Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R3 - Imola Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R3 - Imola Race Chat  (Read 11874 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S241R3 - Imola Race Chat
« on: September 25, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »
Joe extends his lead with a third place and a win, tying the round with teammate Phil. Other big improvers on the standings were Phil (+7 places), Simone (+6) and Rob (+4).

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Joe   48
Phil.8   48
Kcender87   42
ab156   38
Mael   31
Simone   30
bradc   30
Rob   28
Keith   26
AbleArcher83   23
Wally   19
Doobs   17
RussG   11
Bacchulum   0
killagorilla   0
Mark Hannon   0
Mac87   0

Congratulations to Kcender on pole and the race 1 win, and to Joe for the race 2 win.

Penalties

Race 1
Down the final hill (which I hate) I went into a long locked-brake skid onto the grass and into Russ – 15 kg penalty for me.

Race 2
None

Season Standings
1. Joe, 97
2. Kcender87, 88
3. Freezer, 81

Krahl Racing now pull out a clear lead in the team points over Maki Engineering.

Oct 2: Imola 1972 [DOWNLOAD]
Thanks to Seanus for fixing the track.

Weather is going to be 19 and 21, sunny.

Here's a look at the track:
[youtube]Oxx-247eTGg[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:30:09 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S241R3 - Imola Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:03:56 AM »
It's pretty easy to understeer into a barrier here and wreck your car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:05:43 AM »

Yes, but it's a really good track particularly compared to what it has become.

The two heavy braking areas after fast corners are really hard to get right.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 01:01:17 PM »

Yes, but it's a really good track particularly compared to what it has become.

The two heavy braking areas after fast corners are really hard to get right.

Definately mate!!

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
I'm going to try my hardest to make it, but there is a chance I may miss qually and even race 1.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »
I'm not used to waiting for the server. ??? :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 07:07:48 PM »
Wait no longer... server's up now.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 10:30:46 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 07:33:56 AM »
I had a stinker.

Didn't qualify as well as I should have, and just kept making a mistake on every timed lap.

Race 1
It was going well till about 8 minutes left, and then it all went the same way my pinball had earlier in the day....shithouse.
Race 2
It was going okay till I wobbled off the track by checking info at the wrong time.
Then made a mistake wobbling into a wall when I certainly shouldn't have, went into a shitty spin, totally out of control and caught Russ and Bacchulum out who had nowhere to go when confronted by the Battling Top I had become.

I had a terrible night, and sorry to anyone else I compromised.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 07:52:22 AM by doobs »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 07:40:28 AM »
Another shitty round for me. In both races the barrier at turn 1 had a fatal attraction for my car, destroying my engine and earning me a 5 minute holiday in pit lane and then some less than exciting lonely hotlapping.

Sorry Russ for the hit in race 1 and the chaos it caused. I locked my brakes on cold tyres and was just a passenger sliding down the hill.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 09:21:50 AM »
Wow, that was fun!
It’s been almost two years since I’ve been able to race Tuesday nights and what a great league this is. These older cars are fantastic and a lot of fun. In race one I had a great time trying to catch Simone, but unfortunately our pace was so similar I couldn’t get close until the last last but then I needed about couple to really have a chance....

Race two started so well however I got caught up in the big lap one wreck. I’m not sure what happened but it looked like someone ran wide and then cannon balled back into the front of the field and at it was impossible to avoid the spinning cars which the included myself. Being new to theses cars I wasn’t sure what it meant when the front, rear and both sides were red, but it didn’t appear to slow me too much so I pressed on and ran most of the race by myself.

For me personally it was a great return and hopefully with a bit more expirence in these cars I hope to find a bit more speed or at worst,  work out a set up which makes the tyre life a little better over these races.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 09:25:01 AM »
Good night again for me. I'm sure this luck will run out soon  ;D

Race 1 started 3rd but Bacculum had an awesome start up the side of me. Tried to box him in as he had Phil moving slower infront but didn't work. A couple of laps in got caught out with Bacculum braking earlier than I expected taking me off line and wide onto the grass but luckily only lost one place to killa. Several laps then chasing down killa until I got a good run out of the final turn and got side by side down the straight. I was over to the right of the track and killa suddenly veered into me putting me in the wall, but I escaped with just a broken windscreen and red front. Killa quit after that; not sure how you saw that one killa, but I double checked the replay and still looked how I thought it was. Was down about a second a lap with the damage but had a bit enough gap to ab behind and Bacculum doing his gearbox gifted me 3rd.

Race 2 ab got past at the start and I was able to take the place back a few laps later. I could see kcender ahead but couldn't keep up but he was nice enough to hit a wall and kill his car. ab and Phil seemed to be having a battle behind allowing to get a bit of a gap which I was able to keep. I backed off on the last few laps with the tyres going off but kept an eye on the distance to Phil taking my 3rd Tuesday win  8)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 09:29:28 AM by Joe »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 10:28:04 AM »
Shit night, sorry for shame quitting early. :-[
I was shocked to qualify 4th and even more so to be running in 3rd.
One missed shift and the engine blew, 15min repair with 7min left.
Race 2, caught up in accidents, couldn't concentrate or drive well so left.

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »
Well compared to everyone else I had quite a quit night, mostly cause I was slow to be involved  ;D Overall tried to keep out of trouble, avoid the walls, and stay in front of Rob. A strategy which worked well for a solid points haul.

Apologies for whoever I hit at the last corner of race 1, lap 1. However I would advise if you do spin in the middle of a pack of cars to remain stationary until everybody passes. Once you started moving I had no chance of avoiding you.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2018, 12:57:33 PM »
I seem to be having a little purple patch, hope it continues.

Found it fairly tough to squeeze out the one lap pace, still don't understand how guys were logging consistent 2's!  Decided the best approach was to avoid wall contact at all cost and see what happened.

Race 1 was pretty relaxed, lost a position off the start (again  :-[ ) to Wally only to grab that and one more back when Wally and Russ had their lap 1 incident.  Missed being involved in that by about 3mm.  Just lapped in the high 44's as people ahead had various wall / engine / gearbox issues to inherit the magical 4th position.  Simone was lapping a little faster behind but I had enough of a gap to bring it home.  I was pretty happy to do 25 min without going off, far exceeded my practice experience. 

Race 2 I just wanted to survive the start, got an ok start but quickly started to look like a Malachi Crunch from Krahl Racing as we entered T1 3 wide with me in the middle.  Made a bit of side contact with Phil and headed to T3 still in the lead - it's a miracle! Had a brief glance in the mirror to see Kcender looking a little out of shape on the inside line (I am sure it was all under control) so opened the steering a little to give some recovery room and he shot past me up the hill.  Held Joe back for a lap or so then let him past.  Around this time Kcender had a date with the wall so I was back in 2nd.  Had a few seconds gap back to Phil so tried to up the pace a little to maintain but after 2 slight errors decided to park the ego and let him past.  Left me in 3rd with a 8 second gap to Mael which I managed to the checkered flag. I'll take a podium among this group any day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal