Xtreme Gaming Network

Various eSeries sim racing news

Author Topic: Various eSeries sim racing news  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Various eSeries sim racing news
« on: April 02, 2020, 07:29:34 AM »
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/4/1/21203305/nbc-indycar-iracing-series-broadcast-sim-online-esports

NBC will broadcast IndyCar’s virtual replacement races on TV

"the virtual IndyCar race will feature the same broadcast crew that NBC Sports typically uses in its coverage of real-world competitions."

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Various eSeries sim racing news
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 12:48:57 PM »
Apologies for the FB link, but this the Supercars at Monza in iRacing, with real commentary. It looks excellent, I have to say.

I wonder if we can hire Crompo to commentate XGN races?

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 05:51:07 PM »
Rick Kelly getting ready for it...

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 12:09:32 PM »
Watched a bit of the e-race supercars yesterday.

Entertaining but also slightly disappointing. Wally would have had a field day banning drivers, Monza T1 was even worse than some public servers  :o 

There was a lot of lag problems showing up with cars jumping around and some very weird leader board issues. And I am not even going to comment on the collision/damage modeling. Not sure if those were normal for i-racing, if it is then I'm quite happy never to have spend any money on it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 09:06:11 PM »
Here's the video.

It was a bit of fun, but yeah, the iRacing netcode looked pretty average, with cars blinking in and out. I was watching it with my wife, and at the start of the Monza race, I said "watch the carnage at turn 1". Monza did not disappoint :D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 11:53:52 PM »
Here's the video.

It was a bit of fun, but yeah, the iRacing netcode looked pretty average, with cars blinking in and out. I was watching it with my wife, and at the start of the Monza race, I said "watch the carnage at turn 1". Monza did not disappoint :D
I actually thought it was a bit amateur or they weren't taking it seriously with the amount of hits that were happening in that race..!   We do better than that  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal