Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 8

Author Topic: Season 8  (Read 23407 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Season 8
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 09:37:55 PM »
Ferrari Friday .... Miata Monday

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 09:44:37 PM »
GT3 series!!

Pick a GT3 car and stick with it for the whole season. That would be awesome :)
One day... we did GT cars in season 4 (but it wasn't "stick with one car").

That was get stuck in an evora season wasnt it, kind of like one of the options.  ;)
For a couple of guys...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 09:51:29 PM »
I quite enjoyed the mixed GT season.  Might have been because it was one of the last season's I've been able to do where I've only missed one or two races.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »
The lotus was a annoying car to drive lol really twitchy and horrible on kerbs, id say people will have a harder time driving those hard in a race than the p1 or lafa
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 10:53:28 PM »
We'll have some trial races in the front runners in the poll, and people can then go back and change their votes if they want to.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 11:24:35 PM »
I have a gt server up and ran a few of the cars the last few nights at Imola, Only GT3 and Evora GTC. The Evora is only about a second slower then the GT3 cars but is by far the hardest of them to drive quickly. The P1 and Laferrari are really quite simple to drive in comparison so anyone considering this may want to try that.

The The Lotus 2 eleven the slower guys will get the one that is much trickier to drive again and so will likely be slower for them in the GT4 then they would be in the regular 2 eleven. This pretty much means they wont get any real advantage in that car and will likely not like driving it so much. It will end up the same guys battling in the 2 eleven when it could be spiced up quite nicely with a few other cars that match up very closely.

I have a mixed server up with 2 eleven, KTM and m235i and just had a couple races with a few guys in all different cars. With just 4 of us in I think they were some of the best MP races Ive ever had, all 3 cars can lap near identical times but all done quite differently. At Vallelunga each car has its own strengths which are enough to pass all 3 quite easily in certain sections of track and this just continues on til the end of the race if drivers are fairly even. We only had 4 of us but were 3 and 4 wide at multiple sections of the race and id highly recommend people to give this combo a go. Looking at RSR wr times they are near identical at the tracks I looked at.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 12:43:07 AM »
I have to draw the line in the sand with options somewhere, or we'll be stuck in the land of the never-ending poll, and I have to balance all the little things I absorb all the time - "I don't like this, I don't like that" - meaning not everybody always likes the same thing. That's why there's 4 options in the poll, so people can just choose the one (or two) out of what's on offer that they like best. The racing always turns out better in practice after all the theorising is done. Even though some people don't like the current season 7 cars, for example, lots of people have said they've had excellent races, and that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

Personally, I'm quicker in the 2 Eleven GT4 than in the normal one, as are lap times averaged over hundreds of people, not just a few.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »
I get that you've got to make decisions and get things rolling, but my 2 cents worth is that we went a little quickly from brainstorming ideas mode straight into poll mode (end of ideas mode, just vote). That was like not much more than a day, and I feel we could've got a more colourful list of options with a bit more time spent on that stage.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 11:24:47 AM »
I have to have a Arthroscopy on my left knee, so as long as its a car i can heel toe or not heavy left brake like the ferrari which kills me I will be happy :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 12:49:24 PM »
I get that you've got to make decisions and get things rolling, but my 2 cents worth is that we went a little quickly from brainstorming ideas mode straight into poll mode (end of ideas mode, just vote). That was like not much more than a day, and I feel we could've got a more colourful list of options with a bit more time spent on that stage.

There's four perfectly good options to choose from, any one of which will give us good racing. The permutations are endless, and there will always be someone who wants something different, no matter what I put up.

Maybe I'll do things a little differently next season. I'm not one for going backwards.
I think I'll shorten the seasons a fraction too, say 6 rounds, so we can rotate through the infinite combinations a little more quickly and keep mixing it up.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:57:17 PM by Wally »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 06:56:36 PM »
I have to have a Arthroscopy on my left knee, so as long as its a car i can heel toe or not heavy left brake like the ferrari which kills me I will be happy :)

I must be driving it wrong, I didnt know you had to lfb a ferrari.  ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 07:04:49 PM »
you dont have to but, i seem to be better in it if i do
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal