Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R5: Monza Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R5: Monza Pre-Race Chat  (Read 27838 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S7R5: Monza Pre-Race Chat
« on: June 16, 2015, 10:11:35 PM »
Because of IPAS charge draining issues in the P1 here, for this round only, everyone will drive the Ferrari.

This is the round where we all swap to the other car for the remainder of the season.

Entry List
Bacchulum
Bafs17
christopheraser
Freezer
Gratulin
Grubbet
Guybrush Threepwood
Imperious
JamieP
Jeremy
Joe
Marty
Matthew111
Phil.8
RJM
Rob
Rolz
Shameless
Simone
StanDaam
UnFknBLievable
Vipergod
Wally
Ysu
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:28:59 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: S7R5: Monza Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 10:50:04 PM »
Wally, I'm going to sit out the rest of this season. I like driving these cars - just not in a race!!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:38:26 AM »
Wally, I'm going to sit out the rest of this season. I like driving these cars - just not in a race!!
I'm thinking a similar move; I like the Fezza in any situation. But not the P1.  Too low, need to push buttons all the time, etc...I'm here to have fun, not to struggle in a car I don't like :/

Add to that, I hate Monza with a passion. :)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:06:59 AM »
I hate Monza with a passion. :)
Love Ferrari but hate Monza!! That's just wrong!! Thats like saying 'I love olives but hate fetta', sooo wrong town!!  ;D
(Did I mention I've been to Monza!!  :D)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 09:19:53 AM »
This is the race we switch cars right? Can someone explain what DRS is actually doing and when I should be using it?  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 11:18:36 AM »
This is the race we switch cars right? Can someone explain what DRS is actually doing and when I should be using it?  :o

DRS just drops the rear wing to reduce drag, press the button as soon as your on the straight or even sooner just after apex in some turns to get the rear end loose and avoid understeer. The only way DRS is disabled is when you press the brake.

I'm thinking a similar move; I like the Fezza in any situation. But not the P1.  Too low, need to push buttons all the time, etc...I'm here to have fun, not to struggle in a car I don't like :/

Add to that, I hate Monza with a passion. :)

Nice try Bird trying to keep the fastest car all season  ;) the p1 is a fun car to drive but passing any ferrari in it is far from easy. Monza surely will be the ferraris turf too along with mugello. P1 DRS is quite handy but even with it activated it still gives up speed down any straight and its quite a bit trickier into corners. Use TC or left foot brake holding some throttle on entry in that sim only style will also deplete the battery.

No idea what mid america motoplex is and donnington will likely favour the p1.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 12:47:41 PM »
Mid America is sort of middle of the road. Not particularly fast, not particularly twisty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 01:43:45 PM »
Is that road america or another track? Ive never heard of it or seen the track in AC yet.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 01:48:35 PM »
Is that road america or another track? Ive never heard of it or seen the track in AC yet.

No, its a different track, one I'd never heard of.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mid-america-motorplex.6123/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:50:33 PM by Wally »

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 12:29:13 AM »
I'm away on holidays next Monday. I will see you the following week.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 09:00:17 AM »
Can someone explain what DRS is actually doing and when I should be using it?  :o
You probably have it sussed by now but for anyone else switching over to the P1:
Go to Settings-->Controls-->Secondary and assign a button on your wheel for your DRS
Then get in game, in car and in the options down the right side of the screen, fire up the 'Electronics' to make sure your DRS is working.
Then press F1 or F2 until you find the rear view camera and just use that forever!!! Button then Brake!! Button then Brake!! Be Amazed!!
 :P

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 09:21:38 AM »
Gunna get ma post numbers up!!  ;D

Now about this dodgy P1... After the race on Tuesday, Jeremy was talking about the 'charge' display in car. So I dids a little bit of testing and it looks like he's right. I too seem to have this problem.
If you go in car view, on the right hand side of the dash is the 'Charge' display which starts out on 4 green bars and everything is working well. I then go out in hot lap mode, switch off all possible battery drains, ABS off, TC off, and don't even use DRS. After about 5 laps my 4 green bars have disappeared and when they go, you lose power. A lot of power... at least 20k's of power in the straights. Using the ghost car in hot laps clearly shows the difference.
I also tried this on the server and it seems to be the same.
Any one else notice this?  :'(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 09:38:58 AM »
Stan is it possible your a left foot braker and hold some throttle on braking? If the batteries recharge on coast that technique is going to greatly reduce recharge. If the battery recharges on coast then you dont want to hold any throttle into the brake zone. I right foot brake with no tc and have never had any problems with battery charge over any race distance in the p1 yet.

I dont think ABS is a battery drain either just more likely if you dont fully lift off throttle on braking. Also I tend to threshold brake even with ABS on so it really doesnt kick in much but if your flooring the brake it could also be more of a drain if ABS is in use.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 09:55:14 AM »
Yeah I am a left foot braker...
And if I do have ABS available I'm flooring the brake pedal...
Any good news?
 :'(

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 09:59:04 AM »
Haven't given the P1 a try yet but will give it a go tonight. I'm a right foot braker so will see what happens for me. Got my GTEye spring this week so planning on putting that in tonight  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal