Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763732 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #1395 on: February 22, 2018, 02:11:41 PM »
Its got rain, and night racing . . . :) :) :) :)

Coming Summer 2018 (Italian summer I presume)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:17:17 PM by Freezer »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 22, 2018, 04:20:41 PM »
Its got rain, and night racing . . . :) :) :) :)

Coming Summer 2018 (Italian summer I presume)
And driver swaps (although I don't know if that is online or only SP).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 22, 2018, 06:09:36 PM »
So the "Unreal engine", does that drive the current AC?  I'm assuming not, hence the weather etc in this version.
Be good to see it all bundled together in say AC2!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 22, 2018, 06:23:24 PM »
So the "Unreal engine", does that drive the current AC?  I'm assuming not, hence the weather etc in this version.
Be good to see it all bundled together in say AC2!

Wikipedia says they started using the Unity engine but due to constraints wrote their own engine from scratch,

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 22, 2018, 06:28:40 PM »
I expect that in the medium term we are going to see a few different racing series coming out on this ACC platform, each as separate titles. Or maybe a mega DLC pack per series.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: February 22, 2018, 07:11:24 PM »
I’ll be interested to see what happens with all the content currently on AC. Will we be willing to re-purchase the same content for ACC even if significantly enhanced? I would expect an upgrade deal to ACC with bundled AC content once the Blancpain series based ACC is stable.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 22, 2018, 07:26:16 PM »
I’ll be interested to see what happens with all the content currently on AC. Will we be willing to re-purchase the same content for ACC even if significantly enhanced? I would expect an upgrade deal to ACC with bundled AC content once the Blancpain series based ACC is stable.
I read that the physics is the only asset they could bring unchanged to the new engine, which makes sense as I guess the Unreal engine is primarily a graphics engine. Si it would be quite a bit of work to bring cars from AC to ACC.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 22, 2018, 07:47:26 PM »
I read that the physics is the only asset they could bring unchanged to the new engine, which makes sense as I guess the Unreal engine is primarily a graphics engine. Si it would be quite a bit of work to bring cars from AC to ACC.
Yes. A lot of work based on the preview shots and video. Huge amount of detail. Kunos can’t give it away for free. But it will still feel like you are purchasing the same cars all over again. That is why the Blancpain Series approach makes sense. But I am not sure how I’ll feel if they offer, say, a Porsche DLC for ACC.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 22, 2018, 10:31:29 PM »
Yes. A lot of work based on the preview shots and video. Huge amount of detail. Kunos can’t give it away for free. But it will still feel like you are purchasing the same cars all over again. That is why the Blancpain Series approach makes sense. But I am not sure how I’ll feel if they offer, say, a Porsche DLC for ACC.
I will be pulling out the wallet . . . we get a tonne of enjoyment out of this game so well worth some cash!

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 23, 2018, 07:57:45 AM »
Fuck. >:(
Microsoft couldn't get me to update but it looks like AC will. ::)
from RD   Today at 06:20 #273
FeltHat
FeltHat
Premium

Ratings:
    +698

New

yup, almost 72% of steam users still use windows7

social media is the tobacco of this century

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 23, 2018, 09:14:04 AM »
Fuck. >:(
Microsoft couldn't get me to update but it looks like AC will. ::)
from RD   Today at 06:20 #273
FeltHat
FeltHat
Premium

Ratings:
    +698

New

I have just confirmed Win 10 does not support my 1st Gen i7 870 cpu  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: February 23, 2018, 11:34:11 AM »

I had to look that up.   Correct.  And growing!
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

However, also note:
Language:  Simplified Chinese  67.39%   (+3.49%)

That'll throw a spanner in to the other stats, huh?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 23, 2018, 04:52:02 PM »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 23, 2018, 05:45:15 PM »
So this is basically ac2 with a different name ?
I think this will be finish AC, its old now, early access was like 2013 wasn't it ? when I play new games that are not sims coming back to AC makes my eyes bleed, its like pacman graphics these days , it only has 800 in game now and most of them will buy this you would think and I think most will not have time/inclination to play 2 racing games.

I just hope the server is better implemented than it is now
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:51:51 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 23, 2018, 05:54:27 PM »
My main worry is that GranTurismo is mentioned 2 to many times as a comparison and I wonder if this is going to be made more for console
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal