Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat  (Read 24747 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S6R1: Nurburgring Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »
Reasonable night for me.  I had pretty good pace in practice being in the low 13s but once we got under way found the track grip tricky and was not nearly as quick.  Qualified in the back end of the top 10 for each race however was getting smashed at every flag drop loosing around 5 spots each time.  Like some others I had a bit of warping at times which with a very low ping, new GTX970 a bucket of ram I not to sure why, but luckily it didn't cause any accidents.  I soon discovered that despite the Merc's good lap time, it didn't mean much when chasing a Ferrari.
Regardless I had a number of good battles throughout each race.

And yes, socks are the way to go!! :)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 12:48:38 PM »
Was pretty fun racing that merc it kept me very busy lol

Race 1: Car wasnt too bad in the early stages i managed to pull away from my fellow merc drivers but there was nothing i could do about the alfas lol so i just sat in 3rd for a while and slowly watched the yellow car of stans in my mirrors get bigger and bigger and more and more sideways haha was pretty cool to watch Stan give that merc a good thrashing as i just managed to keep my merc and its shot tyres in front!

Race 2: Reloaded my original merc setup that had less front camber and higher tyre pressures and it was much better this race, managed a few 12's in the race but still not enough for the alfas :( although by the end i did taste some blood and nearly got wobbly for 2nd but just didnt have enough tyre on the last lap to have a proper go but it was a nice close battle there on the last few laps.

Race 3: Got done by those bloody ferraris off the line lol and i knew they would be hard to pass once in front so i quickly rounded Wally up into t2 and then got right behind martys ferrari where i would become well accustomed too the rest of the race lol (if anyone needs to know the badge placement on a 458 to the nearest mm im your man). It was a good 3 car battle though that worked up a solid sweat, it wasnt easy trying to attack Marty and defend Stan at the same time but good fun :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline mooface

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 12:51:53 PM »
I always race in socks.

This must be the solution to the heal and toe issues im having  ;D

Although i was at the end of the pack, it was still fun, mainly because there was no1 to hit and just cruise around while i learnt to be consistent with the BMW E30 Group A.

Tried my luck with the auto downshift blipper to try and eliminate the rears locking up on entry, but that did not help at all, neither did changing the brake bias. Went in the second race with the shifter and clutch on and i was much smoother, and was finally gaining ground until i headed into a pack of 458's which resulted in some downforce affecting damage.

I kind of walked into the race without playing with any settings, but now ive got a feel of the car i'd definately be playing around with things to improve!

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 12:56:13 PM »
There is something up with the BMW now they are really crap to drive! never used to be, brave car to learn in lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 01:01:09 PM »
I always race in socks.

I race either barefoot or in socks, or if it's not too hot then in my feelmax shoes.  They've a very thin, very flexible sole.   
I've bought them at the Helsinki airport ages ago, but they're the best for racing (at the time they just looked funky, hehe)

Joe, Freezer; all good, gents.  Just putting it out there.  You probably weren't the only ones, I seem to recall more rear-end action :)
Hell even I've nudged someone in one of the T1s as the traffic very nearly stopped - oh and another time when I had no more steering lock remaining, hehe.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 01:25:00 PM »
Yea my tyres were shot in r2 too Mathew I was really struggling to keep it together the last few laps glad u were too lol...re setup dunno if the guys notice but before u get on the grid it tells track grip temps etc...I think that really helped me as I tweaked my setup for more grip in the 30 secs or so before r1 r2 altho r3 had far to much grip well after the crash on lap one lol.

I'm still thinking the bonus points should be established for the drivers of non dtms what's everyone else's thoughts?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 01:36:34 PM »
The bonus points idea was the original format, and I'll go back to that idea at some stage, but not this season. I want to wait until there's more AC 1.1 data on the RSR rank, now that I have the means to automatically read off the averages for each car at each track. I would base the bonus points on either the average performance over a range of tracks, or possibly even according to reach car's relative performance at each track. Needs more data first, to ensure bonuses are reasonable and fair.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 01:41:41 PM »
Sadly on around lap three or four at turn two I moved over into someone who was on the inside. I did ask on TS after the race but I'm not sure who it was. They were in a Bimmer or Merc. At the time they apologised took the blame but it was certainly my fault. My attention was on what was happening to my right and I never even looked to my rear/left. Even so, I think the whole pack must have slowed down to avoid further carnage and so it appears nobody lost out too badly.

Was me... maybe T2 is a bit tight for 3 ppl trying to squeeze in? Still apologies on my side again :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 01:49:29 PM »
Yea bonus points are a tricky thing as its very hard to say how much faster or slower some car is. Then this difference is worth how many points?

In the end its not all about winning or else everyone would have picked the same car or class at least. Having a mix of cars does spice up the racing and over time will also improve most peoples driving as they meed to learn to deal with racing amongst cars that will get their laptimes in a very different way.

G0RGAK

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 02:28:42 PM »
Naked and bare foot here..but I do live in the bush and talk to myself quite often ;)

lol,

does anyone have replays?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:33:04 PM by G0RGAK »

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 04:27:52 PM »
Naked and bare foot here..but I do live in the bush and talk to myself quite often ;)

lol,

Sure I can send u a private link to my webcam....if you would like to please furnish me with your credit card details....I won't take a charge off it honestly....it's just to ensure you are over 18,.....honest guv. ;)

I have a lovely holiday home in Nigeria for rent if anyone's interested?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:35:00 PM by Wobblyone »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »

lol,

Sure I can send u a private link to my webcam....if you would like to please furnish me with your credit card details....I won't take a charge off it honestly....it's just to ensure you are over 18,.....honest guv. ;)

I have a lovely holiday home in Nigeria for rent if anyone's interested?

I'm more interested in your billionaire uncle who needs to offload wads of cash to my account...

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
OMG how did you know about that, yes we own a gold mine but we need a overseas account to clear the cheque in..I could offer a lovely never raced or rallied 458 as an incentive to gain ur PIN number and AC details....deal?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:27:47 PM by Wobblyone »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 09:22:46 PM »
I'm not going to swap my F40 for a lowly 458!!

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 11:34:13 PM »
But it's gold plated from my fathers mine..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal