Xtreme Gaming Network

Multiclass Racing - post race chat

Author Topic: Multiclass Racing - post race chat  (Read 8717 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Multiclass Racing - post race chat
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 09:49:22 PM »
Multiclass racing is certainly a great format.  You definately need to pick the right track (Sebring, Le Mans, Road Atlanta, Spa) and I would also like to see the cars slightly closer in speed to make it a bit tougher to pass. Perhaps some of the newer GT3 cars.
The only problem with cars that are too close in speed is that you  get less passing opportunities and the two classes won't see each other once they separate.  The greater the speed difference, the more passing you get. I thought this race was perfect - you got passed 2 or 3 times.
Just need longer races with more pit stops and tyre options to mix it up...!
Something like http://www.imsa.com/ with prototypes ( the cars we raced last night ) and C7 Corvette / Porsche etc
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:59:12 PM by Freezer »

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Re: Multiclass Racing - post race chat
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »
In practise and qually it looked like I had similar pace to Marty in the BMW (much to my surprise). Race 1 started OK and Marty and I were close and I was hoping for a good battle, but brain fade kicked in and I ran off damaging the car. Still my pace was OK compared to the others in the class and I was making up ground. As Joe said before I had closed in on him and was eyeing up where to pass when Mael came from behind in the fast car and I think misjudged the closing speed and just clipped me in the rear right sending me off.

Race 2 I stayed with the BMW. Dave O rammed me up the rear at turn 1 and I went off into the wall damaging the car. Once again I thought I had enough pace to do OK in class 2 but brain fade kicked in again at the same turn as race 1 and I ran off in a similar fashion doing more damage.

Still I had a lot of fun watching for the fast cars and some great battles with some of the slow cars :)
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal