Xtreme Gaming Network

S22 Sign Up - Formula 1 1975

Author Topic: S22 Sign Up - Formula 1 1975  (Read 59104 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S22 Sign Up - Formula 1 1975
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2018, 08:59:43 PM »
Updated the first post with details and schedule.

Let me know your car choices!
Ummm, think I'll take the Brabham BT44b, Bacchulum's skin. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2018, 09:10:30 PM »
Tyrrell 007 thanks
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2018, 09:55:53 PM »
Is there any limit on the numbers, or can we all end up in lotus's?
No, everyone can choose what they want.

I was hoping/thinking we wouldn't need to choose a car, apart from asking one to be assigned us for a custom skin.
Car differences are yet to be fully fleshed out in the heat of racing and some cars may prove unworthy or indeed too good for say the more elite drivers to be using whilst others struggle with lesser cars.

But anyway I'm sure anyone dissatisfied with their car choice can feel free to change it.

For mine, March 751/3
I'll need to know people's specific car choices so I can assign enough of each type on the grid.
I would prefer if people stayed in the same car, but if people want to change, they can.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2018, 09:57:16 PM »
Guess a Maki for me  8)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2018, 09:58:00 PM »
Embassy Hill #22 please

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2018, 10:00:05 PM »
Maki has two extra erroneous skins, the need to be deleted.
Which are the two skins?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2018, 10:28:11 PM »
Struggle street racing will have a crack, I will let Matt know tomorrow and we will decide cars later in the week. See you all on track!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2018, 10:35:36 PM »
Out of the 7 cars I've tested I felt the most comfortable in the tyrrell, can I have a tyrrell then please

Offline GT VIRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2018, 10:41:21 PM »
Another stupid question: Can we do our own skins (If done by say, sunday?)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2018, 10:53:39 PM »
Another stupid question: Can we do our own skins (If done by say, sunday?)
Yep.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2018, 11:18:01 PM »
I thought I'd post my lap times and thoughts for anyone that hasn't done much testing. I've only tested these because I wanted to drive something that most others wouldn't eg. Lotus. Out of those tested the Tyrell feels to be one of the more stable cars (for me) followed by Williams and Shadow. Fittipaldi one of the worst, the others were ok but need some tuning. Not fast times but still fairly close and with more testing and tuning I might get to shave another .5 off (and still be a good 2 seconds off Phil and Kcender). Any way I hope it helps people that aren't that keen on these cars all together.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2018, 01:15:51 AM »
Ok sign me in Wally... I'll see if I can keep the engine in one piece  :o

I'll stick with the Parnelli vp4  Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2018, 07:01:38 AM »
Can i give it a go with my shadow?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2018, 08:01:55 AM »
I thought I'd post my lap times and thoughts for anyone that hasn't done much testing. I've only tested these because I wanted to drive something that most others wouldn't eg. Lotus. Out of those tested the Tyrell feels to be one of the more stable cars (for me) followed by Williams and Shadow. Fittipaldi one of the worst, the others were ok but need some tuning. Not fast times but still fairly close and with more testing and tuning I might get to shave another .5 off (and still be a good 2 seconds off Phil and Kcender). Any way I hope it helps people that aren't that keen on these cars all together.
To be honest, I just randomly jumped in the Surtees and thought it felt OK to drive. I couldn't be arsed testing so many different cars.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2018, 08:17:35 AM »
To be honest, I just randomly jumped in the Surtees and thought it felt OK to drive. I couldn't be arsed testing so many different cars.
I don't really remember driving that one, I didn't drive it long and probably didn't even attempt a set up. My post was just to say that they're all fairly similar and with some time put in to testing and set up everyone should get reasonably stable and fast. You know when you pick one, then always question it the rest of the time lol. I'm also not saying go get the tyrrell, mainly to say from my testing, avoid the fittipaldi (although someone could make something of it).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal