-)
Then there was some bad driving till I finally got in a sort of rhythm.
R2, the obligatory 4 positions back, but with some luck that race went a lot better...was a challenging car/track combination for me.
Cheers

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 08:24:47 PM »
Good price for 27inch ips, did you set the over drive setting to lower the pixel response time, only asking because my brother was looking at a viewsonic and 5ms response time was not default. Also not suggesting you need it but this video looked good for triple set ups. Would like to do triples one day...very cool

I haven't looked at the overdrive setting but I'll see if I can find it.
I'm not sure how much difference it would make but probably recommended for gaming and you can test the differences at blur busters https://www.testufo.com/

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
After struggling to finish a lap in practice, i actually had very few spins in the races thanks mainly to Mael's last minute suspension tip.
Race 1 saw me get up to p5 when a throttle problem kicked in for a few laps and cost me a few spots.
Something i have never seen before, was bacchulum making an error and me getting past!!!
Race 2 saw me chasing Joe to the end for a rare 2nd and good start to the season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2018, 08:38:05 PM »
After struggling to finish a lap in practice, i actually had very few spins in the races thanks mainly to Mael's last minute suspension tip.
Race 1 saw me get up to p5 when a throttle problem kicked in for a few laps and cost me a few spots.
Something i have never seen before, was bacchulum making an error and me getting past!!!
Race 2 saw me chasing Joe to the end for a rare 2nd and good start to the season.
So Mael's tip wasn't a double bluff????
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2018, 09:01:12 PM »
It was some fun racing. I find this track really difficult.
Screwed up quali, then Bacchulum tricked me into a jump start...of course I stopped in the pits...even mucking around trying to adjust my position after there wasn't anything coming up indicating what to do...well, finally drove off thinking, wtf are you doing? Idiot ;-)
Then there was some bad driving till I finally got in a sort of rhythm.
R2, the obligatory 4 positions back, but with some luck that race went a lot better...was a challenging car/track combination for me.
Cheers

Ye quite challenging place for sure!!!!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2018, 10:04:24 PM »

LoL, at least now I know ptracker messaging system does not work. Should have broadcasted my race 2 setup change as I made the 911 undrivable  ;D

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 10:21:00 PM »
Not a bad night racing over all. If any one has the first couple of laps on video I would like to see what I did.
Hi Able,
Not much you did wrong, but here are the replays  :)
You just need 7zip to unzip them ...

Race 1 replay: http://www.mediafire.com/file/302aaps34ju3yrx/AC_110918-212038_R_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_bridgehampton_.7z/file
Race 2 replay: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ggdtuddggp3kald/AC_110918-215849_R_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_bridgehampton_.7z/file

Q: Never got it quite right but managed 6th so not bad.

R1: Got a bit of a run down the inside of Mael to T4 but couldn't make it stick and came out slow, then watched 3 cars drive by. Settled in behind Wally.
About lap 3 Wally went off at T1. I kept on track, then saw Wally coming back on so I took to the sand on the inside of T2. I couldn't keep it tight enough to avoid a touch, which wasn't too bad, but then I couldn't pull it up for the next turn ... another 3 cars drive by  ::)
About lap 5 I came around the fast left hander before the hairpin and Jeremy was off track. He came back on and sat in the middle of the track so I tried to place myself around the outside of the hairpin. We touched, I went off, Jeremy spun, Jeremy disconnected ....
With a few laps to go, Wally and I were dragging down the straight, Wally slightly ahead, I thought I kept it tight on the inside but we touched and Wally had an off. Sorry Wally.
With 2 laps to go, realised I only had about 1.5 laps worth of fuel so had to back off massively and let Freezer and Wally past.
After all that was pretty happy with P9  ;D

R2: Started P12. At T4 AbleArcher and Simone had a bump which allowed me the chance to push up the outside of AbleArcher to T4 - my idea to make AA take a narrow line into T4 and I could do cross back to the inside, but AA kept moving across on me and pushed me off track. Not too bad, but as I was rejoining, Seanus tagged me (not his fault) sending me further off and I rejoined a distant last.
Gained some places with others misfortune as they went off  ;D Had some great racing with Rob until he made a mistake.
Eventually caught AbleArcher and had some great racing trying to pin a move on him, then he made a mistake and I was through  ;D Then I made a mistake and he was through  :(
Then AA had an off at the fast left hander before the hairpin so I tried to place myself on the outside of the hairpin. We never touched, but it was a bad place to be because I went off and watched 3 cars drive by  >:(

All in all, I had a great night  ;D ;D

Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2018, 09:16:37 PM »
You'll never know . :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal