Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R4: Silverstone GP Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R4: Silverstone GP Race Chat  (Read 23660 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S14R4: Silverstone GP Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2016, 09:54:52 AM »
I'd say good timing that they broke GB, the new T300RS package that comes bundled with the T3PA pedals just came out  ;)

http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/racing-wheels-accessories/thrustmaster-t300-gt-edition.html

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2016, 01:51:01 PM »
I've cleaned the pots themselves (full strip down) multiple times.

I think they are just gone.  My only hope now is to swap the brake pot with the accelerator pot - I've already swapped with the clutch.  And no, it seems you can't buy the pots anywhere - not ones that will fit.

Unless there is an improvement out of nowhere I don't think I'll make tomorrow nights race Wally.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2016, 01:57:27 PM »

I think they are just gone.  My only hope now is to swap the brake pot with the accelerator pot - I've already swapped with the clutch.  And no, it seems you can't buy the pots anywhere - not ones that will fit.

Unless there is an improvement out of nowhere I don't think I'll make tomorrow nights race Wally.
Bad luck,  GB.  Equipment failure is certainly a PITA.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2016, 03:44:38 PM »
For those with money to burn . . . https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-aus.html
Look very nice..

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2016, 03:59:03 PM »
For those with money to burn . . . https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-aus.html
Look very nice..

I've been reading/watching a lot on this new CSL stuff. The wheel hub is apparently very close to being as good as the CSV2 at half the price. The only problem I've heard it that the CSV2 comes with the angle adjuster that the CSL doesn't need, and therefore needs to be mounted which the Fanatec 3 bolt pattern which many rigs, mine included don't fully support. Mine has the front 2 mount points, which mean it ends up being loose.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2016, 11:20:26 PM »

Have you tried searching on RS components GB? I haven't got a clue about what the pots are  in the G27 so I have no idea whether they'd have what you're looking for.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2016, 12:09:57 AM »
With the new pit stop rules it makes it a bit odd to work out how to split the race up, I wonder how many will stop for fuel then tyres the lap after as you really would only need the one stop here. Going too long on fuel or tyres may not be ideal so having to do 2 stops seems more a gimmick then a need. In the end I think everyone will pick their ideal lap on fuel and try to run this down then change tyres at what ever point it will seem good strategically depending on where they are in traffic.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2016, 07:54:12 AM »
There are lots of choices, which is how I wanted it to be, to mix up the pit strategies and make them perhaps a little less predictable.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2016, 09:41:15 AM »
There are lots of choices, which is how I wanted it to be, to mix up the pit strategies and make them perhaps a little less predictable.

I agree,last enduro ppl abused the relaxed rules for pitstops too much,like not changing tyres(myself)e putting only 1 lt of fuel and getting big unfair advantages,,,,good on ya wally!!   Hey wally i am tried to beat you this time,,watch out...and i am on fire!!!! ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2016, 11:28:05 AM »
Lol Simone. Sorry to dash your hopes, but no chance  8)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2016, 12:02:50 PM »
Lol Simone. Sorry to dash your hopes, but no chance  8)

I saw your laptime on RSR Wally, not sure if car is faster or slower in 1.9 but if your in the 2:13's Simone and most of the field will be in trouble.  ;D

Guybrush will do his solo thing in the 2:12's but there will be a few in the 13's I think, though race pace will depend on fuel loads and tyre wear so it could be interesting at the end.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »
Ah no, that's probably a relatively old lap, and at 26 degrees, not 14. I'm nowhere near that pace in these race conditions.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2016, 01:12:39 PM »
I don't think I'll make it tonight.  If I can be arsed I'll take apart my pedals against and give them a blow out, but otherwise I won't make it.  I'll let you know closer to start time.

Having said that I've only managed a dozen laps so don't think I'll be troubling the front runners too much.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2016, 01:48:17 PM »
I don't think I'll make it tonight.  If I can be arsed I'll take apart my pedals against and give them a blow out, but otherwise I won't make it.  I'll let you know closer to start time.

Having said that I've only managed a dozen laps so don't think I'll be troubling the front runners too much.

You did about 10 laps and were doing low 13s.... Pretty sure that's still the quickest lap time on the server with Marty doing mid 13s

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 01:49:10 PM »
I don't think I'll make it tonight.
:(

don't think I'll be troubling the front runners too much.
ahahahaahahahaahhaahahahahaahahahah!... :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal