Xtreme Gaming Network

S11R3: Zandvoort Post-race chat

Author Topic: S11R3: Zandvoort Post-race chat  (Read 21860 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S11R3: Zandvoort Post-race chat
« on: April 26, 2016, 10:25:42 PM »
Ah, sweet single malt....

In race 1, I got caught up in Chap's spin in front of me, and T-boned him, which put me about 2nd last. But then I had a great long chase of Bafs, not being able to pass him until he ran wide on lap 10.

Race 2 was a bit of a screw up, having brake pedal spiking again. I was bumped by Mael from the rear on lap 3, but that's because I was checking up to avoid running into Bird and Dave O ahead of me, which caused a bit of a pileup behind me. The spiking brakes saw me drop back through the field to finish in 13th

Race 3, my brake pedal was fine again. I had a good race with Bacchulum, Jeremy and Marty putting clean passes on me.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:45:08 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S11R3: Zandvoort Post-race chat
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:29:12 PM »
lol  yum
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 11:02:26 PM »
Fun racing, race 1 was a surprise lol as we started regular order and I was never expecting to get a relatively easy win this week. Still Matthew had the pace on me but I just tried to stay clean and hit apexes knowing there wasnt much he could do unless I made an error.

Race 2 the rolling reverse grid start worked better and easier the I expected. Once the race fired up there were some great battles but I had quite a bit of contact here and couldnt do much in traffic stuck behind Jeremy and Freezer who were side by side most of the race. Matthew got very fortunate with a little bingle ahead of us and manged to get away then turned that into a good win from the back row. Good effort at this track which was very hard to pass at.

Race 3 everyone seemed to lift their game with good driving all round. This meant no easy passes of people that spun ahead and so I jeeded to work hard for every spot. I had a good battle with Matthew  with him getting past at one point when I got a little checked up in traffic but then a few laps later I got past when a similar thing happened to him. I think I may have been contact free that race but possibly may have registered a very light contact with Rob at t1 when he didnt see me sneak inside behind another car and had the door closed a bit late.

Will be a video of this race once its uploaded as it was some good racing, race 1 not much action around me other then holdng Matthew off and race 2 was quite messy all round.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:04:57 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 11:05:44 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Race Results

Round Points
Marty    67
Matthew111    65
Phil.8    59
Bacchulum    59
Jeremy    59
Freezer    54
Bird    53
StanDaam    51
Mael    50
hylas    48
Chap111    47
Wally    45
Bafs17    44
Dave O    32
Rob    32
AJ    30
Vipergod    16
Flattop    7

Congratulations to Marty, Matthew and Mael for the race wins, and Marty for the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Marty, 131
2. Matthew, 126
3. Phil, 121

Struggle Street Racing Crew lead the team championships from Achilles Heels, 242 points to 230.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 11:42:08 PM »
Hi all, congrats to the winners. What happened in race 1? Seems like you started in reverse*reverse grid...

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 09:14:53 AM »
Thanks for the 7 points, I hope it was for not causing as much carnage as i could have! 
I was stuck in a rut with my times, but followed bird for a couple of laps, took off the TC when prompted and dropped a few seconds.
Just couldn't concentrate for any length of time.

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 09:31:06 AM »
TC is a big time-eater :)

I had lots of fun.  Well, not in R1 - that was boring :D
R2 I've managed to grab 2nd, that was a nice change from mid-pack, and luckily Matthew was nearby to keep me entertained ;)

The best was the last race, though.  Chasing through the pack with Marty, then Matthew... not at any high-speed, mind you.  Everyone is starting to drive pretty darn good by R3!   Then I got unstuck going into T1 next to Freezer (a.k.a The Mobile Roadblock)

Great night!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 09:35:39 AM »
Hi all, congrats to the winners. What happened in race 1? Seems like you started in reverse*reverse grid...

Race 1 we lined up on the grid and noticed that Wallys reverse grid wasnt working due to a server build change. So the decision was made to just go as it was, race 2 and 3 we did rolling starts getting into reverse grid order on the warmup lap which worked quite well. It would be interesting to try that with a 2 wide rolling start which I am fairly sure we could manage as lots of the actual racing was side by side with not too much trouble. The sigle file kid of chills lap one out a bit as not a lot of passing is done with the field already spread out a little.

Here is the video from the last race and it seems I had 2 contacts in this 2 both on the same lap with Rob and Matthew but they must have been about .5kmh as they didnt have any effect on either car but I was rather close to many cars during the race, needed quite a few more laps to make significant progress as its hard to pass 1 car per lap here.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 09:44:09 AM »
Since the last server update, the reverse grid wasn't working, but hopefully I've fixed it.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 10:08:03 AM »
Video: great race guys! But even greater envy!!! :(

Marty and Wally: thank you for the explanation. Poor Wally can never take a rest with all these updates...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
Im wondering if the few guys that are a couple seconds slower then others are using tc here. Tc in pretty much any street car is a performance killer and these cars have so much grip you just need a little throttle control to keep it in check when turning or changing direction.

If you turn on the ingame eletronic app it shows whatever aids are being used. If no aids are used you dont even see the app. Its very handy in mp as any server with factory assists will always turn them on by default and you need to turn them off in car. Ctrl t turns off tc but ABS in street cars should be left on as bias is set with ABS in mind and not adjustable making it much worse with ABS off most times.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:59:29 AM by marty »

Offline Chap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 11:15:58 AM »

In race 1, I got caught up in Chap's spin in front of me, and T-boned him, which put me about 2nd last.

Sorry about that wally  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 01:53:43 PM »

In race 1, I got caught up in Chap's spin in front of me, and T-boned him, which put me about 2nd last.

Sorry about that wally  :(
No problem. You and I were both passengers, pretty much.

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 02:04:35 PM »
Im wondering if the few guys that are a couple seconds slower then others are using tc here. Tc in pretty much any street car is a performance killer and these cars have so much grip you just need a little throttle control to keep it in check when turning or changing direction.

If you turn on the ingame eletronic app it shows whatever aids are being used. If no aids are used you dont even see the app. Its very handy in mp as any server with factory assists will always turn them on by default and you need to turn them off in car. Ctrl t turns off tc but ABS in street cars should be left on as bias is set with ABS in mind and not adjustable making it much worse with ABS off most times.

I used TC in the first race as I did no practice so was always going to be off the pace. Turned it off for race 2 n 3 but still can't keep up with you guys.

I have worked out that there's only three things I need to improve on to be able to compete with you guys though. 1. Steering 2. Acceleration and 3. Braking  :P  ::)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 02:23:25 PM »
Freezer (a.k.a The Mobile Roadblock)
Of course if you were faster you would have just passed me . . :) :)

All round good nights racing.  I had many long and close fought battles with the likes of Marty, Stan, Matthew etc all of which were clean and well done.  Very important to pick the "right line" and be super smooth as one slip and people are passing you.

I wonder whether a bit more slip stream effect would spice it up as there is next to none at the moment! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal