Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R3: Spa

Author Topic: S17R3: Spa  (Read 14785 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S17R3: Spa
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:05:21 PM »
R3: Jun 13, Spa, 16 laps + 10 laps

Off to Belgium.

Weather Forecast (long range outlook is cold, 10 degrees and quite a strong SW wind). This means a pretty strong tailwind at the very fast turn 18, so you might lose a bit of downforce there. Conversely, quite strong downforce coming out of Pouhon at turn 12.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Re: S17R3: Spa
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »
Very unfortunately I will miss this race, but will be back for the next one.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 11:22:19 PM »
Very unfortunately I will miss this race, but will be back for the next one.
OK. No worries Russ.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:30:23 PM »
I've updated the weather according to the latest forecast for Tuesday.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 07:34:28 PM »
We might need to figure out how to get MR ratings on the practice server. I've been taken out by so many idiots driving backwards!

(My theory is there are players being paid by other game developers to make Ac multiplayer look bad, what other reason can there be for so many idiots?)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 07:48:18 PM »
We might need to figure out how to get MR ratings on the practice server. I've been taken out by so many idiots driving backwards!

(My theory is there are players being paid by other game developers to make Ac multiplayer look bad, what other reason can there be for so many idiots?)

Yeah was hoping not, and it's good to have more people on the server, quite a few have been from Aus, but there were also people incapable of driving. I did a 10 lap race yesterday and was taken out on lap 9 by somebody who'd just joined the server and was trying to block me then took me out.

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 09:23:08 PM »
I was just hoping that Wally forgot about my 25% restrictor penalty..... But no...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  - I'll learn my lesson eventually :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 09:51:06 PM »
Phil said MR hadn't been enabled for the practice server, but he was going to run it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 09:51:48 PM »
I was just hoping that Wally forgot about my 25% restrictor penalty..... But no...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  - I'll learn my lesson eventually :)
Excel never forgets ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 11:25:36 PM »
Phil said MR hadn't been enabled for the practice server, but he was going to run it.

I turned it one for Tuesday server, I presume it goes :0
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 11:26:54 PM »
So bloody slow here,  my setup sux balls,  been doing laps with Andy450 and with same areo  i am like 5-10 kph slower than him on straights, not my throttle, i checked :0 just cant figure out the setup on this at all and how folks are cornering so fast in it, mine just spins if I try and push
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:30:18 PM by Phil.8 »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »
So bloody slow here,  my setup sux balls,  been doing laps with Andy450 and with same areo  i am like 5-10 kph slower than him on straights, not my throttle, i checked :0 just cant figure out the setup on this at all and how folks are cornering so fast in it, mine just spins if I try and push
With the same aero, it can only come down to corner exit speed. Maybe gearing too?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 09:47:18 AM »
I ran some testing on 2 setups with the same aero but differing suspension setups.
One gained time through Eau rouge (even though both were flat) producing a 5kph gain by the end of Kemmel.
The same set was quicker through Pouhon and Paul Frere as well but slower in the twistier sections.

So it's not just aero that effects top speed. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 10:03:47 AM »
yeah its a hard car to setup and I cant figure it

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Here's my time compared to fastest time setter Andyo450. He's killing me through Pouhon. I wonder if he has more aero than me? Probably, as I have more speed up Kemmel Straight.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal