Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R2: Silverstone pre-race chat

Author Topic: S9R2: Silverstone pre-race chat  (Read 30412 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S9R2: Silverstone pre-race chat
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 06:14:50 PM »
Weren't Marty and I in team Achilles Heels?
You were... and then Marty was away. I can reunite you if you like (and if Will doesn't mind - I'm sure he doesn't).

OK, Steve Xland has pulled out due to timezeone differences, so I've dissolved Fortec Racing (leaving christopheraser as a privateer on his own) and moved Will from Achilles Heels to team Double G Racing (partnering G0RGAK).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:30:15 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 06:36:11 PM »
I checked the speeding penalties in the PLP app, and they're working as designed. It's just really easy to speed into pit lane. The pit limiter comes on pretty early at Silverstone, so make sure you practice/check. It will pay to be conservative.

Also, if anyone's not running the PLP app on Tuesday, they'll get an automatic 10 second post-race penalty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Will

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 07:53:53 PM »

Weren't Marty and I in team Achilles Heels?
You were... and then Marty was away. I can reunite you if you like (and if Will doesn't mind - I'm sure he doesn't).

OK, Steve Xland has pulled out due to timezeone differences, so I've dissolved Fortec Racing (leaving christopheraser as a privateer on his own) and moved Will from Achilles Heels to team Double G Racing (partnering G0RGAK).
Fine by me. Hi G0rgak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
I checked the speeding penalties in the PLP app, and they're working as designed. It's just really easy to speed into pit lane. The pit limiter comes on pretty early at Silverstone, so make sure you practice/check. It will pay to be conservative.

Also, if anyone's not running the PLP app on Tuesday, they'll get an automatic 10 second post-race penalty.

I'm not trying to change the results or says that the PLP app isn't working but I just went and checked the replayed and compared it to me just driving in to the pits again and it could quite possible be lag but my speed was below 90Km/h before my test shows the PLP app showing a red square.

this image is the test I did and the shot is the first frame while the red square is lit up (it might be a bit messed up because 30 FPS recording vs 60 FPS game but who knows.

this image is taken from the replay of the race and the first frame of my speed below 90 and the car is clearly behind where the light turns on in the previous image. difference could also have something to do with car placement.

this is probably due to server lag but who knows, just thought it was interesting because I was sure that in the race I was doing less that 90 when I hit the zone but there is no way to tell because the PLP red/green box doesn't appear in replays.

all in all I must have only just got detected for speeding because it is pretty close in those images.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 08:47:31 PM »
What am I looking at here? In the first image, you are doing 109, and the red square is showing as expected. In the second image, have you reached the pit line yet? If you haven't, no square will show.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 09:30:40 PM »
oh sorry if it is a bit hard to understand what is going on in the second image is I am doing less than 90 before where I'm believed the pit line is but I still got a penalty from what I remember, but now I am starting to second guessing my self if I actually got a penalty or not and I cant tell from the replay because the PLP app doesn't work in replays. Maybe I just miss read something that popped up in the chat just after I entered the pits.

If you can, can you please check the log to see if I got a penalty because I thought I did, but I don't know anymore.

Edit: was suppose to post this in post race but oh well, I also might just be stupid.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 09:45:32 PM by Schmittez »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »
isnt the speed limit 80km/h?

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 10:58:08 PM »

it is but I thought you only got a penalty for doing over 90

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2015, 11:30:36 PM »

it is but I thought you only got a penalty for doing over 90
That's right.

Rolz

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2015, 11:58:52 PM »
woohoo - did a few laps with new video card tonight and all was sweet  ;D

Pit Lane line is way early... safe to just smash brakes as u exit track.

Tried ballast at 100kg and full tank 3x fuel... best I could do was 1:50 - potential 1:49

Will be a tough race but really looking forward to it!!  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 12:00:36 AM »
I have no idea where the pit line is and each attempt I ended up with auto lockup, speeding and hitting the wall or very close too lol. Its kind of hard if there is no clear line to show you were the line is. Its the same for all so no big deal but really would be good if there was a manual limiter and clearly defined pit limit line.

I tried with and without ballast and seems the 100kg is worth around 3 seconds here, though grip level may have been a bit different on both runs so not an exact number.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 08:06:46 AM »
The pit speed penalty adds some stress and excitement to pitting, but it's not ideal, with no clear line. It takes some practice. I will ask people's opinions whether to keep it or not at the end of the season, when we've all used it for several rounds.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 08:30:27 AM »
In practice, I slowly enter the pits until the square appears, then drop a burn out and there's my pit line. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »
In these cars its a good idea to slow yourself before the pit auto slow down anyway. As coming in hot the car locks wheels and you loose control. So its actually going to help if you get slowed before the line, the main issue is that there is no line and Kunos should really add this to all their tracks.

They could surely at least put a couple of cones down as that is quite an issue in any car that doesnt have abs. I quite like the idea of the speed limit penalty though and in practice will need to try find the line.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 11:02:47 AM »
I haven't done any PRAC yet for this season, but it shouldn't be any different to finding a brake marker for a  corner should it?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal