Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 13 Skins

Author Topic: Season 13 Skins  (Read 26640 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: Season 13 Skins
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 10:28:58 PM »
Can I have the default RX7 red skin please Wally...

apparently red cars drive faster and with no track time I need all the assistance I can get!!  ;D
Should we have red as our team color, then? I can try to claim an Italian origin for the DA Racing team to justify the choice. Perhaps it was originally named "Scuderia DA" and then later changed its name in DA Racing when it moved to Australia... ;)
Rolz says yes.

Wally, would you mind?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 11:04:18 PM »
Yes to grat & freezer.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 11:10:05 PM »
Just had a quick look online and I'll settle with this one if it's not too much trouble :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/daishin-nissan-skylin-r34.10500/

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 08:04:33 AM »
Just had a quick look online and I'll settle with this one if it's not too much trouble :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/daishin-nissan-skylin-r34.10500/
Done.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 12:15:47 PM »
When do you need skins by Wally, I started making mine last night and its nearly finished. Will get it finished as soon as I can and shoukd be before 5pm. What do you want me to name the skin I was going to use Gibson_01 and the skin is based off this car.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 12:51:58 PM »
When do you need skins by Wally, I started making mine last night and its nearly finished. Will get it finished as soon as I can and shoukd be before 5pm. What do you want me to name the skin I was going to use Gibson_01 and the skin is based off this car.

All I need is a name for the entry list. If you want Gibson_01, that's what I'll call it.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 01:40:54 PM »
Speaking of Skins, has anybody else had to reinstall AC lately and since then no longer has the "dev" folder with the templates in it?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 01:42:59 PM »
Here is my skin named Gibson_01

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vj99r7smh5sc59n/Marty_r34_Skin.rar

Edit reuploaded as I packaged the original wrong. I can also make a full skin pack at 6pm with all the skins submitted by then to make it easier and just install skins without digging through all the folders.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:55:41 PM by marty »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 02:21:47 PM »
Speaking of Skins, has anybody else had to reinstall AC lately and since then no longer has the "dev" folder with the templates in it?

Nevermind, I found it. Seems like it now lives inside the sdk folder.

Offline LetsTestDrive

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 04:23:50 PM »
Well there doesn't appear to be any skins for the Supra, all the ones on RD are for the T.A or Drift version. I did attempt to paste the decals for the Yellowhat Supra Skin on the standard supras PSD file but it didn't load up in game. I might have to get something together before the next race.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 04:48:47 PM »
The PSD file in the template is named exterior_body.psd, but after saving it with the same name with a .dds extension it doesn't seem to load it at all, I just get a red car no matter what I do. This lack of standard file names in the skins confuses me  :(

How does it even know the names of the DDS files it is looking for for the skin? That has to be somewhere right?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:00:20 PM by AJ »

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 05:00:48 PM »
Have you tried naming it something else? Maybe you can't overwrite the default skin. No idea personally, never got into skinning. :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 05:09:41 PM »
The PSD file in the template is named exterior_body.psd, but after saving it with the same name with a .dds extension it doesn't seem to load it at all, I just get a red car no matter what I do. This lack of standard file names in the skins confuses me  :(

How does it even know the names of the DDS files it is looking for for the skin? That has to be somewhere right?

Have you made skins before? look through this guide here it will be very handy.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/skin-modding-faq.4369/
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/a-guide-to-skin-modding-painting-the-bailey-way.3951/

Also the format you save the DDS file in is critical so if you do this wrong the skin wont load in game.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 05:39:15 PM »
Yeah have made skins before. I figured it out eventually. Those two links don't really have an answer to the question I had though. :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 05:42:55 PM »
I can also make a full skin pack at 6pm with all the skins submitted by then to make it easier and just install skins without digging through all the folders.
Please. That would be great. Thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal