Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763481 times)

Rolz

Re: AC News
« Reply #1005 on: March 31, 2016, 07:13:31 AM »
wow - lots to take in!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 31, 2016, 07:49:51 AM »
Dev diary 3/3

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-v1-5-dev-diary-part-3-3.31436/

Lots of tyre model heating and compound behaviour changes. And time progression in MP.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 31, 2016, 07:51:57 AM »
”Python changes:

- isCarInPitline(carId)”

!!!

Does a happy dance :D

They also expose surfaceGrip to apps now, so we'll be able to see the grip level on track.

”Fixed FuelLapEvaluation function” - this should hopefully fix the incorrect ” laps per fuel ” calculations.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:56:36 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
AC News
« Reply #1008 on: March 31, 2016, 09:07:57 AM »
http://www.assettocorsa.net/ac-v1-5-dev-diary-part-33/

Direct link to Website diary post 3/3.

New built-in tire app being provided: "To help you with choosing the correct compound and keeping under control the tyres temperature, we are working on a new “Tyres” app that has been added to the list of system apps included with Assetto Corsa. The new app shows real-time information about core and surface tyre temperatures, pressure, wear and provides basic graphical feedback of the general grip level of the tyre."

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 31, 2016, 09:13:05 AM »
"Visible damage has been introduced on opponent cars in Multiplayer races, adding to the immersion of online sessions.
Time progression has also been added to the Multiplayer game mode, meaning that light conditions are no longer static during Multiplayer races, and time progresses the same way it does in Single Player modes. The feature brings an increased level of realism and immersion to online sessions.In addition, general improvements and optimization have also been made to the Multiplayer mode."

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 31, 2016, 09:15:21 AM »
"The production of the Spielberg A1 Ring circuit has already started, and our plan is to release the new laser-scanned circuit in time for the Formula 1 race weekend (July 3) to allow AC users to “taste” and enjoy the race even more."

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 31, 2016, 09:18:36 AM »
Futures:

"Work is underway to create a function called “Quick Menu”, which will enable the user to control software functions while in the car without resorting to mouse or keyboard.
Designed to allow to pre-selected pitstop operations (tyres, fuel etc.) before reaching the pits, the new system could also be expanded to offer necessary controls in VR, a scenario that is not currently possible to support via the existing mouse-driven GUI, opening the possibility for full car setups, pit and game operations to be accessible for VR users."

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 31, 2016, 09:40:04 AM »
They also said they will be working on brake temperature for an upcoming update.

The biggest problem is the tyre temps so I hope this upgrade fixes tyres that won't heat up.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 31, 2016, 07:28:20 PM »
"The production of the Spielberg A1 Ring circuit has already started, and our plan is to release the new laser-scanned circuit in time for the Formula 1 race weekend (July 3) to allow AC users to “taste” and enjoy the race even more."

I'm hoping it won't be like the mod version I have that suffers a big drop in FPS when the "bull" is in view  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #1015 on: April 01, 2016, 10:52:44 AM »
"Visible damage has been introduced on opponent cars in Multiplayer races, adding to the immersion of online sessions...."

always liked rFactor with high damage and rolling the car, you had to "virtually squat down" to see out of the crushed windscreen, or look over the damaged bonnet!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 01, 2016, 10:55:43 AM »
Ran the update early morning before work, all looks good and all the mod apps I am running are working fine without issues still. The servers been updated with the prac server as it was except I just added a few cars to make the track up to its 30 car limit. Here is the new Vallelunga layout running with Cherno who was also up to test some combos with me.

Cars all felt nice and even with ABS off on the street cars they seemed much better then in the past, seems braking has been improved a fair bit or at least it has been in the corvette and mustang. In the past running street cars with ABS off was pretty pointless, now still locks inside fronts a bit on hard braking but seemed quite easy to get it back with some brake pedal pumping.

Seeing the other cars damage was nice, the new tyre app is interesting and was well needed. Time progression was hard to notice in shorter runs, the few tracks I tried were great. Nurburgring sprint GT chicane and Nordschleife VLN layout is amazing. They really did a great job updating both the GT and Nords loops. The new Vallelunga layout is only 1 straight that cuts out the long hairpin in the middle and adds a nice tricky fast left hander instead of taking that corner very slow in 2nd on the modern gp layout.

The new track we only ran the short layout in the slow abarth, interesting and very different. Its more freeway then highway and a bit more NFS if anything but actually quite a fun layout. The backfires in the GT cars looks great and overall everything seemed pretty good. We did some bumping and not sure if its improved but there were no weird collisions between us able to bump along a bit. Overall seems a pretty big step forward, I havent tried a pit stop to see if anything has changed there yet but will give it a bit more of a run later.

Rolz

« Reply #1017 on: April 01, 2016, 12:01:00 PM »
can't wait to get on after work  ;D

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 01, 2016, 12:24:08 PM »
I must have missed this if it was mentioned in the dev diaries, but there's now a Volumes app so you can change volumes of everything while in car. To me this is THE BEST part of the update!

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 01, 2016, 12:44:16 PM »
Practicing with the AI at Barby and they are stopping dead in the middle of the track everywhere...... :-\ ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal