Xtreme Gaming Network

S31R2: Nurburgring

Author Topic: S31R2: Nurburgring  (Read 7139 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S31R2: Nurburgring
« on: December 12, 2019, 08:20:17 AM »
Round 2 was won by Joe, who put the Ginetta Supercup to good use and banked a haul of 50 points, putting him on equal standing with Kcender in the championship.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Joe   50
killagorilla   33
Kcender87   28
Wally   25
AGK   20
buellersdayoff   13
Rob   12
Freezer   10
ab156   7
Mael   3
Phil.8   3
Captain Slow   2
Seanus   1

Penalties
Race 2
At the final turn of the first hot lap, Bueller tried an inside pass on Freezer and had contact, front wheel to rear wheel. Bueller wasn’t quite up far enough inside Freezer’s car and ended up spinning him. Bueller came alongside Freezer quite rapidly – I don’t think Freezer would have had enough time to realise Bueller was there, so a 50kg penalty next race to Bueller for spinning Freezer.

Season Standings
1. Kcender87, 50
2. Joe, 50
3. Matthew111, 36

Every round has the same format: 20 minute race 1, 40 min race 2 with CPS for tyres (no refuelling).

Everyone outside of the top 8 now has access to the Ginetta Supercup.

Don't forget to download new car data as per this post.

[youtube]-7Ry3Pn_STU-7Ry3Pn_STU?t=1170[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 10:49:28 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: S31R2: Nurburgring
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 05:12:46 PM »
Jeremy and I won't be racing tonight, we got something on.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 06:06:59 PM »
Jeremy and I won't be racing tonight, we got something on.
OK
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 06:12:54 PM »
Server's up.

Offline Captain Slow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 07:10:37 PM »
Hey Wally,
I'm getting an error while trying to get onto the race server. "Cant compare checksum"  Please advise ….
No probs getting onto practice server where I am currently doing some laps

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 07:39:35 PM »
Ah, I probably haven't updated the cars. Hang on...

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 07:39:58 PM »
agile  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 07:43:22 PM »
OK, all good now.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 10:49:52 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to Joe on the round win.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 01:46:58 PM »
Getting poor results in these but having a blast.  Some really good racing again this week, especially AGK, Mael and Rob.  I ruined Mael's night in R1, sorry no excuse.

Quantity is down, quality is up.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2019, 02:49:55 PM »
Probably my last Tuesday for a while, I only signed up because I had time off. Has been some good racing. As to the penalty though, I'm not sure it's as straight up as noted in op. I had much more pace through the chicken and other corners than freezer, I gained a lot of time there and would have gotten quite large in the mirrors (the first race was the same, I'd gain in the turns and then be blown away down the straight). There was room there for me but the door was closed as I started to get along side. I will apologise though I don't like to take anyone out. Leave the penalty on in case I do get to join in again.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2019, 03:24:14 PM »
Penalties
Race 2
At the final turn of the first hot lap, Bueller tried an inside pass on Freezer and had contact, front wheel to rear wheel. Bueller wasn’t quite up far enough inside Freezer’s car and ended up spinning him. Bueller came alongside Freezer quite rapidly – I don’t think Freezer would have had enough time to realise Bueller was there, so a 50kg penalty next race to Bueller for spinning Freezer.
At the time I thought I was turning in on my own when suddenly there was a hit, I couldn't quite understand where it came from!!  Bueller must have been pretty good under brakes!
All good Bueller, I probably would have spun some time later anyway.

My night  was difficult in that I had spins at the start of both races back to last and had to chase back.  I did have the quicker SuperCup but I found it very sensitive on the kerbs and very slippery on cold tyres so pushing meant running a risk of spinning or at least having difficult corner exits in certain parts of the track.  That said, I did have fun chasing back through the pack.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2019, 07:21:12 PM »
Well, I didn't think I'd be able to keep the Supercup on track the whole race...lots of sliding and it only took a very few laps to get enough flat spots on my tires to make the whole rig vibrate quite a bit. Still managed to do my fastest laps on my last lap.
Joe was in his own league anyway...the 2nd race I managed to stay in sight distance...that's achievement enough for me.
This cut track warning app disappeared by itself without me noticing it...haha. Getting close to the half way mark the 2nd race I thought, would have been smart to check the pit entry before getting into the race. Perfectly prepared as always, huh?!
The standings don't really reflect performance atm as especially Wally is doing so much better than me, well, won't last long...
Merry Christmas everyone  :)

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2019, 07:44:18 PM »
Probably my last Tuesday for a while, I only signed up because I had time off. Has been some good racing. As to the penalty though, I'm not sure it's as straight up as noted in op. I had much more pace through the chicken and other corners than freezer, I gained a lot of time there and would have gotten quite large in the mirrors (the first race was the same, I'd gain in the turns and then be blown away down the straight). There was room there for me but the door was closed as I started to get along side. I will apologise though I don't like to take anyone out. Leave the penalty on in case I do get to join in again.

You have to watch those chickens  ;D

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2019, 07:48:26 PM »
Those chickens always in the way, especially Monza, chickens everywhere

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal