Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763336 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2014, 12:26:15 PM »
And his comments about simulating the computer systems in the Nissan GTR - a computer simulating a computer!! You could just bypass the whole thing and drive the computer...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2014, 01:05:59 PM »
Dick won't like it when he says about the damage "there will be no bits coming off the car".

It's really great to be a part AC though - a small and passionate team that are clearly about substance over style.

Offline arc d'wraith

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 12, 2014, 02:38:54 PM »
came across this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqo_SDyWuqM[/youtube]

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 12, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »
And his comments about simulating the computer systems in the Nissan GTR - a computer simulating a computer!! You could just bypass the whole thing and drive the computer...

Quite so!  I like to simulate real life by pretending to go to work and do the things that I normally do in real life.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 12, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »
From the post earlier in this thread:

"Obviously the already graet physics have been re-implemented, the graphics and sound assets have been updated and are now completely compatible with Assetto Corsa new graphics and sound engine."

"Already great" and "reimplemented" sounds to me like they've kept the physics. Maybe I'm wrong.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 12, 2014, 04:21:59 PM »
I must have read it wrong earlier, I thought they said they were going to update it.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 12, 2014, 04:30:01 PM »

"Obviously the already graet physics have been re-implemented, the graphics and sound assets have been updated and are now completely compatible with Assetto Corsa new graphics and sound engine."

"Already great" and "reimplemented" sounds to me like they've kept the physics. Maybe I'm wrong.

I read 'great'and 'reimplemented' as a politically correct way of saying 'shit' and 'rebuilt'

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 12, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »

I read 'great'and 'reimplemented' as a politically correct way of saying 'shit' and 'rebuilt'

You might be right!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 12, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »

Fingers crossed on that.  ;D

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 13, 2014, 10:00:32 AM »
The press release was 2 weeks ago?
Stephano said the RC will be released 'in the next few days' it's been quite a few days. They mention they ate keen to close this chapter and move on to DLC projects. Waiting for Fridays to launch crap seems counterintuitive to that process.
They are Italian though so I suspect they are also  superstitious so that might cause a delay as well.

Would really like to see them release the RC today.

It's also kinda odd to have a press release and not give a firm release date of the final product.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 13, 2014, 10:56:57 AM »
Did you watch that interview floating around? It's quite interesting. There, they were talking about "a few weeks". They also said they don't have a firm release date. It's probably "when it's ready".

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 13, 2014, 11:18:13 AM »
There may still be some odd issue they are trying to resolve, I think they want the rc to hopefully be good enough to go through without many fixes. Thats why they had the internal beta a few weeks ago, still more users in the open rc will likely come up with more issues.

I was kind of hoping we get if before tomorrow nite so we can race the fun nite on some new content. Maybe try a pitstop gt race at spa and also give the new server build a good test.

Looking unlikely atm so will need to finalise what we will race and put up some dl links tonight unless kunos beat me to it.  ;D

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 13, 2014, 11:32:04 AM »
In that interview, which is two weeks old now. He talks about the final release being 'weeks away' not months.  He also says the RC version will be 'released in the next few days'
Again, the interview was two weeks ago.

I'm counting on the RC to be released this week or guybrush will eat my underpants.

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 13, 2014, 06:09:06 PM »
November for 1.0 or severe eating of the under-pant.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 13, 2014, 07:02:53 PM »
November for 1.0 or severe eating of the under-pant.

Maybe if its not out by November we can ship some underpants to Vallelunga so they can have a feast. No washing them until then, maybe we just all forward them to Wally's place and he can do the final handl8ng and shipping while attaching xgn logo's.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal