Xtreme Gaming Network

Teamspeak Headsets

Author Topic: Teamspeak Headsets  (Read 4332 times)

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Teamspeak Headsets
« on: February 28, 2017, 05:57:59 PM »
Hi all, I'm just wondering if members could recommend a good USB headset/mic which is compatible with Teamspeak? So far I've found out the expensive way that Corsair products are incomparable with Teamspeak and I'd love to know what people use as it would be nice to be able to use the chat service without destroying other people's ears.
Cheers in advance,
Bradc.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Teamspeak Headsets
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »
I use the mic on Logitech G930 headphones. But prior to that, I just had a Zalman mic sort of like this: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/2885/zalman-microphone-zm-mic-1
and that was fine.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »
What was wrong with the corsair setup? was it just a basic headphone and speaker combo as it really shouldnt have any issues with teamspeak it wouldnt have with any other use of the microphone but sounds like you had some sort of issues with it. Im using a Razer Kraken headset without issues but have used an older logitech headset in the past also without issues, in general with AC and teamspeak trying to set an audio balance for ingame and the headset has always been a challenge no matter what headset or mic I have used but there have been ways to set it up to hear clearly and not cause issues for others. There may be some settings in your audio driver or microphone that could be causing your problems but its likely you have tried all you could but I wonder if anyone else is using a corsair headset without issues.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 04:52:13 PM »
thanks for the reply's,

Marty, the problem is that for some reason the mic's levels change without warning, usually meaning that my voice becomes screaming level and there is so much feedback/squelch that it destroy's people's ears - think the feedback noise but with the volume on 11/10ths!

Sadly this occurs regardless of setting in TS3 and the only consistent thing I can work out is the more you use TS the quicker it happens, even when no adjustments are being made. Unfortunately, in other applications the headset/mic work extremely well and are extremely impressive! There is defiantly some sort of argument going on between TS3 and the Corsair drivers. So far, I've found on Google about this but no resolutions and sadly Corsair have ignored questions about it from early January from other users. I have contacted them, but no losing sleep about a response as they've already taken my $$$ and technically the product works, it's just TS3 which has issues.

cheers,
Bradc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal