Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 2 Championship Results

Author Topic: Season 2 Championship Results  (Read 17808 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 2 Championship Results
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:00:30 PM »
Congratulations to the season 2 champion, Marty, and the team champions, Achilles Heels.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2 Championship Results
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:11:42 PM »
And some season stats:

Best average finish position: Marty, 3.0
Most wins: Guybrush, 7
Most podiums: Marty, 8
Most poles: Guybrush, 8
Most fastest laps: Guybrush, 8
Most times most consistent: Bacchulum, 3

It was certainly the Achilles Heels show this season!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »
Well done Marty, top effort and very consistent.

I'd completely forgot about the title until now.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:21:11 PM »
Thanks kind of lucky as the only time I beat you was when you disconnected at Silverstone, otherwise it would have been the other way around.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:21:59 PM »
Good racing Marty, and bad luck on the internet issues Guybrush. Blame the pit crew.

G0RGAK

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 11:26:13 PM »
Congrats on the win, already looking forward to season 3  :D

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »
Top job Marty, well done.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 12:11:25 AM »
Well done to all the podium places  :) and thanks again to you Wally for your commitment to this league..  :)  Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

G0RGAK

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 12:21:24 AM »
Yep, what dave said, a big thanks to wally, top job, i love the post race stats so i can see where i spun out :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 08:16:34 AM »
Yep, what dave said, a big thanks to wally, top job, i love the post race stats so i can see where i spun out :)
Same here and I didn't race, but always enjoyed reading the results.
Top job Wally.  Well done all on another great season
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 08:42:17 AM »
Thanks Wally, and congrats to everyone.
Good races!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 08:57:18 AM »
Thanks to everyone! Had a great time this season. Was just starting to get the hang of the Tatuus and the season is over.

Great bunch of guys to race with, and hang out with in down time. Always plenty of laughs.
   Many big thanks to Marty & Guybrush, Phil, Rolz, Cramjet, Gratulin, Wally and everyone else who has helped me through the season. I could not be 5-6 seconds off the pace without you guys!!

Big Grats to Marty for fudging the series! Bad luck there Guybrush! Grats to the minor places. Especially my team mate Cramjet! For carrying CramDick Racing all season!! I'm sure we are the fastest WA team this season!!!!!

big thanks to Wally for yet another seamless, professionally organized series!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 09:36:21 AM »
Thanks everyone - thanks for turning up every (most) weeks! The seasons will slowly get a little longer. We're still just mixing it up to try a bit of everything.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 09:47:08 AM »
Thanks everyone - thanks for turning up every (most) weeks! The seasons will slowly get a little longer. We're still just mixing it up to try a bit of everything.

What are the chances of using the same cars again in a series? Seems like we will have a bottomless pit of cars to choose from and may only ever see one car for one season. Not that there's anything wrong with that..

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 10:28:41 AM »
Thanks all was good fun and thanks Wally especially.

What are the chances of using the same cars again in a series? Seems like we will have a bottomless pit of cars to choose from and may only ever see one car for one season. Not that there's anything wrong with that..

There will be a large selection of cars but you never know as these cars are interesting, with ballast and fixed ground collisions id probably enjoy racing them a bit more a second season. Maybe some reverse grid action would be good fun too but even the dtm's would be a more fun season with ballast as mixed in with the grp A's they werent the best mix at times.

I dont think there is any mod cars really solid enough for a proper season even the cobra's I think have some weirdness going on in the physics and tyre department.

The street cars will be interesting as they mix uo quite well and I raced them a bit on my server in all cars. As long as the aliens werent in the faster cars I was able to battle with an elise against the regular guys in the faster cars. Not much can be done setup wise on them either so its mostly down to driving and if people are matched up well with a car they can compete in but not easily dominate it should be much better racing then the follow the leader style of many races this season up front.

Achilles heel is still undefeated so we will need to keep that up, maybe we can sign Darren as our 3rd driver.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal