Xtreme Gaming Network

I've read about the mustang and it's part in pony car wars; but

Author Topic: I've read about the mustang and it's part in pony car wars; but  (Read 7229 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
I didn't know about these until now. ..Mustang I and Mustang II concepts to join Mustang serial number 10001 at The Henry Ford Motor Muster

Every year, The Henry Ford presents its Motor Muster, an annual celebration that honors cars, trucks (and even bicycles) built between 1933 and 1976. This year, in honor of its 50th birthday, The Henry Ford will be paying homage to the Ford Mustang by showing the 1962 Mustang I concept, the 1963 Mustang II concept and the Mustang bearing serial number 100001.

Hoping to portray itself as a young and desirable brand, in late 1961 Ford launched a marketing effort it called “Total Performance,” fueled in part by the paranoia over Chevrolet’s innovative Corvair. Ford styling head Gene Bordinat was tasked with developing a concept car that personified this Total Performance image, which would be a daunting task even with unlimited resources. Bordinat didn’t have unlimited resources, so he did the best he could with what was at hand, and with a team of designers that included John Najjar, Jim Sipple and Phil Clark, created a two-seat roadster with an aerodynamic body built upon a reversed Ford Taunus platform in roughly 100 days.

- See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/06/12/mustang-i-and-mustang-ii-concepts-to-join-first-production-mustang-at-the-henry-ford-motor-muster/?refer=news#sthash.qVurwyxo.dpuf
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:34:43 PM by Flattop »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline SlayerOne

• View Profile
Re: I've read about the mustang and it's part in pony car wars; but
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
I'm surprised they never released something like that to compete with Corvette.
"He's busted, dusted and disgusted, but he's ok"
specs: Windows 8.1; Asus Z87-GD65; Nvidia GTX770; 16GB Ram; Intel i7-4770K 3.5ghz * 8; Logitech G27

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal