Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763802 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #810 on: July 25, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »
It will be interesting to see if ballast can be set on the fly easily enough, so for instance between races.
I can make it so! That's what I used to do in netKar. I would presume it will be an entry list setting per car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 25, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »
Ballast  :o sounds good to me  :)
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 29, 2015, 01:09:07 PM »
Just watched a little of the live stream and Stefano said 1.2 is only a couple days away, this should be quite an interesting update in most aspects so I will be interested in this one.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 30, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »
http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-july-development-update

"Kunos Simulazioni have released a development update on their Assetto Corsa simulation, addressing the upcoming 1.2 release and more.

Yes, we know. Lately we left you a bit alone. We understand that lack of news can give a wrong impression, but we have never gone away. We had an awesome experience at E3, that has followed the announcement of Assetto Corsa on console for next year, and we came back with a lot of exciting new opportunities for Assetto Corsa. We are working on more than 30 new cars and new tracks that are being produced for all formats, as well as a completely new interface and new and improved features. It is obvious that the Assetto Corsa project grows more and more and so we decided to enlarge our team, and in the last six weeks we hired new talented people to help us on our task even more. These activities have required all our attention, in order to organise the workflow of the next months. Contemporary, we paid a visit to Brands Hatch circuit for our Laserscan survey of the track, and we also visited the McLaren Technology Centre, as well as the Ferrari Factory. We have exciting news to share about the reasons of these journeys and we will keep you updated in the following months.

In the meantime, after some testing made during the 24H race weekend, we have started to use a new technology and approach to record sounds, directly at Vallelunga race circuit, where our HQ is located. More details will be revealed soon, but we think you will appreciate the new level of sound environment we are achieving.

As you can see, despite of the lack of news, we are working hard behind the scenes. The free bonus pack will not introduce only new exciting content but, more importantly, new features and sensible improvements, in all sectors: artificial intelligence, physics, multiplayer features, graphics and general performance.

The changelog will give you only a rough idea of what you will find under the hood. The updates related to the physics engine and force feedback will allow you to appreciate even more the new cars included in the bonus pack and rediscover the old ones. Our aim is to guarantee you the best driving experience whichever car model you choose to drive, and we continuously work hard to tweak, update and refresh all the previous content available in Assetto Corsa. Other features are a small preview of the updates that will arrive in future, like for example, the glowing brakes,frequently asked by our fans. That is another reason why we taken more time to complete and test the new build.

Regarding the selection of the new cars, the Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde will join the fight versus the 500 Abarth EsseEsse and can also teach a thing or two against some older RWD machinery; the Audi Quattro is a legendary car so loved by car enthusiasts. When it was presented everybody else was struggling to put on the road around 200bhp. The Audi had over 300bhp and 4 wheel drive in the mid 80s! Not enough? We give also a tuned step1 version with locked differentials and “moar powaaah”! The Lamborghini Miura SV is one of the most beautiful car ever created and welcomes the Automobili Lamborghini Brand in Assetto Corsa. It defined the term supercar back in the 60s and now we give you the opportunity to drive this million value piece of car history . The Toyota GT86 has been developed in cooperation with RSR Nurburg, that knows each single secret of this modern hachi-roku (eighty six), a car that makes every car enthusiast yell with excitement and every tyre tremble with fear. Our developers tried hard to learn every aspect of the car dynamics. Some tyres have been sacrificed for the cause… Last but not least, the Nissan GT-R Nismo doesn’t need to be introduced: reproducing its dynamic behaviour has been a true and exciting challenge, due to active central differential and the well known performances on the Nordschleife. Thanks to the precious support of RSR Nurburg, the help of engineers that work on the car from around the world and our own research, we have been able to replicate the “Godzilla” at its best.
When? VERY soon!
The simulation’s 1.2 update is expected to be released soon, containing the free Bonus DLC pack that will introduce the Circuitpark Zandvoort to Assetto Corsa.

The Bonus Pack will also include the Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde, Audi Sport Quattro, Lamborghini Miura as well as the Nissan Nismo GT-R, giving road car fans plenty of new toys to play with.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:49:45 AM by Gratulin »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 31, 2015, 06:09:11 PM »
Apparently 1.2 will be released tonight.

Is it wrong of me to forsake a visit from my mother this weekend?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 31, 2015, 06:29:34 PM »
It's your duty to do so.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 31, 2015, 06:55:25 PM »

Tonight normally means 1am or something tomorrow for us. There are always people looking for grid girls so maybe your mom and Rolz "boss" can put on some lycra and stand over your with a brolly.  ;D

Rolz

« Reply #817 on: July 31, 2015, 06:57:15 PM »

Tonight normally means 1am or something tomorrow for us. There are always people looking for grid girls so maybe your mom and Rolz "boss" can put on some lycra and stand over your with a brolly.  ;D

Haha... my fiancé is a grid girl... awesome! She'd love that :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 31, 2015, 07:40:39 PM »

Haha... my fiancé is a grid girl... awesome! She'd love that :)

So.... why are you ever playing computer games?

Rolz

« Reply #819 on: July 31, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »
The same reason all the rest of u do... the love of it :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 01, 2015, 09:09:54 AM »
1.2 is out with ballast.  I've got some work to do :)

Interestingly you can also now force the virtual mirror to be on online. I might consider that, for safety's sake.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 01, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »
I will take a look when I get home this arvo, all my servers will be down until then as I pressed one too many snooze buttons in the morning to give me time to set them up before I had to go.

Reading the forums seems all good except time progression still not there in server? I remember this was mentioned as coming in the last few major updates but still been left behind.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 01, 2015, 09:40:07 AM »
Yeah, I can't se anything about time progression. You can set the weather though, including ambient and road temp, which is nice.

This is what I always used to use for the netKar league races - real weather forecast: http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/Italy/Vallelunga-Circuit.aspx
Vallelunga is 33° on Tuesday, for example, and clear. And so it will be on-track too!
Although there, I could also set the rain accordingly, which was a blast.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 01, 2015, 10:20:41 AM »
Every time they say weather I think rain. ;D :(

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 01, 2015, 11:49:54 AM »
I had a few races this morning and have had multiple CTD's.  Usually, when a race finishes, but has happened during a session as well.

I noticed a change in time, whether and temp between sessions which was really cool.  Went from sunny to overcast.  I'd never driven with it overcast and gloomy but looked good.

The Toyota GT86 is a great little car.  I think it will provide some great racing, as the M235i has.  It almost feels like an arcade car it just goes wherever you point it, even more so than the M235i.

Zandvoort is cool as well.  I had some brilliant races with the GT86 @ Zandvoort.

One thing I wouldn't recommend though, which I thought would be the case for a while, is locking people out of joining a server when it's in a race.  Everyone empties pretty quickly and not many join as the majority of the time a server is being raced on and no-one can get in.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:51:26 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal