Xtreme Gaming Network

Porsche DLC

Author Topic: Porsche DLC  (Read 12227 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Porsche DLC
« on: June 17, 2016, 11:08:57 PM »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Porsche DLC
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:20:41 PM »
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/33544/

<b>Assetto Corsa</b> has established itself as the leading and benchmark PC racing simulation game thanks to its perfect driving feeling, accuracy of cars and tracks, and last but not least, being the only independent production trusted to feature premium licensing content and top class manufacturers. Assetto Corsa will be coming to console platforms at the end of August 2016.<br /><br />Today, <b>Kunos Simulazioni</b> is proud to announce that after more than 12 years away from the hardcore sim-racing world, the<b> Porsche Brand</b> will be coming to Assetto Corsa and that it's working in a close and official partnership with the prestigious car manufacturer to release two DLC packages that will include the most iconic, authentic, awesome cars created by Porsche during its glorious history! The packs are scheduled for release for both PC and console in Fall 2016.<br /><br />The partnership with Porsche will allow them to use Assetto Corsa to give the chance to its customers, fans and motorsport enthusiasts, to drive its newest models and to prepare for the Porsche driving experience in several Porsche race centers and dealer events worldwide. Porsche are working closely with Kunos Simulazioni to provide the most accurate Porsche virtual experience ever.<br /><br /><b>Marco Massarutto, Executive&amp;Licensing Manager at Kunos Simulazioni:</b><br /><br /><i>I can't describe how proud we are about this partnership with Porsche, and how exciting it is to bring back the Brand in the simracing world. This Fall, Assetto Corsa will be the only multi-platform title to have the Porsche brand in a genuine racing simulation. The gamers, and our fans really want to have the chance to DRIVE the Porsche cars in a realistic manner. it's a privilege, and a big responsability for us. We are working closely with Porsche with the aim to reproduce each single model with the maximum accuracy, and the fact that the same simulation will be used at Porsche race centers will push our team even more to provide the best Porsche virtual experience ever.</i><br /><br />Welcome back Porsche. Welcome to Assetto Corsa, your racing simulator.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:23:16 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 08:23:59 AM »
Nice to get get another license into the game.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 10:14:10 AM »
Boring
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Rolz

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:25:14 AM »
Stoked they released it from EA

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 10:32:41 AM »
Boring

I'm not massively excited either.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 10:48:30 AM »
Boring

Unless it has some prototypes, I'm not sure I'll get this one. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 12:50:53 PM »
Boring

There will be the 962 and 919 so 2 prototypes, honestyl modern prototypes dont interest me too much and the old ones will likely create not great racing as fast old race cars will have big performance differences in the field.

Carrera cup should be great and I look forward to the street cars and 918 vs p1 and lafaerrari adding the new lambo should make the hypercar class in ac pretty nice.

Really I think for close racing a single class or more street cars that will match up will be best. There should be soe Porsche cars that fit in with the supercar class too which has quite a field already.

In terms of a series there really arent many close series raced other then gt3 with multiple manufacturers.

I think the main reason many arent so excited about Porcshe is in proper sims they have only ever been the crappiest rips, getting them done properly will make them stand out like the real awesome cars they are. I had a drive in an old 911 turbo last week and even though it scared the crap out of me just driving on the public road, handles like the ruf yellowbird. Thise old widowmakers are a fun drivers challenge and the modern versions are still regarded by many as the greatest drivers cars.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 01:19:17 PM »
Boring

Did you guys have Valium for breakfast.  Porsche cars put together with assistance from Porsche . . . how does that not rate!

Rolz

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 01:42:30 PM »
I agree with Freezer - every time I've raced a Porsche (sim or arcade) it's been a RUF variant...

This is a massive coup for AC

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 01:54:32 PM »
For me it isn't how good they will be. Maybe getting a little vindictive in my older years but Porsche have treated race sims, modders and simracers like crap for years. I'd rather go for a drive in the Enduracers Flat 6 mod if I feel like taking a Porsche out.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 02:32:26 PM »
I just think that sticking that much weight over the rear wheels is a bad design, engineering-wise.
Even Porsche says it can't get enough front weight distribution in the Le mans 911 because of it.
Mid-engine has been discovered boys. ::)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »
Boring

Did you guys have Valium for breakfast.  Porsche cars put together with assistance from Porsche . . . how does that not rate!

LOL Freezer.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »
For me it isn't how good they will be. Maybe getting a little vindictive in my older years but Porsche have treated race sims, modders and simracers like crap for years. I'd rather go for a drive in the Enduracers Flat 6 mod if I feel like taking a Porsche out.

My understanding of it was that they entered into a licensing agreement with EA for a long period of time before Sim Racing became a real thing, so in that way their hands were kinda tied. That's how I had it explained to me a while ago so it could very well be wrong.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2016, 04:51:50 PM »

My understanding of it was that they entered into a licensing agreement with EA for a long period of time before Sim Racing became a real thing, so in that way their hands were kinda tied. That's how I had it explained to me a while ago so it could very well be wrong.

But...  Need For Speed Porsche was a sim, wasn't it?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal