Xtreme Gaming Network

Poll: Season 15 Cars

Poll

What car do you want to drive in season 15?

Ferrari F138
14 (35.9%)
Tatuus Formula Abarth FA01
5 (12.8%)
Praga R1
20 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Poll: Season 15 Cars  (Read 41493 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Season 15 Cars
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 11:29:37 PM »
is there any issue or want of running a mixed car season?  so that we aren't just using 1 car all season.. for example.. 1 race in the praga. next week race in the f138 .. and so on. maybe in keeping with the style/type of car but just something different either every race of ever 1-3 races.. just to mix things up ?
I wouldn't want to swap these cars at all.
One is really fast and a great challenge to drive
One is a challenge and fun to drive
One is a bit of a pushy dog that feels like a sedan.

IMO, It's much better to swap cars that are more similar, but still have different characteristics.

I take it that your rating the Praga as a pushy dog that feels like a sedan. I want your sedan if it handles like that thing ;) but obviously comparing to a modern f1 car and a high aero low powered open wheel car it will feel like a bus. Compare it to an actual sedan then the praga is on rails.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 12:13:35 AM »
Just my 2 cents worth.. I can come last in any vehicle  ;D but seeing as the poll is really quite close, it would seem
there's good support for all the cars hence I would go along with Shameless with a 3 car season but maybe make
it a 9 week season with 1st 3 weeks in the Praga 2nd 3 weeks in the Tatus building up to the Ferrari for the last 3
weeks. Just a thought I'll go along with what ever is selected.  Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 06:03:04 AM »
I wouldn't want to change these cars throughout the season. Whichever one wins, wins and that's what we should stick with I feel. Certainly looking like people want the F1's this season currently.
I've actually just signed up for a F1 league in iRacing as well, looks like I might be getting A LOT of time in an F1 car for the next few months.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 07:24:38 AM »
There won't be any car swapping this season. Like doobs said, it only makes sense to me to swap cars in a multi-make season, like in the Jap pack season or the GT3s. Otherwise you might as well just start a new season.

To me personally, both the Praga and the Ferrari are great, and the Tatuus is pretty boring.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 10:45:55 AM »

I take it that your rating the Praga as a pushy dog that feels like a sedan. I want your sedan if it handles like that thing ;) but obviously comparing to a modern f1 car and a high aero low powered open wheel car it will feel like a bus. Compare it to an actual sedan then the praga is on rails.

Yeah, I compared it to the other two Marty. I drove them all with stock setup and the Praga was pushy and boring......Just like a sedan. :)

Edit: I've changed my mind. With stock setups I formed an opinion based on one track. Different track usage has led me to agree with Wally somewhat although I think the Ferrari is a long way in front of the Praga, the Tatuus is the ugly sister.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:32:35 AM by doobs »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 11:55:07 AM »
I find the Formula Abarth to be annoyingly twitchy for something that really isn't all that powerful. I really enjoy driving the Praga, I found that after a little setup tweaking it's really easy to drive pretty close to the limit. I haven't had much experience with the F138 but I expect to probably not even be able to manage a clean lap of anything in it though and will most likely sit out a season of those.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2016, 12:23:40 PM »
Seeing we have already had a season in the tatuus it seems an odd option but I think will take my vote.  ;)

The f138 may be better if it would be possible to have proper drs with the 1 second rule. Or anoter option as a kind of ballast could be that everyone could use DRS except for the race leader as a kind of race leveler.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2016, 12:51:05 PM »
Seeing we have already had a season in the tatuus it seems an odd option but I think will take my vote.  ;)

The f138 may be better if it would be possible to have proper drs with the 1 second rule. Or anoter option as a kind of ballast could be that everyone could use DRS except for the race leader as a kind of race leveler.
The Tatuus season was literally years ago when the membership was also different.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2016, 08:29:12 PM »
The f138 is quite forgiving, its the s15t that is a pain...
do you even motorsports?

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2016, 10:39:17 AM »
I find the Formula Abarth to be annoyingly twitchy for something that really isn't all that powerful. I really enjoy driving the Praga, I found that after a little setup tweaking it's really easy to drive pretty close to the limit. I haven't had much experience with the F138 but I expect to probably not even be able to manage a clean lap of anything in it though and will most likely sit out a season of those.

You'll be able to drive it AJ. Maybe like me you won't be as fast as others, but it's not a hard car to drive and a lot of fun even if you end up by yourself. That's why I prefer the faster open wheelers, not because I think I'm a great driver, but I end up normally driving by myself a lot and trying to improve my lap times is a lot more interesting in them compared to more sedate, slower reaction cars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2016, 11:54:12 AM »
Yes the F138 is quite forgiving and stable, really. I could jump straight into it and do clean, if not necessarily the fastest, laps.

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2016, 10:08:58 PM »
Lotus 49 all the way :) Unforgiving, hard and no down force to hide your mistakes :D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »
Lotus 49 all the way :) Unforgiving, hard and no down force to hide your mistakes :D
Next  ;D

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2016, 10:19:07 PM »
f138 is much more accessible then you may think, its fairly similar to the 919 but for ultimate pace setup will play a reasonably big part. Setups for it will possibly be shared via stracker as always and there are possibly some to find online too. Its a car that for many tracks a good base will do fairly well with not massive changes to it needed for similar types of tracks. Going from a high speed low aero to high aero slower track will maybe need a fairly different approach.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 08:02:16 AM »
Yes the F138 is quite forgiving and stable, really. I could jump straight into it and do clean, if not necessarily the fastest, laps.
IMHO the F138 is not really forgiving and stable but I haven't figured this sim out yet! I can't just jump straight in and post clean laps, atm I can't even complete 1 clean lap 😜. I tried the other night without driver aids and it is very hard to drive but that's the way I like it, a challenge to get it going fast and be able to stay clean and on the island!! It sounds incredible, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand and it's a complete animal 🚀.

Have you tried the sf15t ;) in comparison the f138 is pretty tame and a fairly straightforward basic f1 car. You do have kers and DRS but you don't need to control all the other electronics. It also doesn't have as much torque and a bit more aero so its kind of in between the 919 and sf15t I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal