Xtreme Gaming Network

Need more Porsche Long Tail times!

Author Topic: Need more Porsche Long Tail times!  (Read 19852 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Need more Porsche Long Tail times!
« on: November 01, 2018, 11:32:57 PM »
Hey, if you've posted a short tail time, can you please give the long tail a go too? I've got a feeling it's got too much restrictor.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Need more Porsche Long Tail times!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 12:27:48 AM »
In fact, I've restarted the server with no restrictor for the long tail.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 03:25:16 PM »
done :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
Thanks. It looks like maaaybe the short tail is a bit fast and needs a little restrictor. A bit more testing required.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 07:22:16 PM »
it will suffer hard at daytona and anywhere else with long straights thought - its probably fine :P

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 07:54:50 PM »
Thanks. It looks like maaaybe the short tail is a bit fast and needs a little restrictor. A bit more testing required.

Yeah well if Kcender did the time it will end up with 100% restrictor!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 08:59:06 PM »
I tested Spa in the shorty at your '2 stop' fuel multiplier (2.9 correct?) and needed 317 litres for 1 hour, with a 99 litre tank. :-[
Which car did you work out the multiplier in?
I think the shorty has a smaller tank than the others, maybe an equalizer? ???

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 09:49:54 PM »
I tested Spa in the shorty at your '2 stop' fuel multiplier (2.9 correct?) and needed 317 litres for 1 hour, with a 99 litre tank. :-[
Which car did you work out the multiplier in?
I think the shorty has a smaller tank than the others, maybe an equalizer? ???
They all have 100l tanks, but fuel economies vary (the short tail has the worst economy). I tested at two different season tracks that worked out to 2 stoppers for all cars, but different tracks may give different results.
I'm thinking that with the variables, the cars and multipliers should be fine. I like the dilemma of having to balance pace with fuel economy. And the long tail does weird things with rear tyre wear (with the default setup, at least).

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 10:30:15 PM »
Apologies Bacchulum, I had originally done my fuel calcs for a 50 min race, not a 60 min race. I have revised the multipliers to:
2.4x for a 2-stopper1.5x for a 1-stopper

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 12:58:29 AM »
I have reset the Porsche times on the practice server. I'm trying 50% restrictor for the short tail, and no restrictor for the long tail.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 04:11:29 PM »
The cars are looking like a better spread now. The top 4 times (different people, admittedly) are in each of the 4 cars.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
Grat's almost got Kcender's time in the long tail...see what happens when he's changing into the (imo faster) long tail himself.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 08:29:26 PM »
I tried to help with some data, Wally.
My times are medium tyres, full tanks for all cars, turbo @ 70% for the adjustable ones (highest boost without engine damage), ie. race pace.
Short Tail probably a bit quick by comparison, simply because I've done more laps in it.
The other 3 have had the same effort. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 08:31:59 PM »
how do you do a 2.12 in the merc, I cant get it around a lap
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 10:37:49 PM »
I tried to help with some data, Wally.
My times are medium tyres, full tanks for all cars, turbo @ 70% for the adjustable ones (highest boost without engine damage), ie. race pace.
Short Tail probably a bit quick by comparison, simply because I've done more laps in it.
The other 3 have had the same effort. ;)
Thanks. I'm happy with how the times are looking now, bearing in mind the differences in drivers and tracks.
how do you do a 2.12 in the merc, I cant get it around a lap

My thoughts exactly. It's a funny beast, the Merc. Prodigiously fast in a straight line, but slow in corners. It would take some learning to get the most out of it, but could be a weapon in the right hands. It also has the best fuel economy, so would give you the most pitstop flexibility.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal