Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R1: Donington Park GP Post-Race

Author Topic: S21R1: Donington Park GP Post-Race  (Read 12429 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S21R1: Donington Park GP Post-Race
« on: February 27, 2018, 06:13:55 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Grat   200
Phil.8   176
Matthew111   169
Kcender87   138
Jeremy   129
Freezer   121
Shayne   105
Mael   98
RussG   97
Gratulin   45
ab156   36
buellersdayoff   35
Wally   26
Keith   22
Dave O   15
Bacchulum   13
MonstaH   13
Phil   13
Joe   0

Congratulations to Phil.8 on pole, and Grat on the race and overall round wins.

Penalties
Race 1 - None
Race 2 - None
Gratulin did come in a bit hard on ab156 on the final turn, but not too much damage was done to ab156 and he got the spot back by the next corner, so no penalty.

Season Podium
1. Grat, 200 pts
2. Phil.8, 176
3. Matthew.111, 169

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:39:04 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Re: S21R1: Donington Park GP Post-Race
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:26:59 PM »
and im out already.. just had to take some pills.. sorry. enjoy guys
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 10:02:38 PM »
First race started great and was having a good run at the back of a pack then strange issues with cars floating off and ping spike. Pulled over and it resolved itself so carried on going from 5th to 15th, then a few laps later it did it again and I'm in the wall. Rebooted everything.

Second race started in last due to race 1 woes but made up several places. Going quite well and all my monitors turn off and back on again. At that point i'm in the wall the car is a wreck. Seemed like a totally different issue to race one. Just one of those night I guess...

Checked event logs and whether window update was doing anything and nothing so no idea.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:39:36 PM »
Results are up. Well done to Grat on the round win.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 10:40:23 PM »
Fairly respectable night for me.  The main problem all night was my team mate Mael.  He's the last person I want to race with (no offence) cause we are constantly
worried about contact (or at least I am).  He followed me most of the first race and we had a small contact and then wound up with each other again in the second.
I think we were pretty even on times but i kept wondering whether to let him by (multi21).

Also, apologies to those around me at the start of race 2.  My wheel reset in to hyper mode at race start and I was trying to reach down and hit the reset button
whilst on cold tyres in the pack.  I was a bit all over the place and had to give away a few spots to fix it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 10:56:22 PM »
Not a super opening round for me. I was a bit off the pace anyway, qualifying 13 with a little more pace on the softs. In the first race, I unfortunately got turned around by Phil who came into the hairpin too hot, and that cost a few places all the way down to 17th. Then I was caught out by being faster than Dave O down the hill, and when he ran wide at the bottom of the hill, I tried to go right to make a pass but ended up oversteering off the track into the barrier, putting me last. I managed to get back to 15th, but that was worse than I started and not a great result.

Race 2, after watching the replay, I saw what happened with Bueller. Gratulin bumped Bueller into me at the hairpin, and sent Bueller off the track. I wasn't sure what had happened, so I slowed to redress Bueller just in case, but needlessly let 3 cars past. The end of the race was quite intense, some good battling with Bueller and Bacchulum, and between Keith and Phil on degrading tyres. Keith ran wide on the final turn and I managed to sneak past. Came home in 11th, moving up 4, so that was better.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 11:44:51 PM »
Fun racing, only problem was it was my team mate's rear wing I was looking at the whole night!

Just couldn't get my braking into the slow corners right in the first race, especially into the second last hairpin. Apologies to Russ for nearly taking him out, good awareness Russ! And Freezer for the same mistake a few laps later, cost us a lot of positions.  :(  Race two was better, even managed to make a pass or two on Freezer, unfortunately I kept donating the position back to him.

Looks like the midfield battles are going to be good this season.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »
Not a super opening round for me. I was a bit off the pace anyway, qualifying 13 with a little more pace on the softs. In the first race, I unfortunately got turned around by Phil who came into the hairpin too hot, and that cost a few places all the way down to 17th. Then I was caught out by being faster than Dave O down the hill, and when he ran wide at the bottom of the hill, I tried to go right to make a pass but ended up oversteering off the track into the barrier, putting me last. I managed to get back to 15th, but that was worse than I started and not a great result.

Race 2, after watching the replay, I saw what happened with Bueller. Gratulin bumped Bueller into me at the hairpin, and sent Bueller off the track. I wasn't sure what had happened, so I slowed to redress Bueller just in case, but needlessly let 3 cars past. The end of the race was quite intense, some good battling with Bueller and Bacchulum, and between Keith and Phil on degrading tyres. Keith ran wide on the final turn and I managed to sneak past. Came home in 11th, moving up 4, so that was better.
Fun racing, only problem was it was my team mate's rear wing I was looking at the whole night!

Just couldn't get my braking into the slow corners right in the first race, especially into the second last hairpin. Apologies to Russ for nearly taking him out, good awareness Russ! And Freezer for the same mistake a few laps later, cost us a lot of positions.  :(  Race two was better, even managed to make a pass or two on Freezer, unfortunately I kept donating the position back to him.

Looks like the midfield battles are going to be good this season.
Yeah good fun mid field battles! Wally I don't think you needed to redress for that one, gratulin came across at me after he ran wide, all good though it's just racing. These cars though, for me, I can't seem to squeeze that extra bit out of them. Maybe, like usual, towards the end of the season lol.
Also, being back at work I'll only be able to do every second round, thanks guys enjoying it!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 01:17:16 PM »
Yeah good fun mid field battles! Wally I don't think you needed to redress for that one, gratulin came across at me after he ran wide, all good though it's just racing. These cars though, for me, I can't seem to squeeze that extra bit out of them. Maybe, like usual, towards the end of the season lol.
Also, being back at work I'll only be able to do every second round, thanks guys enjoying it!
I think I was trying to leave room but also trying to defend a bit. When I accelerated the car seemed to turn into the centre of the corner hitting Bueller. I also got Bueller, I think it was him, in Race 1. Maybe a good idea to stay clear of me in future Bueller?

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 01:35:32 PM »
I think I was trying to leave room but also trying to defend a bit. When I accelerated the car seemed to turn into the centre of the corner hitting Bueller. I also got Bueller, I think it was him, in Race 1. Maybe a good idea to stay clear of me in future Bueller?
It's all good, racing incident. Both incidents were very similar, in fairness I thought you would have held your line (it's what my crew chief/spotter told me to do lol) not swerve to block with a car next to you. Like I said no big deal I've made some mistakes here too.
Good fun, I noticed the difference in tyres, I ran with soft even though they rooted by the end they were still good under heavy braking. Didn't even bother trying mediums, since last time I switched mid session (F1's) my lap times were killed and I pretty much got left behind lol

Edit: swerve to block, is a bit harsh. I enjoy racing with all you guys and hope to keep it that way...hope I'm not coming across as arrogant...the internet lol
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:41:48 PM by buellersdayoff »

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »
Was quite an enjoyable night, I was a bit tired last night after work and had a bit of a nap when I got home, maybe I was still half asleep during the races since I did get involved in a couple crashes. Sorry ab for the rear ender in race 1, I just couldn't pull up in time. Luckily it was straight on and no one went off track. Also sorry to RussG for the spin, we discussed this after the race but I thought I would throw out another apology anyways.

I don't know how you guys were managing to run the softs for so long. I was feeling that the mediums were quite worn by the end of it and during qualifying I had melted the softs so they were certainly a no go during the race.

I think I had the back end hanging out a bit more then most people, which is probably why my tires were feeling quite old by the end of the races. I had played with the front arb during practice and found a solution to the snap oversteer I was getting originally in this car. Also because of the changes to the arb, I was able to lower the traction control, I was trying to get rid of as much as possible as I felt there was time to gain in the last two corners since the traction control was getting in the way of my corner exits. Also, having next to no traction control made for some exciting driving :D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 02:54:47 PM »
It's all good, racing incident. Both incidents were very similar, in fairness I thought you would have held your line (it's what my crew chief/spotter told me to do lol) not swerve to block with a car next to you. Like I said no big deal I've made some mistakes here too.
Good fun, I noticed the difference in tyres, I ran with soft even though they rooted by the end they were still good under heavy braking. Didn't even bother trying mediums, since last time I switched mid session (F1's) my lap times were killed and I pretty much got left behind lol

Edit: swerve to block, is a bit harsh. I enjoy racing with all you guys and hope to keep it that way...hope I'm not coming across as arrogant...the internet lol
Not arrogant at all and it was a swerve (unintentional)!! I meant to move over a little to block “somewhat” but well before you were beside me. Totally misjudged your acceleration out of the last corner. I think my normal line is across the track down that straight and adding a “little move” turned it into a swerve.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 04:48:40 PM »

Not arrogant at all and it was a swerve (unintentional)!! I meant to move over a little to block “somewhat” but well before you were beside me. Totally misjudged your acceleration out of the last corner. I think my normal line is across the track down that straight and adding a “little move” turned it into a swerve.
I found during the race that if I braked late and deep/wide I could get a good run out of the last two corners and that's also where the soft tyres came in handy, since the fronts weren't completely wrecked near the end of the race, struggled to keep up with everyone through the rest of the circuit 3/4 in

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 05:19:22 PM »
Car was a bit hard to drive off the racing line couldnt really pull off any passes, Got a good start in race 1 and slotted in behind grat where i stayed until the last lap where i got a massive lag spike sending me off the road relegating me to 3rd :( was really hard to capitalise on any little mistakes grat did as the front end wouldnt stick if it was off line for a pass lol and i just didnt have the drive grat had out of turns.

Race 2 was much of the same but behind phil, stayed 3rd till the end this time no lag lol

do you even motorsports?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 05:38:12 PM »
Yes I felt bad for you after leading the whole race to see you go off like that
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal