Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R4: Spa post-race chat

Author Topic: S9R4: Spa post-race chat  (Read 20376 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S9R4: Spa post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 07:46:23 AM »
Wally says:Simone careless entry!

Cmon mate can you use another term?,,,cmon !!!   Is not fair!!!  did you see the accident???
OK. "Simone carefully slid into the side of Bacchulum's car in T1". Better? :)

Great dramatic pics! What smoke level do you guys have your game set at? Mine's only on Very Low, and it never looks as dramatic as that. Higher smoke isn't a framerate killer?

Funny to see he still has only 3kg of ballast next race considering his pace and I dropped a whopping 8kg for the next race to get to 126. :)

Chap is right on the average lap time, so his ballast is spot on. The reason why ballast changes look relatively small this round is because the lap time is longer than usual. So even though Marty was 0.46 secs slower than the average, that's a small percentage of a 2:04 lap, so the ballast doesn't drop as much as you'd think.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 07:58:01 AM »
Race 2 - Lap 9-10 Bafs17 had a shocker and blocked pits for leaders (Edwood and I) to get in on... Edwood got past but I didn't... Wally can you check it out? Going from 2nd to 10th due to a lap down car is just beyond poor form.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 08:48:44 AM »
Race 1: Crash n burn, happy to end up stranded on a curb unable to move, game over.
Race 2: Big lag spike after a shunt further up the road left my car damaged again. Plodded around looking for scraps.
 :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 09:01:28 AM »
Wally says:Simone careless entry!

Cmon mate can you use another term?,,,cmon !!!   Is not fair!!!  did you see the accident???
OK. "Simone carefully slid into the side of Bacchulum's car in T1". Better? :)

Great dramatic pics! What smoke level do you guys have your game set at? Mine's only on Very Low, and it never looks as dramatic as that. Higher smoke isn't a framerate killer?

Simone carefully slid into the side of the car spunds worse to me. It makes it sound like he did it part of a plan.

The screens I put smoke to ultra, but race on medium as it can drop fps. Funny race 1 I turned down some settings and had some big fps drops at one point during the race. I turned everything back up on race 2 and had no issues.

As I use an fps cap at 62 if I turn settings down 1 of the gpu's drops its speed and then can drop fps. Keep things turned up and more gpu load keeps the fps up so its an odd one. If I dont cap the fps I get between 80 to 100fps and this looks like crap in motion with a bit of stuttering. Cap at 62 looks very smooth and normally doesnt drop a single frame but seems that sli still gets broken at times by lots of text on screen.

I had the names above cars and at the back of the pack it was causing fps issues. I turned these off and was fine maxed out race 2 except smoke on med.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 10:08:10 AM »
Race 2 - Lap 9-10 Bafs17 had a shocker and blocked pits for leaders (Edwood and I) to get in on... Edwood got past but I didn't... Wally can you check it out? Going from 2nd to 10th due to a lap down car is just beyond poor form.

I will take a look tonight.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 11:26:48 AM »
 I wonder if you could have grid place penalties Wally?  Or perhaps an additional 20kg of ballast or something for the next race as a penalty?

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »
I wonder if you could have grid place penalties Wally?  Or perhaps an additional 20kg of ballast or something for the next race as a penalty?

Grid place penalties is a good idea, but if they're guilty of shunting up the backside won't they have more potential victims in front of them?  :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 11:59:07 AM »

Grid place penalties is a good idea, but if they're guilty of shunting up the backside won't they have more potential victims in front of them?  :P

Maybe put them on pole and we can then punt them off.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 12:01:22 PM »

I think the appropriate penalty (and certainly the easiest to implement in the AC world) is a points penalty. I don't necessarily want to have to look at every single little incident, because of the time it would take. I'm happy to look at the first couple of turns, because that's a dangerous but contained time.

I would think that just pointing out things to people would be enough. Everyone's here to enjoy the racing.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 01:49:59 PM »
My apologies to bach and jeremy,i just made a mistake in negotiating the braking zone in the first lap first corner in the 2nd race,to avoid someone else i steered onto the grass i tried not to lock the wheel but to no avail...sorry guys!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 05:17:16 PM »
PMs sent.

Just to be clear, I didn't see anything malicious here, just an unfortunate accident caused by lack of awareness and communication.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:50:39 PM by Wally »

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »
Schmittez if you cause an accident you need to pull over and redress the position.  You rode me into the wall and kept driving.

Yeah really sorry about that. I know I need to, I don't know why I didn't.

Race 1: well I think most people know what happened there I just put a little more throttle than I should of and unfortunately spun right across the track cause quite a bit crash, I didn't realize it was quite as big until I watched the replay because I was perpendicular to the track flipping over until I got sent back to the pits. then just rejoined and lapped till the end.

Race 2: got all of about 1 car length before getting some damage, qualified last as I didn't get a good lap in and the person in front of me bogged hard on the start and I couldn't quite move over enough in time and just clipped him and got a little aero damage but neither of us span or anything. then I think I went and squeezed Guy out like an asshole and kept going I probably should get penalized for that, there was also a VERY unsafe reentry I did but there was no contact not sure when that was. nothing much else happened except I didn't put enough fuel in during either of my pit stops my mandatory one or the second one I did to put enough in to make it to the end.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2015, 05:52:29 PM »
Race1: didnt nail qual 100% which is a punish since the field is fairly close now with the ballast lol. Got off to a safe start and watched the world colapse around me settling into 6th i think, had a nice little battle with gb for the first few laps, got a small gap on him and was cruising home in 5th maintining a gap until the last lap where i came across bachulum in the middle of turn 4 and went wide into the dirt to avoid him and kept the foot to the floor to keep gb behind but i spun so annoying on the last lap so came 8th lol

race2: fired up qualy 4th with a decent lap and again a clean start settling into a rythem, had skaife behind me but once again the team fails in the pits and i lost a spot to skaife and put in qual laps to catch him but when i got within 1 sec on him the dirty air killed me which was cool but frustrating at the time lol. Came home 3rd
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2015, 05:55:42 PM »
Race 1 was looking good up to the last lap, I weaved through the war-zone at Les Combe on lap 1 and worked my way up to 2nd.
But on the last lap I tried to keep pressure on Rolz and just ended up 'Rosberging' at Les Combe, picking up damage and finishing 7th. :(

Race 2 was OK until turn 1, when Simone 'carefully' slid into me, which left me at the back with front/rear/side damage.
Drove damaged until the earliest 1 stop point, fixed the damage and carried on, but the time spent damaged and the long stop left me all alone.

I've had better nights. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 06:03:43 PM »
Race 2: got all of about 1 car length before getting some damage, qualified last as I didn't get a good lap in and the person in front of me bogged hard on the start and I couldn't quite move over enough in time and just clipped him and got a little aero damage but neither of us span or anything.

yeah sorry about that, I got bogged down in both races. I need to figure out how to get off the line in these cars.

The damage had a bit bigger effect on me! The rear kept wanting to overtake the front end in every corner, I was lapping in the about 5 seconds of my normal pace due to the damage. Then after my pits-top I touched a curb at high speed and got spat out into a very angry wall. The wall did not want to move out of my way so spend 2 years in the pits repairing the damage  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal