Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run Dec 22 - DTM '91

Author Topic: Fun Run Dec 22 - DTM '91  (Read 7668 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Fun Run Dec 22 - DTM '91
« on: December 16, 2020, 09:27:37 AM »
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 09:54:02 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Run Dec 22 - DTM '91
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »
The mustang wasn't showing any wheel spin on my wheel lights, also there was a funny crackle sound occasionally in idle, that was before I downloaded the extra files though. The imp continously showed wheel spin (lights always on) when I drove it the other night.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 10:47:54 AM »
The wheel spin thing has worked without a hitch for most cars aside from a few mods. It's not really an issue, thought I'd mention it in case it's an easy fix.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 09:54:10 AM »
We'll have a few 12 lap (15 min) sprints so you can try a variety of cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 04:19:46 PM »
Does anyone know what tire pressure we're aiming for with this mod? The numbers my tire pressure engineer app is giving me are possibly a bit off.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:24:26 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 05:05:09 PM »
Does anyone know what tire pressure we're aiming for with this mod? The numbers my tire pressure engineer app is giving me are possibly a bit off.
29 psi all round. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 05:19:44 PM »
29 psi all round. ;)
Thanks mate...yeah, I'm way off...maybe that will make the BMW's rear end easier to control.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 10:05:14 PM »
Here's a snapshot of top lap times.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 11:02:26 PM »
Great time in the M3, Mael. However, you spoiled it. I would have said the Mustang and the Audi need some additional weight to balance the field a bit.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 08:34:06 AM »
Great time in the M3, Mael. However, you spoiled it. I would have said the Mustang and the Audi need some additional weight to balance the field a bit.
It would appear so. I might do another fun run next week with a little parity ballast.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 11:22:41 AM »
I may risk sounding ungrateful but i did not enjoy last night. The worst is the exterior/interior car sound imbalance which makes it near impossible to race in close packs.

Mod cars should add to AC. For example the 60's/70's British saloons provided by Seanus for the current Thursday season.

For early 90's European Touring cars Kunos has already provided us with three very good cars with sorted sound and physics. Those cars are well known and loved online and would attract more drivers. For good close racing pick one of those and add a bit of ballast and restrictor to Joe. I do not feel the cars we did last night would improve a season's racing.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 12:01:06 PM »
I may risk sounding ungrateful but i did not enjoy last night. The worst is the exterior/interior car sound imbalance which makes it near impossible to race in close packs.
I did change gears to early a couple of times due to hearing the surrounding cars and thinking it was mine!

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 01:03:14 PM »

Mod cars should add to AC. For example the 60's/70's British saloons provided by Seanus for the current Thursday season.

For early 90's European Touring cars Kunos has already provided us with three very good cars with sorted sound and physics. Those cars are well known and loved online and would attract more drivers. For good close racing pick one of those and add a bit of ballast and restrictor to Joe. I do not feel the cars we did last night would improve a season's racing.
Same thought occurred to me. Why not use the Kunos DTM cars? I know we've got at least the Merc and the BMW. You could add modded ones, but they would have to be made to match the Kunos ones in performance. Once you've picked a car you can adjust audio to suit the particular car.
Btw I followed the DTM around that time and I'm pretty sure they had a ballast system based on finishes in the races. I think a win got them some ballast. If you win then again, the same amount of ballast is added again...up to a max weight, but I can't remember details. That obviously contributed to close racing in this series.
I find that's a fair system as it should keep distortions in the championship to a minimum. However, it was on an individual basis, not like P1-P5 plus x amount of weight.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:16:05 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 02:09:33 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, that's what the fun run was all about. I reckon I've seen a mod somewhere where someone simply balanced the 3 KS cars closer.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »

...AND the two races last night were won by an Opel and a Merc, and second race's fastest lap by a BMW.

Ballast per results. (avoid this)

I noticed the wins not matching fastest lap times. The differences in lap times seem to give a clear picture about performance...guess Mael's lap is rather an anomaly. Maybe the outcome of last night's races are a bit deceiving.
Ballast per result was done in real racing...a lot of probably pretty smart people worked this out and decided going for it. I don't want to sell it...only saying it works imo.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal