Xtreme Gaming Network

Joint Operations - Path Finder v2

Author Topic: Joint Operations - Path Finder v2  (Read 10542 times)

Offline rulie

• View Profile
Joint Operations - Path Finder v2
« on: September 28, 2018, 08:15:12 AM »
...are we there yet?

It was some crazy idea i came up with when Shevy-AUS- showed me this "new" online game Joint Operations in June or July 2005. Played it for five mins and i was hooked. Shevy had three JO PC's online and out of the kindness in his heart, he always gave me the crappy one.
The tactical comms and random banter needed to be recorded though. I have to do something with this shit. But how? FRAPs rapes the HDD and Shevs didn't have the HDD space to record three to four hour sessions two to three nights a week. What about if i clone the graphics card out to TV and put a VHS recorder in the middle to capture the moments in time? Yeah that worked ok. Fairly good image quality provided i used top shelf VHS tapes and regularly de-magnitized and cleaned the new VCR heads with isopropyl alcohol. Now i just have to convert the VHS tape to DVD....so, off to Harvey Norman and top of the range six head panasonic DVD/VHS combo recorder. Managed to kill the DVD recorder side of that in about 2010. Now i just use the VHS side to convert straight to PC.

January 12 2006...a lot of chopping n pasting with a demo version of cool edit 1995, a hybrid never done before audio tune is finished and burned to CD.

Track 1. Joint Ops-Auto Bots v1.3 ....well i had to name it something didn't i? I didn't know what the fcuk to call it. Joint Operations was the video game and the backbone of the backing track sampled came from something called "Auto Bots" (creator unknown) which was on a mix CD DJ Toza gave me in 2001.
"Joint Ops-Auto Bots"...it will have to fcukin do. I later cleaned it up added more TS samples and pushed it out to v1.07.02 and that's where it stayed.

There is no point in watching it on youtube. A VHS tape converted to DVD/DIGITAL @ maximum 8000kbps 800x600 (720x576 actual) gets nerfed by youtube down to 480x270 avi, becomes too grainy and you can't read the kill feed. I don't care about view counts with these, so until i can upload the raw MPEG2 video files somewhere for anyone interested to download, here is  GB's JO Reality mod test range i enhanced and put together from Shadow play recordings.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:39:41 AM by rulie »

Offline rulie

• View Profile
Re: Joint Operations - Path Finder v2
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 08:37:03 AM »
...oh darn i forgot to add these. The full extent of VHS to DIGITAL converting going on. I don't know the exact number of tapes converted to DVD before the DVD recording laser died. Since then if converted roughly 180GIGs worth to HDD. I only have 232 VHS tapes to go...

Offline rulie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 07:11:14 PM »
oh, and just on the developers Joint Ops Reality mod weapons test range, i may be the only one left alive with it. So to give you an idea how much i added to GB's map, here are the before and after stats if anyone remembers N.I.L.E.

Offline rulie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 07:11:59 PM »
...and the after rulie mix.

Offline rulie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 02:01:54 AM »
..far out...found it!!!!
"Auto Bots" (creator unknown) which was on a mix CD DJ Toza gave me in 2001.

...you have no fcuking idea! I have been searching high and low for this cnut CD and i finally found it TODAY!. "Cybertron transformer auto bots breaks". At this stage i do not know what is rarer...the fact i used samples of this unknown rare mix in my first Joint Ops team speak track or the fact that it's not showing up on I.D. youtube or https://www.acrcloud.com/identify-songs-music-recognition-online/  ...shazzam??

...i do not know what all this means to be honest...it is quiet possible i am an extraterrestrial entity and not actually from this planet? If this is true, and happens to be the case, then i need to be banned or reported, or handed over to the authorities or fucking something before i start breeding with earthling women...oh wait...

Offline rulie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 12:19:35 AM »
...listening to Toza's other mixes now it's highly likely he actually made this transformers-auto bots mix himself, youtube still has not claimed any copyright on it...

...and fcuk it, here is track one v.2

-kill feed-
00.05 AN DOGGIE
00.13 UPRIGHT MAN
00.20 AN YAK
00.26 AN NUTTY ASS (headshot)
00.38 CROM ASO (headshot)
00.55 CROM ASO
01.11 BULLPUP 44
01.13 IWI CPL BARRIE
01.25 (UNKNOWN)
01.36 AN UNCLE CHOP
01.42 AN CANDIMAN
01.45 PSYCH OPS
01.51 SGT BONGPIPE
01.55 MR T ASO
02.06 MALIMBAR ASO
02.11 PSYCH OPS (headshot)
02.27 AN CANDIMAN
02.36 MADD1STEVE
02.43 (UNKNOWN)
02.52 EoS-FCF-
02.59 24th COMPANY
03.08 SMEHAMMER (headshot)
03.20 CAMMY AUS (headshot)
03.33 SPALL AUS
03.41 AN CANDIMAN
03.47 COUNTERFLAK (headshot)
03.59 IWI GEN CRUSHER

...track two is taking longer than expected to finalize. Im blaming AN Hootz for this. I know where you live cnut.  :P

Offline rulie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 04:07:01 PM »
Just fine tuning this JO R weapons test range Tank Arena expansion, ..because i can.
First look...

...features...MORE tanks than there are Joint Operation players left in the whole world!!

N.I.L.E. 2D view

...anyone up for some final map test runs?

Offline rulie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 11:11:57 PM »
Tank arena done. Can't fit any more objects in here or she crashes., maxed out @1807...here's the video. Enjoy.

Offline rulie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
Howdy Gents! ...I made a new track!
"ET hardware, the bob lazar advanced civilization remix"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal