Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R7: Spa Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R7: Spa Race Chat  (Read 28392 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R7: Spa Race Chat
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:41:57 PM »
This round is a 24 lap endurance round at Spa (1 CPS for tyres only, 1 CPS for fuel only).
You will need the OSRW PIT MOD.

Fuel rate is 1.8x.
Tyre wear rate is 1.5x.

Weather is 14, Light Clouds, and this is a wet race. To simulate wet but drying conditions, track grip will start at 85% and grip up to 100% by the end of the race.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:41:51 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S14R7: Spa Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 11:48:57 PM »
What will be the track grip gain setting Wally? I have put up a server with those settings, will the race be the same 1x fuel and 1x tyres stop as I think with low temps and grip the graining could get fairly bad and some may want to change tyres twice.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 11:59:53 PM »
What will be the track grip gain setting Wally? I have put up a server with those settings, will the race be the same 1x fuel and 1x tyres stop as I think with low temps and grip the graining could get fairly bad and some may want to change tyres twice.

I just worked that out - 160. That should see grip go from 85 to 88 over the course of the race. I also just changed it to Light Clouds instead of Mid Clouds (I find mid clouds gets too dark).

I posted above 1.8x fuel and 1.5x tyres. Yes, two tyre changes might be a good strategy, but a tyre stop is a relatively long one. Still, if you're refuelling anyway, the time hit is not as bad.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 12:12:11 AM »
Marty, would you mind preparing my car with a big bag of sand in it? Around 50kg would do just right...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 12:35:30 AM »
Marty, would you mind preparing my car with a big bag of sand in it? Around 50kg would do just right...

It should be there and I moved your car back down the entry list so it shouldn't be taken by any non league drivers, if you get the wrong car by any chance you can always add ballast to your own car. The server password is the regular xgn pass you can log in as admin by having the password in the lobby when joining.

You can also do it once in server by using the admin command
/admin "password"
then to get your car ID type
/client_list
to add 50kg ballast change X to the car ID you have been assigned
/ballast_id X 50

You shouldn't have to do this though as the car assigned to your GUID same as Simone should be preloaded with some weight.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 08:09:41 AM »
There's also now an AC app that lets you add ballast offline.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 08:27:12 AM »
I'll be in for this one guys, back from nascar :p
do you even motorsports?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
I dont think we should race that low grip until AC gets proper weather or rain tyres
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 12:19:55 PM »
I dont think we should race that low grip until AC gets proper weather or rain tyres

Low grip doesnt need rain tyres as its still not a wet road, Ive ran those gip levels before and its not that bad. Plus everyone will be in the same (maserati) dry boat.  ;D

Being an enduro, fast track low grip and hard tyres the tyre temps will be well below optimal most likely. If the car gets sliding it should raise temps. Graining will be an issue to some point but seeing last round even woth heavy graining and cold temps with higher tyre wear it was only about .5 slower at the end of 16 laps on the tyres.

Strategy will likely come into it more but I think ot will be the same as all other enduros so far. Ideally spread tyres to half a race each and fuel stop a bit earlier. Pretty much stopping 2x just because its a requirement but a single stop for fuel and tyres is all you really need.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 12:25:54 PM »
i don't understand if its not wet why is it so slippery then, Ice, moss ?  surely just a cold dry road wouldn't be so slippery unless something else
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:27:41 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »
I'd prefer 50% grip. ;D 8) ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 01:37:55 PM »
It's just for a bit of fun, a different challenge. We used to race in rain netKar. It was mostly just more slippery. It was a great white knuckle, eyes wide open,  no blinking ride. This low grip here is "rain-like", and the test will be to see who can adapt their driving and pit strategy to it.

Think of it as "starting to rain but not wet enough for wet tyres so I'm going to stay out on slicks" racing.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 01:57:45 PM »

Kinda with you there, especially for Spa as I love hooning around here.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »

Kinda with you there, especially for Spa as I love hooning around here.
It's not my fault it rained there for the Blancpain race there this year ;)

Alright, I tell you what I'll do. Should make it interesting. The race will start at 85% grip and end at 100%, to sort of simulate initially wet and then drying conditions.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:24:15 PM by Wally »

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »
Sounds like it will be a fun event... Although I was hoping I could have some assistance with AC before this race. I'm getting an error on start up and the only thing it appears to have affected is the pitconfig app. In turn this is killing me during the pit stops loosing seconds each time I need to pit, this race being a multi stop I was hoping to have it resolved before then.

I won't babble on with the symptoms but could any point me in the right direction to seek help?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal