Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Post-Race Chat  (Read 13799 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Post-Race Chat
« on: April 10, 2018, 06:19:10 PM »
Congratulations to the season winner, Matthew, who hung on despite a late charge from Phil.8.

1. Matthew.111, 1068 points
2. Phil.8, 962
3. Grat, 849

Congratulations to the 3 podium finishers.  Phil always does well in cars he hates ;)

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Phil.8   200
Kcender87   183
Shayne   168
Matthew111   157
Keith   152
Freezer   142
Jeremy   140
RussG   131
Bacchulum   120
ab156   78
buellersdayoff   63
Mael   62
Wally   59
JamieP   18
Dave O   16
Dadio   15
Phil   13
Simone   9
killagorilla   0

Congratulations to Phil.8 on both race wins and the round win, and to Matthew on pole.

Penalties
Race 1 - none.

Race 2 - Russ and Shayne had a side-to-side contact which sent Russ off track – racing incident as no driver was clearly at fault (maybe fractionally more Russ as he was the one trying to make the pass, but he ended up worse off anyway).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:30:09 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
Re: S21R7: New Jersey Motorsport Park Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:03:49 PM »
best racing for a long time there with matt - i had ... erm...brake fade .... at the end of race one and had a light coming together at turn one but race two was magic with 2 mistakes resulting in 2 swapped places then ruined tyres for me defending a rather fast matt behind - not sure what happened under the bridge on the last lap though :S

good season - see yall in the v10s :)

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 10:07:57 PM »
Might post a full review later, Just wanted to jump on for two quick things.

1. Sorry to killagorilla if I messed up Race 1.  Keith was a bit slow onto the straight but I wasn't quite in a position to pass into T1 and tapped his rear and was trying to leave room for him to rejoin.  Suspect this left you nowhere to go.
2. Awesome season.  Never really got a decent result but the quality of racing was great.  Ended up really enjoying this car, sad to see it go.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:26:46 PM by ab156 »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 10:12:59 PM »
See Wally? Nobody missed me ;)

Jokes aside: as predicted, I got back very late from work and so there was no choice. Glad to hear it was a good night for most. I can report that I had a very good time trying the SF70H last Sunday and plan to try something else next weekend too. Will keep an eye on proposals for next season.

Cheers all!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 10:17:33 PM »
Season champion announced in the 1st post!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »
also - anyone got a race 2 replay laying about?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 10:41:41 PM »
Race 1 was *$&%*$% - I went from my best result last round to my worst result - 15th. It started off well with some side by side laps with Bueller, but then a few laps in I ran wide exiting turn 1, clipped the grass and slid across the track into the barrier. Then I did about 200 donuts for the next half a lap on cold, dirty tyres trying to get back on track facing the right direction. That left me last and almost a full lap down from the leaders. I stuck it out, and only passed Phil, Dadio when they had their own offs. I got lapped by Matthew and Kcender, following them until their turn 1 coming together.

Race 2 was much better, all going nicely with some good racing, ending up under big mirror pressure from ab156 again, like last round. Then on lap 18 I came across Bueller off track - I guessed to pass him on the right, then changed to the left as he was rolling from left to right across the track, but then he braked or stopped and I clipped him on the left. That was enough to break my windscreen and give me a little bit of bent steering which was a little offputting in some of the corners, enough to let ab156 and Bacchulum pass when I had some poor corners.

I really enjoyed the car, with lots of close racing throughout the season. I found the car very responsive actually - you could really balance it between understeer and oversteer with careful throttle application.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 12:17:48 AM »
Another slightly disappointing round results wise for me. As usual though, just starting to get a good feel of the car by the end of the season. Really good racing with the few guys I had been chasing or close to in the packs, but my own mistakes cost me...
Q. Hoping for a decent round with fairly good time inside top 10.
R1. Lap 1, Hanging on the outside of someone over the hump and went out on the grass after we rubbed doors and dropped a couple of spots, it put me off a bit and went really wide on the last turn and ended up last. Pushed on with some good battles and some positions gained.
R2. Similar story lose some positions because of mistakes, gain some back lol. Sorry Wally, I think I got a tyre on the grass on the exit of the hairpin, huge tank slap and headed for the wall on the inside. Kept it off the wall but headed back for the track. I knew you guys weren't too far behind so I had the brakes locked hoping I wouldn't go back on track, but I think I ended up right in the middle of it. Wasn't sure if I should gas it and get it off the other side or not, split second decision I hoped being stopped would make it easier for you guys to get by.
I was feeling more confident in the car and really hoping for a couple of top ten finishes but even though my consistency is getting better, my mistakes are costly and still too often, really sorry to anyone who caused grief with my mistakes. Thanks for a great season Wally (sorry)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 07:45:09 AM »
Yeah, that was just a tough situation. When you're rolling backwards onto the track, it's a hard call what to do in the split second. I probably would have slammed on the brakes too just to try to be stationary.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 08:40:16 AM »
Easily my best round by a three-fold margin. :o

Think I might have worked out how to drive this POS. :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 11:10:00 AM »
Easily my best round by a three-fold margin. :o

Think I might have worked out how to drive this POS. :-X
That's what normally happens by the last round of a season. Maybe the seasons should be longer (although variety is the spice of life).

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »
No, no, no Wally, don't worry about me.
It's definitely time for a new car. :-*

I think it was more track specific than me conquering the car. :-[

2+2=√16

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 03:46:21 PM »
race 1 q was harder than it needed to be, i had a 3 sec lead to kcender but then a lapped car thought i was racing them and blocked me for 2 laps so my lead was gone and i then had to battle off kcender for the lead until he out braked himself and sent us spinning lol..

Race 2 was impossible i had so much stuttering for some reason, i dont think it would of effected people behind me so i battled on with it and was able to hold pace, went off at t2 as it was so bad i couldnt see my brake marker so kcender got me but i was determined to keep fighting no idea how i kept it on the road half the time, my pc timed all the stutters perfectly for when i was either entering a quick turn or side by side with kcender lol anyway was still fun, had a run on kcender on the last lap but going under the bridge it stuttered again and i braked super late because of it and went way off into the outfield and somehow got a cut track and a 10 sec pen lol...
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal