Xtreme Gaming Network

Test run - Ferrari F2004 at Imola

Author Topic: Test run - Ferrari F2004 at Imola  (Read 28565 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Test run - Ferrari F2004 at Imola
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »
Hey Wally, I've come down with the mother of all flues.  Definitely won't be there tonight.
Get well!

Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »
Hi guys, might sit this one out tonight and wait for the 1975 Season  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 07:46:12 PM »
Hey Wally, I've come down with the mother of all flues.  Definitely won't be there tonight.

Not good Rob  :( Take care mate, hope you get well soon  ;) Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 07:52:38 PM »
I hope it's not the dreaded Brisbane Flu I've heard about. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 09:41:01 PM »
Unfortunately had to take a phone call at the first corner of the first lap and then a few laps later again,  then discovered 1 stop wasn't going to work and going into the pits my car spun and smashed , after that I tried hards which was too slow and ended up smashing again pushing to hard , aside from all that I like the car,

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 09:42:28 PM »
I intended to have a crack tonight but didn't get my shit done early enough.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 10:02:41 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Congratulations to the podium:

1. Kcender87
2. Mael
3. RussG
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:13:12 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 10:25:59 PM »
I was chuffed to finish 4th after qualifying 14th!
I did 2 long stints on hards, and then intended to finish off with a short stint on mediums, but I forgot that you have to manually select the next preset (I thought it automatically advanced to the next preset). So in my last stop, I put on hards again and took on way too much fuel.

I thought the racing was good, with less bad accidents than I had expected. Contacts were pretty low. I had a few chases, got lapped, passed some lapped cars... finished within 3 seconds of Bueller.

Some observations...

Cutting
C'mon guys... we've done 21 seasons! If you don't like getting cuts, keep it on the black stuff. It doesn't take long to figure out where the danger spots are - just be careful in those spots. In a longer race (being 3 times longer than some of our sprints), you are going to get more cuts.

Tyre Wear
I thought the multiplier was about right (1.5x is based on real life races being 1.5x longer). It mixes up the tyre strategies. Of the finishers, most people did 3 stints on mediums (2 stops). A couple did 4 stints on mediums (3 stops). I did 2 hard stints and 1 medium stint (2 stops). In real life, drivers did 2 or 3 stops.

Race too long?
There was a comment that the race was too long and the field got spread out. I think it's OK... a longer race opens up more pitstop strategies, and is more of a concentration test. This is F1, after all :)

Blue flags
As always, watch for blue flags and don't race the car behind if you're a lap down. Be aware.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:29:10 PM by Wally »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 10:27:48 PM »
I was a bit slow...but I compensated that with a bad pitstop strategy and making lots of mistakes ;-)  Apologies to Seanus.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 10:32:05 PM »
I was chuffed to finish 4th after qualifying 14th!
I did 2 long stints on hards, and then intended to finish off with a short stint on mediums, but I forgot that you have to manually select the next preset (I thought it automatically advanced to the next preset). So in my last stop, I put on hards again and took on way too much fuel.

I thought the racing was good, with less bad accidents than I had expected. Contacts were pretty low. I had a few chases, got lapped, passed some lapped cars... finished within 3 seconds of Bueller.

Some observations...

Cutting
C'mon guys... we've done 21 seasons! If you don't like getting cuts, keep it on the black stuff. It doesn't take long to figure out where the danger spots are - just be careful in those spots. In a longer race (being 3 times longer than some of our sprints), you are going to get more cuts.

Tyre Wear
I thought the multiplier was about right (1.5x is based on real life races being 1.5x longer). It mixes up the tyre strategies. Of the finishers, most people did 3 stints on mediums (2 stops). A couple did 4 stints on mediums (3 stops). I did 2 hard stints and 1 medium stint (2 stops). In real life, drivers did 2 or 3 stops.

Race too long?
There was a comment that the race was too long and the field got spread out. I think it's OK... a longer race opens up more pitstop strategies, and is more of a concentration test. This is F1, after all :)

Blue flags
As always, watch for blue flags and don't race the car behind if you're a lap down. Be aware.

I think you're right. Good to have some variety after all.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 10:32:18 PM »
Hi guys, might sit this one out tonight and wait for the 1975 Season  ;D ;D ;D

Smart man ;D

Cutting

We suppose to simulate F1, cutting is almost mandatory as well as moaning about everything.

Race too long?

I like the longer race, just a bit worried we might lose a lot of drivers during the season. The high tire wear also forced most of us into the same 2 stop strategy at approximately the sale laps, but this is highly track dependent so may not be a problem during a season.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 10:35:16 PM »
Forgot to ask, who was Daniel S? He looked like having the pace to keep Kcender honest!

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »
Thought it was a good race including distance and wear / fuel

My math suggested a one stop Hard Hard was possible and assuming no errors could be up to 2.1 seconds faster over the entire race than a Med Med Med 2 stop but the Med Med Med gave a lighter car on average and was more competitive in traffic or groups. Given Marty's party mode of a qualli lap I decided the med med med was best to make sure i could fight at the start.

Def multiple strategy possible for the race - was good - these races will be won on strategy as much as outright pace i reckon

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 10:44:34 PM »
Forgot to ask, who was Daniel S? He looked like having the pace to keep Kcender honest!
I'm not sure, but the name's vaguely familiar.

I like the longer race, just a bit worried we might lose a lot of drivers during the season. The high tire wear also forced most of us into the same 2 stop strategy at approximately the sale laps, but this is highly track dependent so may not be a problem during a season.
Losing drivers through a season happens regardless. It's a no-win situation with tyre wear. If I lower the tyre wear, then everyone will stop once in the middle of the race. There is scope to experiment with a very short stint on softs, throw in a hard stint. I think everyone was just a little conservative and played the safe "3 equal stints on mediums" card out of uncertainty.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »
Daniel was my cousin, invited him to have a go :)

I tried doing the 1 stop on meds and it flopped haha i didnt do any heavy load laps in prac so when i decided to make the car 130kg heavier for the race it was a basket case and caught me out, the car on full fuel was very understeery and bottomed out a bit so defs need to change the set for the race. The potential is there for it to be done but your way slower than everyone around you and you really have to be on the ball with the car as it changes characteristics in the stint but if you drove it right and kept it in the 21's it may work, daniel was going ok with it but he had less fuel than me in the first stint, he was going for a 1 stop but didnt know how to pit lol. If the tyre wear was less it could be interesting otherwise it is very hard towards the end of the stint when all the tyres are red lol, i should try hards maybe they will work better if there not too much slower.
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal