Xtreme Gaming Network

S36R5 - Norisring

Author Topic: S36R5 - Norisring  (Read 8918 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S36R5 - Norisring
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2021, 10:28:10 PM »
Results are up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2021, 10:39:42 PM »
Maybe I did a Joe but something didn't feel right tonight. Did a few laps on the practice server and went to check the times, top of the board, also realised I only had the medium tyres on and then thought she'll be right on race night once I put the softs on (the Joe part). However race night comes, put the softs on and just couldn't get anywhere near the practice time, qually was the same. Race time, I thought, should be right I'll get the jump but no, the car didn't feel right. I couldn't get the hairpins right which is shite because that's practically the whole track and I just over drove the car all night. Good fun though thanks guys.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 10:54:37 PM »
Looking up the stats I did match my medium tyre practice time but didn't beat it with soft and couldn't match killa and dietmar, nice work guys.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 11:10:44 PM »
Wow, two poles and two wins...that's my lucky day...that's the first time...whoohoo  ;D
Very close and tidy racing with Dietmar...plenty of pressure...thank you.
Almost lost it in the S...the rear end came around more and more...slowed me down a lot and Dietmar slipped through, but then he made a little mistake himself, which got me the chance to pass him. Seems like our lap times were within a couple of tenths the whole race.
Yeah, Dietmar's bad start in R2 got me the chance to build up a bit of a gap. My lap times weren't as good as in R1 and Dietmar slowly closed the gap...probably would have caught up if the race was longer...luck for me. Very close in the standings, which is great.
Cheers

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2021, 11:17:17 PM »
Qualified in 5th which was a season best for me.  Dropped one spot off the start (the Alfa effect) and spent the next 30 laps racing on my own, but was at least very consistent in my laps.
Race two I had a good getaway but at the end of lap two went in a bit hard under brakes.  Fearing I was going to clean up a few I shot through a gap and ran wide dropping back to 11th.
From there however I had a great and very clean battle with AbleArcher.  We traded the spots three times and the battle went on for about 15 laps.  I eventually slipped away and had a quiet run to the end.
Car started to feel better tonight and having been off the pace so far, so hopefully a turn around in form coming!

Offline Alphonso_Timmins

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2021, 12:12:53 PM »
Qualifying: similar to Bueller, I could not get a hang of the hairpins. I would find a huge green area in my deltas when I varied my line choice, but doing this consistently and putting it together in a lap was hard going.
R1: had a good start and managed to hold position. Killa and I swapped positions as he made an error, but unfortunately I also made an error which he swiftly capitalised on. 30 qualifying laps later, we were separated by less than a second and I had to turn the AC up a notch afterwards. Great racing!
R2: terrible start with the long 1st gear with a bog, so I shoot back to 5th behind AB, Bueller and Mael, with a bit of a squeeze around the hairpin but luckily made it through without issue. After a few laps I was able to make it past Bueller and Mael, and Bueller kept me honest for a while. I then tried to hunt Killa down and managed to hit a couple of 55s, but it was too little too late and I had to settle for 2nd.

Congrats buddy, you were untouchable! Well deserved victories and nice race for the championship.

I'm just happy the gearbox made it through

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2021, 01:20:09 PM »
Maybe I did a Joe but something didn't feel right tonight.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean  :o Are you talking about my lack of practice or setup?  ;D

Sorry for turning you around. You and Mael kept taking a very wide line out of that final hairpin, but in the BMW I was able to get more exit speed braking harder and later and taking a much tighter line. Looking at the replay Mael got a wobble on, you didn't go out as wide as I thought you would based on the previous laps and I was already on full power. Was pretty much a side by side impact shame it spun you.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2021, 01:29:26 PM »
Maybe I did a Joe but something didn't feel right tonight.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean  :o Are you talking about my lack of practice or setup?  ;D

Sorry for turning you around. You and Mael kept taking a very wide line out of that final hairpin, but in the BMW I was able to get more exit speed braking harder and later and taking a much tighter line. Looking at the replay Mael got a wobble on, you didn't go out as wide as I thought you would based on the previous laps and I was already on full power. Was pretty much a side by side impact shame it spun you.
It's all good. what I mean is, what Mael says about being over confident, hinting towards you. A few practice laps, she'll be right kind of attitude lol...
I put most of my practice time into the Suzuka race at Rooz and not much for here...this track is basic, how hard could it be...

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2021, 01:37:52 PM »

I'm just happy the gearbox made it through

Crunched my gearbox quite a few times, miss shifted 2nd to 5th too...big derp. I had a bad run, miss shift with the throttle on full while the gears are grinding for what feels like a good second just waiting for it to go pop.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2021, 01:53:35 PM »
A few practice laps, she'll be right kind of attitude lol...

Haha yeah that's pretty much it these days. I used to practice more during the week, but now all 3 kids are in school got too much shit going on and when I'm finally free in the evenings I can't be fucked to turn the PC on

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal