Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R5: Paul Ricard Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R5: Paul Ricard Race Chat  (Read 16759 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R5: Paul Ricard Race Chat
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:43:48 PM »
This is another enduro round, with a single 27 lap race at Paul Ricard Blancpain Endurance layout  [VERSION 0.9.7 DOWNLOAD]

There are two compulsory pit stops (no pit window), with refuelling allowed.  You must change tyres only in 1 pit stop, and you must refuel only (no tyre change) in the other stop. You can do the fuel and tyre stops in either order.

Fuel rate is 1.8x (which should see you get a maximum of 22 laps on a full tank).
Tyre wear rate is 1.5x.

The weather is going to be 28 degrees and clear.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S14R5: Paul Ricard Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 12:07:57 AM »
Server is up, 28c with track temp 38c +-1c so we may finaly get these cars to run close to optimal temps.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:08:47 PM by marty »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 11:12:30 AM »
would be cool to do a season some time where we were managing hot tyers not cold all the time,  should be a nice change 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »
We should do an Australian season then, air temperature 45 degrees, track temperature 60 degrees   8)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 12:22:11 PM »
We should do an Australian season then, air temperature 45 degrees, track temperature 60 degrees   8)
That's why we're the only country that races through winter and not summer. :o

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 12:58:34 PM »

Im fairly sure those were the track temps for the bathurst 12hr a couple years ago. They were still double and triple stinting the tyres I think mediums early then hards during the hot part of the day. Guys were still setting pb laps in the 2nd and 3rd hour on the tyres in those conditions.  ;)

Current season hard tyre with 1.5x wear in 1 hour the tyres had lost a bit so simulated 90 minutes. Cold temps caused excessive graining and in 1.9 graining/blistering/flatspots is linked to tyre wear not damage rate so this will be higher then earlier rounds. With damage at 50% this also kept tyre damage at this rate which now is at 150%.

I wondernif we will get blistering at these temps or if it will stay in ideal temp range. Generally a single compound series will have tyres that can handle the hottest temps without being killed early, maybe graining is a bit excessive in colder temps on these harder tyres.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 01:34:27 PM »
I put my setup on ptracker if anyone wants it.  I only did a dozen laps or so, so haven't changed too much.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 01:43:17 PM »
I put my setup on ptracker if anyone wants it.  I only did a dozen laps or so, so haven't changed too much.

I don't get how you got that time in so few laps on a single monitor... This is the first time I've driven this track since triples and it makes it much easier as I'm looking for apexes in the side monitors.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 01:53:36 PM »
0xde4f20a1$$guybot.activate
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 02:12:19 PM »

I don't get how you got that time in so few laps on a single monitor... This is the first time I've driven this track since triples and it makes it much easier as I'm looking for apexes in the side monitors.
GB if you still have your telemetry, in My Documents /Assetto Corsa/aim (or telemetry?) post it up here and Joe too and I can do a comparison in Race Studio.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 03:11:25 PM »

GB if you still have your telemetry, in My Documents /Assetto Corsa/aim (or telemetry?) post it up here and Joe too and I can do a comparison in Race Studio.
Not again @Wally !! I remember last time was just depressing for everyone. Conclusion was there was no magic in GBs pace. I had hoped that it would prove he had a special patch to share :D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 03:13:54 PM »

Its all about the reference points.  If you want to go fast you need to be consistently on the limit and you can only do so if you are using reference points to get your braking, turning, etc exactly right, otherwise you will overshoot and your next action will be compensating for the fluctuation in the action before - eg I brake a meter too late into the corner so I have to turn in later which then means I get on the throttle later and have taken a different line - all of which I haven't perfected before because every time I take the corner I'm doing something different.

For example, the last corner here I brake exactly 1 meter before the third last white line on the left of the road and then turn in a meter before the last white line which I know will take me to the apex.  However if I haven't used my reference points properly for the corner before then I will approach from a wider angle and I know that if I turn in at the same point I won't make the apex as my car has to rotate more due to the different approach angle.

Its like a computer - "if that, then this".  Relying on your wits alone is for suckers. The more reference points you have for everything the better.

That's my opinion anyway.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »
Sometimes I struggle to find ref points, but you seem to use pretty much anything. Often I'll have braking points, but not often a turn in point, and even then my braking point will be between 'this' and 'that' somewhere...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 03:48:20 PM »

You can get a basic comparison in stracker here
http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapdetails?lapid=153144#

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 05:58:50 PM »
Sometimes I struggle to find ref points, but you seem to use pretty much anything. Often I'll have braking points, but not often a turn in point, and even then my braking point will be between 'this' and 'that' somewhere...
I'm the same. I brake "around about here".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal