Xtreme Gaming Network

Camber Extravaganza 2.1

Author Topic: Camber Extravaganza 2.1  (Read 29140 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Camber Extravaganza 2.1
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 11:41:11 AM »
With this app, are you guys that run a low negative camber eg 1.8F 1.5R, getting a fair amount of red flashing on the tyre model? I haven't used the graph thing yet, but during my brief testing I tried to set it up so that I had almost zero red, which meant more aggressive negative camber. Is this what you guys are trying to achieve or do you compromise, a bit of red to get more green? Also at this track curb hopping seemed beneficial which also meant way more red and equally more negative camber to compensate. With my sway bars set to something like 14F 4R I needed camber about -2.8F and -1.8 to avoid red while curb hopping, but of course straight line braking suffered. I ended up racing with 1.9F 1.2R (I think). What you guys think? It's all compromise for sure, but you know...how much

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 11:48:24 AM »
I was running -1.8F and -1.0R,  but I do prefer a bit less than ideal camber
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 11:59:21 AM »
For this track, I focussed just on the slow corner leading onto the fast back straight, and optimised the outer (left) cambers. How well that worked, I'm not sure.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 12:06:00 PM »
I was running -1.8F and -1.0R,  but I do prefer a bit less than ideal camber
So you are getting a fair amount of red to get more green when pushing hard? A lot of red while curb hopping? Just trying work out this app and how you guys read/use it

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2018, 12:41:52 PM »
I found that the camber changes through the corner, depending on suspension compression under braking or acceleration.
What I therefore do is determine where I need the grip more, into or out of the corner, and adjust accordingly.
I ignored the readings while curb hopping as it's very transient and I'm very inconsistent, so it was never the same on different laps.
In general, though, I try to avoid red.

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 08:42:33 PM »
Thank you, I'll spend some more time with it

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 10:38:07 PM »
But maybe I'm wrong. :-X
This data (the bar graph) suggests under cambered is better than over cambered, so avoid blue at all costs.

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2018, 12:36:39 PM »
But maybe I'm wrong. :-X
This data (the bar graph) suggests under cambered is better than over cambered, so avoid blue at all costs.

Thanks for the tips, the car felt pretty good this week, I set it up with as much green as possible while cornering which in turn gave the highest g forces. I think it was about -1.8F -0.3R. Sway bar changes affected this marginally also (more or less dynamic camber).

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2018, 05:50:02 PM »
You'll also find (in cars with the option) that spring, ride height and weight (more fuel or ballast) will also change the camber. ;)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal