Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R4: Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R4: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 27697 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S15R4: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 07:11:59 AM »
Anyone got a video of the race 1 start should be interesting viewing.  ;D
+1
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 07:41:05 AM »
Anyone got a video of the race 1 start should be interesting viewing.  ;D
It is. I doubt I'll have time these days. But if I do, I'll make one.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 07:49:02 AM »
....If it's a practice race.
During Practice the server should be, at suitable intervals, cycled to a Race so everybody gets to practice that. i.e. a start. Half a lap or so and cycle back to practice.

Just vote to skip the session. Or use the admin commands as the admin password is the regular xgn password. You can do the following in the chat window:

/admin putpasswordhere
/next_session
or
/restart_session

I use the long practice session to figure out setup and work on getting quick. It would be annoying if it were a short session. I then skip to to race and go a couple of full length races to figure out tyre strategy, when to pit and work in consistency.

EDIT: Or did I misunderstand and you mean the practice we have right before the race?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:54:25 AM by Joe »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 07:51:13 AM »
Could somebody upload a race 2 replay pleeease. Forgot to save it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »
....If it's a practice race.

Ah ha! That reminds me of an idea of mine, as follows:
During Practice the server should be, at suitable intervals, cycled to a Race so everybody gets to practice that. i.e. a start. Half a lap or so and cycle back to practice.
We spend X amount of hours on the Practice server during the week then an hour on race night followed by twenty minutes of qualifying then straight to the race where an incident such as tonight's throws all that preparation and expectations out the window.

"train of thought,,, must improve laptime, tweak springs, dampers, pressures, wings, brake points, et al . qualified well now concentrate on a good start and...... oh fuck where do I brake for the first corner? I've never been here going so slow before and how do I know when that car in front is going to brake? oh shit! crash!!,,,end thinking"

It should also be good practice for, anyone who chooses, to also do this offline as well, so as to get familiar with braking points from various grid positions and perhaps how to run side by side for the first part of the lap.

Comment...
It's not a bad idea. Especially for notorious tracks like Spa and Monza, where there are virtually always accidents.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 09:34:24 AM »
Come and race Thursdays , we love restarts and try for as many as possible :) 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2017, 10:25:05 AM »
....did I misunderstand and you mean the practice we have right before the race?

I meant both, on and offline, Practice server and Race night, it can only help.

But my main idea was to have this on Race night as offline the AI suck and doing it solo online, while useful, misses out on all variables that make the first lap tricky. I do do practice starts on the night, to check first gear and clutch point etc. And god I nearly had a heart attack last week when I qualified on pole. "'Where and how do I brake for the first corner on cold tyres with 27 other drivers nearly as clueless as me right up my arse?'"

It is problematic that AC takes so long to count down to the race.

PS: Stupid spellcheck thinks I spelt 'tyres' and 'arse' incorrectly!

PPS:  :) I said 'do do'   ;D
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2017, 01:19:36 PM »
Completely off pace and beyond at SPA.Historically i am not that fast but at SPA i am really not that good.I have to say that i spent some time in the garage with the settings and trying to elevate this car to higher standard but to no avail,,, :-X

In practice i even almost touched the 2.26 but during the race i never went into the 27s,,,,meh!!! Not to talk about my chronic lack of speed in the straights,incredible i have to really figuring out what was wrong.In the first race i think doob touched me and i ended hitting the guard rail and i think the car was a bit damage,but then in the second race the lack of speed was still there so i  really think my driving skills are fading away..... ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

The second race was not good at all,few mistakes and at this level i cant afford them,end of the story,Lucky to collect a 10th position,though,, ;D ;D

Good fun!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2017, 01:43:42 PM »
Completely off pace and beyond at SPA.Historically i am not that fast but at SPA i am really not that good.I have to say that i spent some time in the garage with the settings and trying to elevate this car to higher standard but to no avail,,, :-X

In practice i even almost touched the 2.26 but during the race i never went into the 27s,,,,meh!!! Not to talk about my chronic lack of speed in the straights,incredible i have to really figuring out what was wrong.In the first race i think doob touched me and i ended hitting the guard rail and i think the car was a bit damage,but then in the second race the lack of speed was still there so i  really think my driving skills are fading away..... ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

The second race was not good at all,few mistakes and at this level i cant afford them,end of the story,Lucky to collect a 10th position,though,, ;D ;D

Good fun!!
Have you checked that your throttle pedal is actually reaching 100%? It might be a calibration issue.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2017, 02:19:22 PM »
In race 2, RussG ran into the back of Simone, causing him to lose 2 spots, so gets 60kg penalty ballast for the next round.
I would like to put my case as to why I think this penalty is rather harsh.
Simone and I were fighting over position. Simone cut close across the front of me as I went to the apex. At the corner exit I was starting to apply power (as you do). Simone began applying power, but then released the accelerator, slowing down, then I bumped him. The slightest of bumps. We were racing hard and close and I believe it was a racing incident.
I will accept the decision of the stewards.

In race 1 I managed to pick my way through the carnage on lap 1, and found myself in a good position, then kept consistent and clean and finished 6th.

Race 2, I got shuffled back to P19 on lap 1. I had a fun race with some great battles (Mael, nith) along the way as I clawed my way back up to finish 6th again :)
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2017, 03:40:27 PM »

Good fun!!
Have you checked that your throttle pedal is actually reaching 100%? It might be a calibration issue.

WALLY!!!!!!!!    WALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.......it was the bloody calibration,10% shorter.Unplug and plug the usb and i am ready this time,,,,,,,,,,,,,TO KICK YOUR ARSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

HEY Wally.......thx for the tip ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

.......and thats why i have not won the race,,,,,,, ::) ::) ::)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 03:42:20 PM »

Good fun!!
Nah.... he's just not that fast . . :) :) :)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »
Well after some technical issues I arrived with about 6 minutes of qual to go but surprisingly managed to grab 7th.
R1: The big crash!  From my perspective the sight of flying cars up ahead means you lift off heavily (as I'm sure you would in real life).  However in doing so I was heavily rear ended no less than three times!!  Initially I thought the car would surely be stuffed but despite the smashed screen and broken wings I was still able to set decent times so I pushed on.  Managed to get home 9th with Wally chasing me down and passing in the dying laps.
R2:  Had a spin exiting turn 1 at the start of the second lap which put me down to 14th.  Not long after I found myself at the downhill double left handers with Seanus re entering and assuming the racing line right in front of me at half my speed.  I attempted to swing around the outside of him but clipped a big kerb which bounced me in the air and spun me.  From there dead last was not much fun....

Well done to team mate Mael for a good result!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2017, 04:46:01 PM »

R1: The big crash!  From my perspective the sight of flying cars up ahead means you lift off heavily (as I'm sure you would in real life).  However in doing so I was heavily rear ended no less than three times!!  Initially I thought the car would surely be stuffed but despite the smashed screen and broken wings I was still able to set decent times so I pushed on. 

This is what youd expect but as this video shows its not just a sim racing thing.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=eH9lng9Zu5Q

I will be driving this road soon and hoping for bad weather to bring snow to the mountains just not so much fun to drive in. ??? So far the driving has been in pretty good weather here so the fresh snow levels have kind of sucked lol. Will be at lake louise tomorrow but the drive wont be much like the mod track in AC I think lol.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:51:35 AM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2017, 06:51:16 PM »

R1: The big crash!  From my perspective the sight of flying cars up ahead means you lift off heavily (as I'm sure you would in real life).  However in doing so I was heavily rear ended no less than three times!!  Initially I thought the car would surely be stuffed but despite the smashed screen and broken wings I was still able to set decent times so I pushed on. 

This is what youd expect but as this video shows its not just a sim racing thing.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=eH9lng9Zu5Q

I will be driving this road soon and hoping for bad weather to bring snow to the mountains just not so much fun to drive in. ??? So far the driving has been in pretty good weather here so the fresh snow levels have kind of sucked lol. Will be at lake louise tomorrow but the drive wont be much like the mod track in AC I think lol.
Where were the yellow flags?!?!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal