Xtreme Gaming Network

S32R3 - Circuit of the Americas

Author Topic: S32R3 - Circuit of the Americas  (Read 13182 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S32R3 - Circuit of the Americas
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 06:19:01 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 07:52:26 PM »
Strange I can not see race server in list.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 09:54:07 PM »
too many mistakes and too many dumb crashes, I'm spitting the dummy for tonight  >:( :-\ ::)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 10:43:15 PM »
Results are up. Well done again to Joe.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 11:03:33 PM »
too many mistakes and too many dumb crashes, I'm spitting the dummy for tonight  >:( :-\ ::)
Hey Brad, sry for my tap in I think race 2, I clipped one of those bigger kerbs and it bounced me across into your rear tyre.  :( :(

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2020, 11:13:04 PM »
Tough night . . . ran medium in first race but didn't get comfortable with them.  A small tap with Wally saw me around early and it was pretty sketchy after that.
Race 2 I swapped to hard and a small suspension change which felt better with a more consistent race.  Race 3 was looking good as I chased down a 4 sec gap
to Wally who was fighting with AGK but to no avail as I spun as soon as I caught them.
Do like the track just didn't put it together.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2020, 11:34:51 PM »

I hear ya , was tempted to do the same , but I was to stubborn and didn't want to let the track win. Track won 3 - 0.

Sorry dave it was my bad hitting you on one of those tight corners the car does turn enough I was just going to fast for it to turn.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2020, 06:52:04 AM »
Race 1 was a bit lonely after getting airborne.
Race 2 was a good chase of Phil and AGK.
Race 3 was a loooong chase of AGK, every lap less than a second behind him, until I finally got close enough for a tow and managed to just stick a pass on the last lap.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2020, 08:50:23 AM »
I had a good first race with AB taking the lead and making me work hard for the pass. The other two races I got a better start and was able to stay ahead.

I think I'm suited to formula cars for some reason. My first ever pole was in a formula car as was my first ever Tuesday win. Maybe it's my 37 year young reaction times compared to some of you  ;D ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2020, 09:26:49 AM »
I had a good first race with AB taking the lead and making me work hard for the pass. The other two races I got a better start and was able to stay ahead.

I think I'm suited to formula cars for some reason. My first ever pole was in a formula car as was my first ever Tuesday win. Maybe it's my 37 year young reaction times compared to some of you  ;D ;D
I'm nearly 56 now, and I was probably in my early 40s when I started sim racing. I'm sure my reaction times have got worse. Hmmmm... maybe ballast according to age? Ballast = 120 - age*2.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2020, 03:36:31 PM »

I'm nearly 56 now, and I was probably in my early 40s when I started sim racing. I'm sure my reaction times have got worse. Hmmmm... maybe ballast according to age? Ballast = 120 - age*2.
About to crack 55 so I second that motion for Ballast!  :)

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2020, 07:51:43 PM »
I hit 70 this year  ::) those last couple of posts basically sum up why I don't race much anymore  ;) ???
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2020, 09:11:32 PM »
Well, expected to see myself at the bottom end of the grid, but somehow I figured out how to get around this track.
Once you get a bit of a feel for where to brake and what line to take this track is actually fun.
In race one I gave Wally an easy pass. I was distracted by I don't even know what, forgot where I was and slowed down at a spot where it wasn't necessary...haha...getting old too ;)
Otherwise quite a bit of good, close racing with Phil.
Lost a few positions in race 2 due to the incident with ab156, but luckily enough damage was probably just minor...guess the front wing may have suffered a bit.
So I went for a chase for Wally and got him at the end of the race, but no chances to pass.
Yeah, age ballast, good idea...would get my vote as well  ;)
Cheers

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 10:27:50 PM »
I hit 70 this year  ::) those last couple of posts basically sum up why I don't race much anymore  ;) ???
Still good to see you on track Dave regardless of where!

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2020, 10:23:30 AM »
I think this track stinks ( I don't mean the visuals either I just don't like the layout), I was about 5 secs off mid pack in practice so didn't bother racing.
Sorry, but this is going to happen a lot because I'm finding the older I get, the less patience I have.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal