Xtreme Gaming Network

Ferrari F138 at Hockenheimring: Post Race

Author Topic: Ferrari F138 at Hockenheimring: Post Race  (Read 15900 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Ferrari F138 at Hockenheimring: Post Race
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 10:07:53 AM »
Must say I was dissapointed!

I didnt see the mess in race 1 but like the video with Wally getting hit. That was simply caused by for some reason the 2 behind thinking they can pass Wally there 3 wide. Its just not going to happen, after he was spun everyone behind that ended up crashing at that corner.

People just need to leave room and make moves they have some hope of actually completing cleanly. I will take a look at the race 1 hairpin incident later but expect it was much the same if not worse then in race 2. If you dont think you can make the move clean back out and try again later, rather then ruin your race and those around you.  ;)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »
I learned just enough to decide that I will skip a season of these cars :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 10:24:09 AM »
What I saw at the hairpin was a bunch of people outbraking themselves. :-\
Probably no consideration for low grip/full tanks/cold brakes.

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 10:37:25 AM »
Sorry for the hit in race 2 Seanus - I was gaining fast on you, I could see that MG (I think) was closing fast on me from behind - it was too much for my brain to handle at once and I ran into the back of you.
Wasn't me closing on you Wally, I got taken out at the T4 hairpin in race 1 and I didn't feel like waiting around for 40 odd minutes for race 2 so I left the server and didn't return. The start and what I was part of in race 1 was pretty bad, people crashing everywhere and no room was given at all! I get to the hairpin and I stayed out to the left as far as I could go so that there was plenty of room on the inside of my car if drivers wanted to pass but I still got reamed by someone and pushed into about 3 other cars and that was my race done, suspension was finished, no front or rear wing, tried to get it fixed but it was no use as the car just wouldn't turn without spinning after that (I guess they couldn't replace the rear wing in the pits) Must say I was dissapointed!
you have lots to say on everything don't you

edit

Just to clarify, I don't mind, I like people with opinions,  keeps me entertained
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:41:05 AM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 10:46:11 AM »
Sorry for the hit in race 2 Seanus - I was gaining fast on you, I could see that MG (I think) was closing fast on me from behind - it was too much for my brain to handle at once and I ran into the back of you.
Wasn't me closing on you Wally, I got taken out at the T4 hairpin in race 1 and I didn't feel like waiting around for 40 odd minutes for race 2 so I left the server and didn't return. The start and what I was part of in race 1 was pretty bad, people crashing everywhere and no room was given at all! I get to the hairpin and I stayed out to the left as far as I could go so that there was plenty of room on the inside of my car if drivers wanted to pass but I still got reamed by someone and pushed into about 3 other cars and that was my race done, suspension was finished, no front or rear wing, tried to get it fixed but it was no use as the car just wouldn't turn without spinning after that (I guess they couldn't replace the rear wing in the pits) Must say I was dissapointed!

I have to point out that that was far from a typical XGN race. We always knew these cars were going to be  very difficult to drive close to others.  It was as much of a learning experience for everyone as anything else.  The difficulty of racing without incident in these cars has to be borne in mind when we think about doing a whole season with a big field. I'm sure that in the latter stages of a season, we'd start to get really good at the F1 cars, knowing a lot more what to expect, but it would take a little blood, sweat and tears to get to that point.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 12:12:19 PM »
An f1 season isnt one you could really just turn up 30 min before qualy and be comfortable so it really needs some time in the car. If not it needs people to drive well within their limits and possibly leave more room then they would want. Mistakes will happen to anyone all everyone can do is try their best and not stress too much over it.

It really just exposes driver errors more and leaves much less margin for error. I think the LMP1 cars are more maneagable for the back of the field then the f1 cars in general. They have slower cornering speeds, TC and can be raced in a mixed field with gt cars ao those not comfortable in lmp1 could drive the gt field.

I still hope for a proper f1 season and possibly if there are enough people around we could even run 2 leagues on a tuesday during a f1 season. Have a lower spec car up for second division and f1 as the main series with the secondary season able to run on the practice server with another guy wanting to not run the f1 being appointed as admin.

Another possibility is as I think it was Russ suggested to run a seperate f1 league along with the real f1 season. Maybe run at each track of the real season the week prior possibly on another night. I would be glad to host this season if enough interest is there and maybe even run full length races if a suitable night could be found.

Many of the tracks tracks arent great but of the conversions normally there is at least a half decent one for each of the rounds.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 12:26:16 PM »
It definitely needed some practice. I put in 211 laps on the practice server, albeit only 80 of them were valid, but that's because I was mainly going for best time. Was a shame I didn't get to finish either race. Still, nowhere near the 399 laps Marty did  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 12:55:40 PM »
And I still had a silly spin lol, of the 399 laps though quite a dew were done there when the red pack first came out as I had that combo on there.   ;)

Offline Max Power

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
Love the vettel commentary!!!

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 10:14:13 PM »
Must say I was dissapointed!

I didnt see the mess in race 1 but like the video with Wally getting hit. That was simply caused by for some reason the 2 behind thinking they can pass Wally there 3 wide. Its just not going to happen, after he was spun everyone behind that ended up crashing at that corner.

People just need to leave room and make moves they have some hope of actually completing cleanly. I will take a look at the race 1 hairpin incident later but expect it was much the same if not worse then in race 2. If you dont think you can make the move clean back out and try again later, rather then ruin your race and those around you.  ;)

No it wasn't Marty, for me it was a lack practice and no idea where my front wing was. I wasn't trying a pass on Wally at all, just trying to stay close, and pass the guy outside me which I was in good position to do. The front end just pushed out a bit and I didn't back off enough not to spin Wally. Whoever was outside me didn't look like they were trying a pass either. Wally also had to slow mid corner for the dude in front of him which put him back into us. Racing incident, Funny Video.

This next bit isn't aimed at you Marty, it's a general comment.
Meh, it was a fun run, the first race in a car that wasn't some slow arse sedan or GT car (In comparison, hell even the pit crew were on speed). If you expected the racing to be of a normal Tuesday night standard you're dreaming. Considering it was the first time competitively in these cars I thought it was alright.

I didn't do much practice of the circuit because of the fact it was Christmas and I had better shit to do. Come the season proper I certainly would, because as slow as I am I don't like to make a dick of myself and spoil others races, when they're official.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 10:33:53 PM »
Lack of practice will be an issue, those cars changed quite a bit from qualy to race fuel. Then add lap 1 being the first lap many have even driven a lap close to anyone its never going to happen. For normal seasons its always good for people to try jump in the prac server not necessarily to just tune the car and find lines but to get some practice in traffic even racing others. Some seem to shy away from wanting to run close to others in practice but its one of the main benefits of the practice server if after all its easy to setup offline if thats what your trying.

In the server you can do that but also see others driving the car, share setups and practice racing others or simply driving close to them. I dont think anyone is hitting anyone on purpose, I have never seen that in even a fun run yet thats reserved for the pub servers lol. Everyone is trying their best just at times with lack of practice it may mean either putting in an extra hour or so or being a bit more cautious early in the race if your not too comfortable. Thats tricky too mid pack though as if you back off too much you will get hit in the rear more often then not in the lower half of the field.

The point of fun runs is we can try some other cars and its not as serious, accidents happen in real racing all the time take the Vettel video I posted earlier and forecast an outcome for Wally much the same. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:38:14 PM by marty »

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 11:50:24 PM »
Lack of practice will be an issue, those cars changed quite a bit from qualy to race fuel. Then add lap 1 being the first lap many have even driven a lap close to anyone its never going to happen. For normal seasons its always good for people to try jump in the prac server not necessarily to just tune the car and find lines but to get some practice in traffic even racing others. Some seem to shy away from wanting to run close to others in practice but its one of the main benefits of the practice server if after all its easy to setup offline if thats what your trying.

In the server you can do that but also see others driving the car, share setups and practice racing others or simply driving close to them. I dont think anyone is hitting anyone on purpose, I have never seen that in even a fun run yet thats reserved for the pub servers lol. Everyone is trying their best just at times with lack of practice it may mean either putting in an extra hour or so or being a bit more cautious early in the race if your not too comfortable. Thats tricky too mid pack though as if you back off too much you will get hit in the rear more often then not in the lower half of the field.

The point of fun runs is we can try some other cars and its not as serious, accidents happen in real racing all the time take the Vettel video I posted earlier and forecast an outcome for Wally much the same. :)

agree 100%  :)  It certainly didn't help me doing practice by myself thinking I was on the server; I must have been concentrating hard on trying to learn the track. I still couldn't get some of it right and didn't have time to even attempt making the setup faster. I blame HTC Vive, Micrsoft Surface Pro and my phone....all of which I broke in a three day period. It seems that trying to organise repair is really difficult over New Year.

Anyway, I"m looking forward to driving the Prada next season and this in another later.

:)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 12:23:25 AM »
Just to see how the Pro's handled these cars in the 2013 season.

Well not all pros as Pastor was on the grid so that accounts for most of the crashes. The other things I got from this video is we really need rain and to race these on street circuits with full damage.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »
Maybe they should try turning damage down to 0%.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

MG

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 07:43:11 AM »
you have lots to say on everything don't you

edit

Just to clarify, I don't mind, I like people with opinions,  keeps me entertained
I was making a comment on what happened to me on what turned out to be a very short race, if you have a problem with my comments here I don't really care, iam not here to entertain you!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:46:14 AM by MG »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal