Xtreme Gaming Network

Schedule of upcoming events

Author Topic: Schedule of upcoming events  (Read 10098 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Schedule of upcoming events
« on: November 26, 2016, 04:54:02 PM »
This is what's coming up on the next few Tuesdays:

Nov 29 - final round of season 14.
Dec 6 - Fun Run 1
Dec 13 - I will be away. Marty and/or Phil can organise a fun run of their choosing.
Dec 20 - Fun Run 2
Dec 27 - Fun Run - Season 15 car practice
Jan 3 - Fun Run - Season 15 car practice
Jan 10 - Season 15 starts

The options for the fun run are now almost endless. I would suggest:
  • Mercedes C9 vs Merc 190 EVO II, 2 x 14 laps at Silverstone 1967
  • Porsche 935/78 Moby Dick at Riverside
  • Porsche 918 Spyder at Luccaring
  • Porsche 911 Carrera S vs BMW M4 Akrapovic at Tor Poznan
  • Porsche 917/30 Spyder at Historic Silverstone
I plan to put up a season 15 poll for single-seaters, with the following most popular options from the future seasons thread:
  • Ferrari F138
  • Praga R1
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:33:59 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Schedule of upcoming events
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 06:39:16 PM »
Im sure we can come up with some fun for the fun runs, atm my favourite car to race in the PP2 is the 919. Its really not a very hard car to drive but with battery deployment and manual kers storing and using energy makes it so much fu to race.

Next season I will miss most of too as I will be away from end of Jan til Feb but Im sure you guys can live without my BS for a season.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 11:34:01 PM »
I'll be away until the last season 15 practice. Have fun!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 11:55:25 PM »
Im sure we can come up with some fun for the fun runs, atm my favourite car to race in the PP2 is the 919. Its really not a very hard car to drive but with battery deployment and manual kers storing and using energy makes it so much fu to race.

Next season I will miss most of too as I will be away from end of Jan til Feb but Im sure you guys can live without my BS for a season.
I think all that ERS deployment /harvesting would make this better as a season car, rather than a fun run car.
Fun run is more jump in and go. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 12:15:06 AM »

MY VOTE!!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 12:17:14 AM »
Fun runs can be cars that are less boring then some season cars so at least we can have fun in the fun runs.

Fun runs even in pub server for the car, well its way more fun then the maserati gt4. We coukd always test a mixed class race such as WEC with lmp1 and some gt cars. I think a good reason to have such a car for a fun run is to see if people may be interested in it for a season. Season wise Id rather wait til the toyota and audi lmp1 cars come anyway.

There are so many good cars now that we could have quite a few combos thaf wpuld be good fun.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »

MY VOTE!!
Nice . . . but then there's the 962 C long / short!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 11:24:44 PM »
This is what's coming up on the next few Tuesdays:

Nov 29 - final round of season 14.
Dec 6 - Fun Run 1

• Mercedes C9 vs Merc 190 EVO II, 2 x 14 laps at Silverstone 1967

Im thinking for fun run 1 to have a bit of a race in the older Le mans cars with the lot of them not all that far apart in lap times maybe only 2 seconds at Spa between the Mercedes Sauber c9, Porsche 962c ST and LT, Porsche 911 GT1 and the Mclaren F1. We could add in the DTM cars if people want to have a mixed class type race but I think the differences between the lot of those proto cars would make for a fun run. Possibly 2 or 3 races at Silverstone 1967.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 07:58:30 AM »
That combo should work, but probably just the 3 Porsches. The Mercedes is too fast for that lot. I want to make sure there's some lapping too, otherwise I don't see much point in a multiclass race. We could try one race where the faster class has a mandatory pit stop for tyres, while the slower class doesn't have to stop, just to mix up positions on the track a bit.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 08:41:55 AM »
That combo should work, but probably just the 3 Porsches. The Mercedes is too fast for that lot. I want to make sure there's some lapping too, otherwise I don't see much point in a multiclass race. We could try one race where the faster class has a mandatory pit stop for tyres, while the slower class doesn't have to stop, just to mix up positions on the track a bit.
Im happy to be the exclusive Mercedes driver to ensure some lapping :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 09:14:18 AM »

I havent really ran the merc but in the pub server my laptimes in the Porches were within 1 second of Bacchulums time in the Merc at Spa. That field isnt exactly multiclass more varying performance in the same class.

Also the Merc is faster in qualy only as you cant run such high boost all race if damage is at 100%. I noticed grid limit is only 20 at old Silverstone so we will need to use an osrw mod version I think. Even if just to allow more cars for people to choose.

If wanting multigrid we can also add the 3 dtm cars as these are now all pretty close in performance and at silverstone classic the alfa wont have much advantage with its AWD. It will also kill tyres faster.

It can be the cars mentioned though possibly some dropped if in testing they are too far apart and add dtm splitting the field in half. Making it so people choose the dtm or proto cars for 1 of 2 14 lap races. This should force lapping of the dtm cars for the proto and gt1 field.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 02:15:38 PM »
Does Wally have any plans for the next fun run?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 04:57:43 PM »
Does Wally have any plans for the next fun run?
Yeah, I'll post something up tonight.

MG

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 08:18:35 AM »
Hello guys,
     Just joined here and iam looking forward to racing. I used to race at austeamracing.com (ATR) I was wondering is there any former ATR racers here? I noticed Bacchulum....Real name Dave Gibson? Anyway, glad to be here.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 09:57:41 AM »
Hello guys,
     Just joined here and iam looking forward to racing. I used to race at austeamracing.com (ATR) I was wondering is there any former ATR racers here? I noticed Bacchulum....Real name Dave Gibson? Anyway, glad to be here.

Howdy MG, put this up @ http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=320.0  "Introductions" more will spot it.
Welcome!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal